8 1/2 Women and Ghost Dog

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: 8 1/2 Women and Ghost Dog
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 12:53 pm:

Ok, i gotta a double review here.

First up,

peter greenaway's 8 1/2 Women.

its typical greenaway, vivid often surreal sets and imagery, intricate and absurd characters and at times borderlines on the homoerotic. Its long winded but worth it. At times its quite funny.

next

Ghost Dog

Forrest Whitiker stars in this flic. he's a modern day student of the samarai....he's a hitman for the mafia, and lives by the sword so to speak, or rather high powered pistols with silencers and laser pointers. Its a great "fight" movie in the vein of a bruce lee or mafia flic. Its gotta cool soundtrack, with some neat and bordeline unbelievable action scenes....highly recommend it.

anyone else seen these?

By Dougie on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 02:56 pm:

By Dougie on Monday, January 8, 2001 - 12:09 pm:
    Yeah, I rented it this weekend. Cool movie -- strange mix of samurai teachings, mafia, hiphop, and haitian cultures, but it worked. Forest Whittaker's great in it. Patrick, I think you'd dig the music -- was by RZA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By semillama on Monday, January 8, 2001 - 01:17 pm:
    Unfortunately, the soundtrack album does not have all the music in the movie on it.

great flick though.

PASSENGA-PIDGIN!!!!

By patrick on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 03:10 pm:

well then

By dave. on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 03:18 pm:

we saw that the other day, too. that was a good movie. forrest whitaker is underrated. forest whitaker kicks wesley snipes' ass!

By patrick on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 03:29 pm:

i couldnt agree with you more. he's very talented, i love watchign his movies.

did you see him in Bird?

thats one of my all time favorites with him

By dave. on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 03:36 pm:

nope. never saw that one. he has a goofy eye, too.

By patrick on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 04:04 pm:

yeah he does.

oh fuck rent Bird immediately, not only is it Clint Eastwoods directing debut, but its a great drama based on Charlie Parker, and guess who plays Parker.

By Dougie on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 04:20 pm:

Eli Wallach? Lee Van Cleef?

By dave. on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 04:25 pm:

gene wilder?

By patrick on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 05:30 pm:

Dudley Moore you silly pricks!

By Kalli on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 07:25 pm:

No way. It's Joey Lawrence.

weenies.

By patrick on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 07:40 pm:

what brings you out of the woodwork sugartits?

By Kalli on Wednesday, February 21, 2001 - 07:44 pm:

missed me didn'tcha?

I have no idea why I'm here.

By J on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 11:39 am:

you don't need a reason,what have you been up to Kalli:)

By Forgetful J on Thursday, February 22, 2001 - 11:40 am:

?

By Kalliope on Sunday, February 25, 2001 - 10:55 pm:

you know. i come back on here...and then my monitor blows out.

irony?

i think not.

hi j :)

By J on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 10:21 am:

Just remember to come back hon:)

By Dougie on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 05:48 pm:

How can you see to type, Kalliope?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact