[an error occurred while processing this directive]

The Gift

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: The Gift
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 12:46 pm:

This was good. Definitely worth the rental. Its kinda scary, its kinda melodramatic and the southern accents arent quite right, but its still an enjoyable murder mystery. I jumped a few times myself. Any flic co-written by Billy Bob is worth looking into. I would love to know where they filmed this. The scenary is tops.

Katie Holmes has impressive tits, but is otherwise uninteresting and plays the spolied twit well.

Cate on the other hand....god Id see the worst movie just to watch her. Pale skinned red head complex in me.

hmmm

i suck as a movie reviewer

By Dougie on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 01:10 pm:

I saw it too. Thought it was pretty good. I thought the accents were ok, but then again, I'm not from the South. Anybody know what kind of cards she was using for reading? They weren't tarot, just shapes of like stars, and lines etc.

By Nate on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 04:52 pm:

those are cards they use to test psychic ability.

By Dougie on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 05:13 pm:

She was dealing them out and giving readings to people based on those dealt cards -- those are the same cards they use to test psychic ability?

By Pug on Thursday, September 6, 2001 - 07:23 pm:

I knew a psychic once who read ordinary playing cards.
    I enjoyed "The Gift" inasmuch as I have a rough time with unnerving movies like that. I have to give a hand to Sam Raimi---for doing a movie so completely un-Sam Raimi-like.
    My big kudos go to Keanu Reeves, tho----I've been debating for years whether the guy could act his way out of a paper bag and decided he can. I spent this whole flick wanting to beat him to death with a crowbar. No mean feat.

By patrick on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 11:37 am:

didnt he seem 10 times bigger. his head is huge now.

yeah....his character was the epitome of what I dodged growing. scary rednecks with big damn pick em up trucks.

have i emphasized how much i fucking dig cate blanchet? shit, god damn, get off...

By Dougie on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 11:56 am:

Yeah, she's cute, but she seemed way too young to be somebody's femme fatale fiancee in that movie, no?

By patrick on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 11:57 am:

i disagree. in fact, she appeared older that I thought she was in that movie. she reminded me of sissy spacek.

By Dougie on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 12:01 pm:

Oh wait, are we talking about the actress who played the fiancee of the school principal, or the one who was the reader? I'm talking about the former. Both are hot though.

By patrick on Friday, September 7, 2001 - 12:07 pm:

Cate Blanchet is the lead actress, the psychic. You are thinking of Katie Holmes with the great tits.

By Skottey on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 11:37 am:

Katie Holmes is hot but this movie sucked ass!

By semillama on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 08:08 pm:

5{tled to your opinion.

But you're still wrong.

That was an excellent movie and I am full
    agreement with teh Keanu reeves
    assessment- his best role yet, and any movie
    with Cate Blanchett in it is worth a watch.

Sam Raimi's non-fantasy stuff is really good. I
    loved A Simple Plan as much as The Gift. Of
    course, I also really like all the Evil Dead
    movies as well.

Add your message

Identify yourself:
E-mail (optional):

new messages from the last 24 hours . new messages from the last week
new messages . search these message boards . send e-postcards
message boards . what are you doing?
sorabji.com