the clash, story of the clash....

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: the clash, story of the clash....
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Kymical on Friday, February 13, 1998 - 12:10 am:
    i like this band. not for their "rock the cashbah" or their "should i stay or should i go".

nope, i like them for what i hear on this tape and on the rest of combat rock and sandnasta. especially on "complete control" something about that song. it is like i can hear in the music the bond they had and the sort of saddness cause they knew it was going away.
    the way joe says "you're my guitar hero" and "this is for punk rockers."
    it just saounds so true and right there. brings a tear to my eye sometimes. maybe it is the pitch cause really high noises are usually what makes you cry. but it is just so moving.

-sigh-
    and it is also like they and stuff to say and they said it right....they didn't muck it up or anything. i like that.

By Jeffrey Scott Holland on Saturday, March 7, 1998 - 11:10 am:
    The Clash are my all-time favorite band and always will be.....I love everything they did, including the hits like "Rock the Casbah". Someday I want to meet Joe Strummer and shake his hand.

By John on Monday, June 8, 1998 - 11:15 pm:
    The clash are coca cola sponsored, but they bring tears to my eyes

By Joe in DC on Tuesday, June 9, 1998 - 04:38 pm:
    Cut the Crap was a decent record, don't listen to the critics! Strummer's Earthquake Weather was mighty fine. What to listen to when you're in the mood for Clash but want something besides the old Clash disks? For me it's Social Distortion, Circle Jerks, Marky Ramone and the Intruders, maybe some of those lesser-known Ramones records like Brain Drain. Also, I'm looking forward to the next record by Joe Strummer. Crank one out for us Joe -- I'll buy 10 of 'em.

By Sara on Monday, June 15, 1998 - 03:03 pm:
    i cant find a friggen sample of rock the casbah....help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love 'em anyway....

By Vonix on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 03:30 pm:

The Clash is indeed the only band that matters... I agree about the Complete Control thing, although it makes me more sad now that Joe Strummer is dead.

By semillama on Sunday, February 23, 2003 - 12:40 pm:

Whatever happened to Kymical? I miss her.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact