The Blair Witch Project

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: The Blair Witch Project
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Entreri on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 03:18 pm:

This isn't like any other movie out there. Deinfately watch this one, if you're into a psychological thriller...

By Rhiannon on Sunday, August 8, 1999 - 09:25 pm:

Saw it. Scared me to pieces.

By Bettey on Monday, August 9, 1999 - 09:02 pm:

Interesting. Everyone I've spoken to who has an opinion about this movie either found it terrifying or stupid. Personally, I left the theater feeling really cheated that I had spent $9.50 on such a lousy movie. I guess I wanted it to live up to the hype...

By Rhiannon on Monday, August 9, 1999 - 09:59 pm:

Hmm. I only paid $3.75, which was appropriate.

By Sdl on Wednesday, August 11, 1999 - 02:58 am:

Thought it was a great film, didn't think it was all that scary though. If you go into the movie wanting to get scared off your ass you probably won't. As long as you don't sit to close to the screen it's an all right movie. When you step back and look at the structure of the movie - i think its pretty well put together. I have to admit though during the movie many times all i could think about was going up behind somebody and scaring the shit out them.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, August 11, 1999 - 09:40 pm:

Go see the Sixth Sense -- very creepy, and a fabulous ending. Worth $9.50.

By J on Thursday, August 12, 1999 - 10:10 am:

I saw the Sixth Sense the other night and Rhiannon is right,it was really good.

By Skottey on Thursday, August 12, 1999 - 04:06 pm:

Blair witch was good. I don't normally get scared, this one was so real that it had a terrifying affect on me. I was afraid to go downstairs and get cold water after watching this movie. I stayed in bed and drank the warm stuff.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, August 12, 1999 - 04:22 pm:

Me too!

We have a dehumidifier in our basement that needs
    to be emptied every night and it just so happened
    that the night I saw the movie was my night to
    empty it AND the lightbulb just so happened to
    have burned out that morning...jeeeeezzz. I was
    whimpering like a baby and saying Our Fathers over
    and over as I ran up and down the stairs.

But then I normally do that when I'm in the
    basement.

Hey, it's scary down there!

By Cyst on Thursday, August 12, 1999 - 04:26 pm:

rhiannon - you freaked me the fuck out a while back with your link to some ghost site. I was living by myself in a really old building with power problems at the time.

you must like being scared. I do.

I loved the last scene of blair witch project, but that might just be because I had to go to the bathroom really bad.

By MoonIt on Thursday, August 12, 1999 - 11:32 pm:

oh man, I am NOT seeing this movie.

I am pathetic.

I was freakin in Scream 2 (I saw it before the the first) and I had nightmares for a week afterwards..

me and scary dont mix.

By Lawanda on Friday, August 13, 1999 - 04:49 pm:

Best scare of my life: Reading sections of "The Exorcist" when I was 13 or so, from a hidden copy. Slept with a rosary over my bed for at least two months. I think it was my older sister's book that I lifted from her hiding place. (Where she kept her romance novels and Playgirl)

Creepiest Movie: "Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer." Ewww. Still gives me the icks.

I will have to see this movie. Don't think a movie has scared me since the head popped out of the boat in "Jaws". I saw that on its first release in the front row of a packed theatre. The audience reaction alone was worth the admission.

Another great audience reaction movie was "Pulp Fiction" right when the girl is about to get that huge needle stuck in her. The audience was stone silent, and when it happened, everyone gasped.

I can't watch slasher movies though. They gross me out. Nightmare, Jason, that kind of stuff. I did watch "Scream" and thought that was pretty good. Wasn't scary though, more of a who-dunnit.

"Seven" was a good creepy movie. OK, I'll stop now.

By Rhiannon on Friday, August 13, 1999 - 04:59 pm:

"The Exorcist" is one movie I will never see.
    This may just be the religion pounded into me, but
    to me that stuff is real. The devil and all that
    -- real. Not fiction. Too scary to think about.
    I believe in ghosts too, but movies / books about
    the devil are not at all entertaining.

When I saw the Sixth Sense, there's a scene in
    which the little boy is in his hallway, knowing
    there's a ghost around, and suddenly one passes in
    front of the camera. Some guy actually lept out
    of his chair and started making for the door, and
    then paced back in forth in the aisle, and then
    sat back down. Everyone in the audience was
    laughing, except me, who was mad that the
    atmosphere of the movie was ruined.

By Cyst on Sunday, August 15, 1999 - 09:10 am:

I used to take catechısm classes (ccd -- what the hell does that stand for, anyway?) and one year the teachers -- a marrıed couple -- were obsessed wıth demonıc possessıon (4 s's?).

we skıpped all the sacrament shıt and talked about the devıl. untıl sıster rose found out.

By Crawford on Sunday, August 22, 1999 - 02:18 pm:

why are all of your "i's" "ı's" ?

it looks like chaucer or something.

By Jinafishes on Monday, August 23, 1999 - 12:14 pm:

It's probly a Swedish or French keyboard

By J on Monday, August 23, 1999 - 12:29 pm:

Those tacky French fuckers,and since Labor Day is coming up,fuck Jerry Lewis!!!!

By -oDDBALL oDD- on Monday, August 30, 1999 - 06:49 pm:

Liked Blair Witch...Sixth Sense blew it away.
    The cool thing about it is that after you see it the first time, the second time will feel like a
    TOTALLY different movie.

By Harriet on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 11:43 am:

OK, I am from England people, where The Exorcist was banned for many years. Personally, I thought it wasn't so good. It was really, really sick. Very shocking, which probably made it more scary than it really is.

The Blair Witch is alright, but in all the scary scenes it always left me wanting more. The end scene was great though.

The Sixth Sense it too nice. I mean, come on, it can hardly be called a horror film. It has a happy ending and the little boy actually helps the ghosty people.

I really wanna see The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Is it good? You guys are so lucky in the USA because you can go and see old movies at the cinema. In England we can only go and see new movies...

By dave. on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 02:18 pm:

""The Exorcist" is one movie I will never see."

spider, have you seen it yet? if not, you really should.

By kazu on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 03:40 pm:

The priest at the last wedding I attended looked exactly like the exorcist priest.

yes, Spider, you should see it.

The movie that scared me the most was the Shining which I saw for the first time when I was 13. I slept with my light on for a month and had to pay the difference in the electric bill. Sem and I watched it in Mexico and while it still makes me nervous (as if this time he won't make it through the maze) it seemed almost silly...at least the Jack Nicholson parts.

I didn't see the Blair Witch Project because I saw the one scene where the girl is speaking a kind of confession into the camera and the sound of her sniveling was so painfully annoying I couldn't bring myself to see it. It annoys me just to think about it.

I really liked the Sixth Sense. I still haven't had my "second viewing" though.

By Spider on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 03:54 pm:

No way, dude. I can't handle things like that.

By eri on Sunday, February 1, 2004 - 01:58 pm:

The Exorcist never scared me. I thought it was funny as hell. I loved that movie growing up.

I have The Blair Witch Project and thought it was really entertaining. I laugh at the people who don't get the ending and I have to explain it all to them.

I think the one that scared me the most as a child (12 or 13) would have to be either "Amityville the posession" or "Night of the Living Dead". Cuz with Night of the Living Dead, I always fell asleep while watching the movie and never saw how it ended. I finally saw the ending like 3 years ago, got all pissed off, and started yelling at the tv and threw the movie in the trash. I still have the first two Amityville movies, though.

By J on Monday, February 2, 2004 - 12:23 pm:

The Exorcist scared the shit out of me,I screamed both times her head twisted around, so bad that an usher threatened to throw me out and I slept with the Bible that night.

By semillama on Monday, February 2, 2004 - 05:37 pm:

By Mavis on Tuesday, February 3, 2004 - 12:28 am:

jeepers creepers 2

the dumbest horror movies freak me out!

By agatha on Tuesday, February 3, 2004 - 01:53 am:

!!!!!!!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact