The Man in the Moon

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: The Man in the Moon
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By J on Friday, December 31, 1999 - 09:22 am:

I saw it last week,the first day it came out.I don,t care for Courtney Love,so it,s a good thing I didn,t know she was in it,all she did was look goofy and smile or try to look sad,they could have left her out.It was a very good movie, Jim Carey had him down!! I,ll never forget the first time I saw him on SNL,a bunch of my friends were over at the apt. we had when we first got married,he did his Mighty Mouse gig,out of about 10 of us,only Shaunna the bitch,s ex-husband and I were laughing.We couldn,t understand why nobody else didn,t think he was funny.I always felt bad because when it came out that he had cancer,I thought it was a joke,everyone did.Make sure you see it from the very beginning,stick around for the credits.

By ML on Friday, December 31, 1999 - 11:54 am:

Jim Carrey :)

By J on Friday, December 31, 1999 - 01:07 pm:

Thanks hon:)

By MapleLeaf on Friday, December 31, 1999 - 02:09 pm:

Welcome J....my last one for the year :)...off to the office to watch the new year come in and have the computers crash all around me.

Happy New Year !!!!

By J on Friday, December 31, 1999 - 02:51 pm:

Same to you M.L. and to everyone.

By semillama on Sunday, January 2, 2000 - 10:35 pm:

A really good movie, I thought. I agree w/ you about Courtney. I heard a rumor that if Carrey snags best Actor, he's goingt o have Tony Clifton accept.

By Jim aka Pajama on Monday, January 3, 2000 - 03:55 pm:

I saw this movie Saturday. Carrey was phenominal, but overall I did not like it. It had no flow to it. Very choppy. But perhaps that's because I didn't know much about Kaufman outside of "Taxi."

By N.b. on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 08:34 pm:

I saw this, but not out of any desire to. It was on at 9:30 within driving range, and someone else wanted to see it. Carrey was Carrey. (I don't like him much.) It made me miss Andy and wish I could see a good documentary with him doing the bits. There was too much of Danny DeVito; i guess because he produced the movie or something, you could expect. I don't feel like they really got inside Andy or revealed anything. The wrestling scenes were fun though.

By J on Tuesday, January 4, 2000 - 09:53 pm:

They had a speacial on Comedy Central,but there was a lot of plugs for the movie in it,still worth seeing.

By Trace on Tuesday, September 5, 2000 - 01:38 pm:

Just saw this movie this weekend, we rented it.
    I thought Carrey did an excellent job. I loved Tony Clifton bits.
    My wife hated it, but cried at the end.
    Andy was a genius. And, as the case is with most genius', out to etertain himself using other people.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact