Chronic of Narnia

sorabji.com: What are you listening to?: Chronic of Narnia
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 05:58 pm:

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 09:22 pm:

my friends and i have an mp3 blog, and we put the mp3 up there if anyone wants it:

http://www.indierockblog.com

i dare say SNL has been getting better overall this season. since signing the Lonely Island troupe over time I've seen more and more weirder sketches that actually have a premise, as opposed to the 'every cast member gets a character that does a talk show' format of the past few years, which I hate.

By dave. on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 11:02 pm:

that's fucknfunny. snl has gotten much better lately. will forte and darrell hammond do great imitations. and amy poehler is hot in a milf way. did anyone see the one where she was a one-legged supermodel contestant? "yeah, i farted. ya jealous?"

cool site, rowlfe. i'ma leech some of it.

By patrick on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 12:26 pm:

i've been diggin on poehler for some time. but then again i've had a thing for gals on SNL since I was kid.

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 02:34 pm:

I learned recently that Poehler (Besides being the wife of Will "GOB" Arnett of Arrested Development) was one of teh stars/writers of Upright Citizens Brigade. I never got to see that sketch show, but always heard good things. Havent seen the set in stores, though I understand it is on DVD already.

I love Will Forte because he was Abe Lincoln on "Clone High". his voice is what makes him funny to me...

other than Samberg and Forte, the ones to watch break out are the new featured people, Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig. Wiig was 'Dr. Pat' on the first Joe Schmo Show, does both amazing impressions and characterizations. She's an all purpose player... Hader did that Pacino impression that made everyone go crazy on the season opener, and also did a great Vincent Price which you can see in the clips section on the SNL website...

I really hope Maya Rudolph never comes back. I cant stand her and never could stand her, every facial expression and bad accent job she does, I cringe. Theres nothing funny about her, ever. From her Donatella Versace sketches to the Destinys Child parody, she's one of those people that looks at the cards too much, overacts, and just has bad timing. HATE HATE HATE black hole of comedy known as Maya Rudolph.

By patrick on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 03:39 pm:

are you kidding? i thought she was not only pretty good, but yummy too.

By semillama on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 05:13 pm:

Rowlfe, you need to get that UCB dvd. It's the funniest shit EVER. It's the lord god of oddball sketch comedy, hands down. Trust me on this one.

Kazu got me the first two seasons of Red Dwarf for Xmas. I had never seen the show but heard goood things about it. It starts a little weak but gets progressively funnier and better, especially when Cat makes his first appearance.

"Attention Lady Cats! I am feeling VERY SEXY!"

By Rowlfe on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 08:26 pm:

"Rowlfe, you need to get that UCB dvd. It's the funniest shit EVER. It's the lord god of oddball sketch comedy, hands down. Trust me on this one. "

have you seen Mr. Show? because I demand a comparison to Mr. Show...

By jack on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 12:34 am:

i finally checked the "lazy sunday"/chronic(what?)les of narnia video out. funny stuff, there.

like patrick, i find maya rudolph somewhat attractive.
    unlike patrick, i do not find her funny.

rowlfe, why the demand for a comparison to Mr. Show?
    is that your standard?
    just curious, mind you.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact