a bunch of cheesy midi files

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: a bunch of cheesy midi files
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Sorabji on Tuesday, February 24, 1998 - 09:56 pm:
    sometimes they just seem so right.

right now it's "have you ever seen the rain," by ccr.

a minute ago it was "dust in the wind" by kansas.

before that was that alkan left-hand etude, op. 76.

my favorite CCR song is "who'll stop the rain," but the midi of that song i started between that last sentence and this one does it no justice at all.

for my birthday mom sent a weird e-card thing which had a picture of me at 2 with a midi of alkan's op. 61 sonatine in the background. not just weird, positively deranged. the picture of me was pulsating atop the screen, and behind this incessant picture of me was a midi version of alkan's most vacuous score, the last movement of his almost respectable op. 61.

that's ok, of course, but who else in the world could have sent such a birthday greeting?

for some reason, the last 2 nights i've been listening to an andreas vollenweider tape mom sent me a couple of years ago. maybe 4-5 years ago. ths stuff doesn't suit me, but nothing does anyway.

for some reason i am suddenly remembering a small town in florida and the music i heard there. a church choir singing hymns.

rubberbabybuggybumpers.

i hear church hymns and all i can think is "man, those things are hard to sight-read perfectly the first time."

for a pianist they are virtually impossible, i dare you. and if you get one right you'll blow the the next 12.

now i'm listening to the mendelssohn octet.MID.

i agree with whoever it was who said Bach would have been all over synthesizers had they existed in his time. he loved hearing familiar music in new ways.

i think the midi file i once heard of ravel's g major piano concerto surpasses some of the "analog" recordings of that music in many ways.

most midi files suck so bad you can't believe you just spent the time it took to listen to them.

and it looks like my mouse pointer just disappeared.

shit.

By Tucker on Monday, March 16, 1998 - 12:13 am:
    some midis are good, you have to get the ones with the lead guitar in them or the "words". the rest is just a little excuse for a bass boost with some weird sounds. green day songs are usually good

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact