Black Cat, White Cat

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Black Cat, White Cat
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Isolde on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 12:18 am:

I. Loved. This. Movie.

By J on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 01:53 am:

Details sweetcheecks,why?

By Isolde on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 10:44 am:

(Incidentally, I had a dream that this thread sparked endless commentary, all of which was written with a period after each word, like I did. Alas, my dream was not realized.)
    It's this totally crazy movie about gypsies and drug dealers and marriages and midgets, and there are two cats that are always in it. In just about every scene, one, or both, are underfoot/watching/meowing/etc, and one is black, one white. (as the title implies). I have a dark grey tabby and a little white cat. They enjoyed it too. Anyway, I thought the movie was well made and while it's meant to be a comedy, parts were certainly a commentary on everything from arranged marriages to the cold war.
    Go watch it. (rent it?)

By couldnt resist on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 11:46 am:

W.T.F.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 02:31 pm:

i had a dream i was on a hockey team and getting a nose job at the same time, in between periods.

i have never ice skated before and it felt so great to skate around, so free, i felt i had it together and the commraderie was to be admired. We (undescript teams) were playing in the play offs and i scored brilliantly right before the period ended, beautiful shot as i skated parallel to the net, right through the crease, i flicked it in, TOTAL FAKE OUT....!!!! The thing is, no one realized the puck had gone in, the goal ref and the goalie himself were dumbfounded as i sat there pointing to the puck in the net. finally the buzzer rang, end of the period. as we were skating off the rink, the goalie i scored on, top notch goalie ed belfour of dallas was beside me and i was like "nice goal eh?" "didn't see that one coming did ya?" he was like "yeah yeah yeah sure man" i was going to all my teamates and was like "hey guys, did you see that, my first playoff goal WAHOOO", but no one seemed excited then i was so eager to play some more after a brief visit to the locker room i came back out on the ice and they were having the little leaguers play in between periods, then they brought out the soccer goals and started to put grass down. the game had ended, and i wasn't ready for it.

then i went and sat in the chair to have my nose adjusted, he wanted to straighten it and make it less pointy. he put, what i thought was anesthesia, over my mouth, one of those strap on face/mouth cups...and i started pass out, but i never quite lsot total consciousness. I was thinking he was gonna start slicing and dicing and i feared it was oneof those meoments where i could feel and see everything but not SAY anything,as in "OUCH!" He took it off and said it was a placebo to see how strong of a dose i would need. i was terrified all at the same time. then the doc started asking me if i knew anything about the stolen amphetmines from last week.....i suspected my friends who were around the scene, but nothing concrete.

i never got my nose job.....

please interpret

By Dougie on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 02:41 pm:

A sure sign of latent homosexual tendencies, to be sure.

By patrick on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 03:25 pm:

thats nothing new

By MapleLeaf on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 04:37 pm:

you are watching far too much hockey these days and you are not accustomed to it yet.

I think it might be a strain of the Stockholm Syndrome.

Patrick....until you get used to it you should only take hockey playoffs in small doses.

2 and half hours to faceoff!!!!!!!!!!!

By Gee on Friday, May 19, 2000 - 04:50 pm:

the other night I had a dream that Ishmael turned out to be my brother. There was a small part of me that was pleased, but mostly I was disgusted that I had lusted after my own Brother for so long.

By Tabris Binah on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 05:52 am:

God! I have wanted to see Black Cat, White Cat since I first saw the Pay-Per-View previews (I, of course, haven't a credit card). But there isn't a single tape in this entire little town.

By Mavis on Wednesday, August 9, 2000 - 11:22 am:

black cat white cat is my favorite recent movie.

http://www.sirenent.com.au/blackcat2.html

i love the music, the chaos, the cinematography......kocani orkestar is the band in this film, the one runnning around everywhere, and tied to the tree as well........

By Trace on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 12:47 am:

So was it black cat or white cat?????

I know, I know. *Groan*

I will go flush myself now for the shitty joke

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact