Run Lola Run

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Run Lola Run
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By JusMiceElf on Sunday, August 29, 1999 - 01:02 am:

This was great. It was in German, with subtitles, but there wasn't all that much dialogue, mostly movement and raw emotion. Lola, the main character, has to come up with 100,000 marks in twenty minutes for her boyfriend, or he'll be killed. The movie shows three possilbe outcomes; the variations are subtle at first, but then diverge. The filming is fantastic. In one scene, Lola is filmed from directly above as she runs, then the camera slowly moves down, pivoting on her face, until it's directly in front of her, and moving back as she runs. I highly reccomend this one!

By Wisper on Monday, October 11, 1999 - 03:05 am:

rarely have I been stunned by a movie.
    Those germans sure know what they're doing

and the soundtrack kicks major ass, too

By Patrick on Wednesday, January 5, 2000 - 02:16 pm:

this movie is hot, it's on video now, and I HIGHLY recommend it. Those Germans do indeed have it together, the style of the cinematography is a breath of fresh air......the fact that the whole film takes place in 20 minutes is amazing, stylistically it's very similar to Lock, Stock Two Barrels Smoking......the soundtrack, though most techno bores me, was great and very appropriate for the film. Lola has a very La Fem Nikita/Milla Jovich in 5th element/Darryl Hannah in Blade Runner appeal to her.........

By Isolde on Wednesday, January 5, 2000 - 10:51 pm:

I loved it. I'm actually listening to the soundtrack as I write this. A beautiful thing.

By Jusmiceelf on Thursday, January 6, 2000 - 11:56 am:

Yay! I wanna see it again. It totally sucked me
    in when I saw it the first time. And I agree, re
    the techno soundtrack. It really works for this
    film. Damn. All y'all go see

By semillama on Sunday, April 30, 2000 - 12:30 am:

FInally, the one copy at the video store was in.

Fan-fucking-tastic. This was the best movie I've seen in a long time. I really liked the "UND DANN" bits when it would show scenes from the person's possible future path. What a great movie. I wish I had someone to have watched it with me.

By Isolde on Sunday, April 30, 2000 - 12:47 am:

I think it's the only movie I will ever buy on DVD. I loved the UND DANN parts too. I really just have a secret fondness for things with multiple endings...

By PetRock on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 06:13 am:

The DVD kicks ass too Isolde....

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact