Pollock

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Pollock
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Thursday, July 26, 2001 - 05:02 pm:

Fanfuckintastic!

Ed Harris should have won that academy award.

Im glad Marcia Gay Harden did.

I admit to not knowing MUCH about Pollock's life, just his paintings, their distinct style, easily recognizable, so the life details in the movie were really what I was after.

The transformation to the drip method, the pressures of the NYC art elite, the critics....the money, the "competitors" made the ugly Pollock.

What was most disturbing in the film, and could even be a downfall was the transformation to painter to drunk recluse. In one scene he is at the highpoint, at the Parson's gallery and then next thing you know he's screaming at Krasner "you fucking drycunt bitch, no good bitch...." and on and on and on. He's gotten fat, doesnt shave, and BOOM in comes the mistress.

Its a bit abrupt and infact I sort of cringed in myseat when I heard the way he spoke to his wife. It truly unnerved me, and perhaps that was intentional.

"In not the phoney, your the phoney"

is the greatest line i'll walk away with. Pollock is nada, what you think is something is really nothing, and is nothing truly is something.

i now know why sam looks at the classic photo of Pollock painting and Krasner behind him hanging over his toilet. Pissing away nothing. Nothing eventually makes something. Doesnt it?

See this movie, its a fantastic bio. Im sure the book is better, but I didnt read the book, yet.

By Dougie on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 08:08 am:

Haven't seen it yet, but been meaning to. Ed Harris is a very underrated actor.

By semillama on Friday, July 27, 2001 - 08:55 am:

Exactly. I'm more liekly to see a film if Ed Harris is in it.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact