SLC Punk

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: SLC Punk
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Crawford on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 04:03 pm:

I borrowed it from a friend and found out my old scoutmaster was dead right after watching it. It was good, though. I liked Heroin Bob and Mike. If you like punk, consider seeing this movie.

By semillama on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 09:13 pm:

I heard it blew from all my old punker friends.

I am waiting to see that Sex Pistols documentary.

By patrick on Friday, May 5, 2000 - 11:52 am:

that was my impression sem of it too sem. it looks so ...so.......so..."green day/blink182 punk".....i realize i am getting older, but i fi recall crawford is still in HS so.......

By Star on Saturday, May 6, 2000 - 09:55 pm:

I cried when I saw SLC Punk...when Heroin Bob died. I sat in front of the t.v. screaming "Why did that bitch have to give him that pill!! I hate you slut!! I hope you die from a pill bottle stuck down your troat!!" Of course I thought it was a good movie, does that mean all high schoolers have bad taste? I don't really care, all I know, is that I liked it.

By semillama on Sunday, May 7, 2000 - 02:10 pm:

Not all high schoolers have bad taste, but very few have any idea how fucking awful the so-called "punk" bands that are played on commercial radio are. It's something we older punks have a problem with, which makes us just like all other older music fans.

By Margret on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 10:09 am:

I like Greenday, and I grew up on Minor Threat/Gov't Isses/Minutemen. So there, y'all born-again snobs.
    I hope you had the time of your life.

By patrick on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 12:10 pm:

yeah yeah yeah

someone gave me a bunch of pills over the weekend.
    tylenol-3 and vicodins......FREE....

i also experienced a million dollar home.

i look forward to being able to say:

"back in my day............."

By J on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 01:06 pm:

I really like the band Me FIrst and Gimme Gimme.I like Greenday too.

By semillama on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 01:28 pm:

Give me green day over Blink-182 or the Offspring anyday, but give me Stiff Little Fingers over Green Day any time.

not a big fan of sugar-pop-punk.

By Uther on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 01:47 pm:

i gotsa question. i gotta a tape of a late night radio show i made with this song i really likes on it - cut time punk, female lead singer, chorus goes "in the back room of the bar, in the backroom of the ba-a-ar, we made a drink up for me and him, 'cause i drink whiskey and he only ever drinks gin." whom is that?

By Crawford on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 04:00 pm:

Oh, I have a very good idea of how awful all the the so-called "punk" bands that are played on commercial radio are. A very good idea indeed . . .
    Uther, I don't know who it is, but I could give you some leads. Discount has a female singer; so does Tilt. Let's see . . . Lunachicks, J Church has a girl on some of their songs I think, the Red Aunts, um, I'll think of more.

By agatha on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 04:09 pm:

i like the offspring, and green day are okay. but i love gov't issue and minor threat. there's the difference. has anyone heard the fugazi "instrument" soundtrack yet? it's great.

By patrick on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 05:12 pm:

J Church is still around? Crap.

The ultimate punker movie/documentary:

Another State of Mind

not sure who you are looking for Uther, possibly:

Avengers
    Slant 6
    X
    Naked Aggression
    L7

By Uther on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 06:28 pm:

i'm getting drunk on gin.

thanks for the suggestions. before people list every punk-type band with a female singer (i would know if it was x or L7 etc.) - this particular song is what i've always called "surf punk": sort of bow wow wow on amphetamines. the singer has a contralto voice and is fairly subdued (meaning she doesn't screech or yell.) this particular show - that i'd made the tape from - is on sunday nights, so i will probably just call the dj then and ask her.

anybody seen "the filth and the fury", the new sex pistols documetary?

By Star on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 08:33 pm:

I am not only a dirty person, but a dirty cat too.

By cyst on Monday, May 8, 2000 - 10:51 pm:

I saw the sex pistols documentary on saturday. it was good. it would have been great if they'd trimmed an extra 45 minutes off it.

By Tabris Binah on Sunday, August 6, 2000 - 08:42 pm:

I saw it a couple of months ago.. it was pretty good. In fact I was going to rent it again last night, specifically to see the mods (I'm studying mods and scooters and stuff), but the one copy that was in wasn't on the shelf, and the main clerk (who dosen't like me much) wouldn't look for it.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact