Harry Potter

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Harry Potter
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Czarina on Friday, November 23, 2001 - 10:59 pm:

I'll say this:There was a theatre full of children,of all ages,and not a peep out of them during the film.

Entertaining,but a little long,I heard one of my spawn critique it with,"anti-climatic",a term I wasn't aware she knew.

There came a point,where the audience sorta started to get up,and get snacks,use restroom,etc,I think it kinda lingered on after that point.But mostly it held my attention.

By semillama on Sunday, November 25, 2001 - 07:11 pm:

It was alright. I thought that they did a good job
    of translating the book to film, but then again,
    it was so good a job that it seemed like I'd
    already seen it.

By The Watcher on Monday, November 26, 2001 - 06:11 pm:

I don't want to wait. But I will.

And, I'll avoid the munchkin hours.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 08:54 am:

Hey, when I saw it, the theatre was packed with kids, and there wasn't a peep out of a one of them during the entire movie.

By patrick on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 11:28 am:

what is it with adults and this kids movie?

By agatha on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 11:29 am:

go see it, patrick. it was amazing.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 11:50 am:

Patrick, we know you like to think of yourself as an old man, but live a little, okay?

By Spider on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 11:51 am:

Hey, I didn't realize I was plagiarizing Czarina in my 8:54 am post. Sorry about that.

By patrick on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 12:21 pm:

live a little?

did you read my description of the debauchery on Friday night at my house?

Takin in a kids movie is living a little to you, shelling out for the good vodka (for more than 2 drinky drinks) is living a little to me. Taking in a slutty strip tease in Vegas or dropping $25 on a blackjack hand is living a little.

I generally find kids movies boring. Even as a kid.

Although i did watch Rudolph, Frosty and the Peanuts Christmas special the other night. It made me nostalgic. I remember being so excited as a child when those 3 programs came on. They solidfied that it was xmas time...they made me feel tremendously wamr. Usually we put up our decorations while they were on TV as well. Further, claymation makes me very happy, much more so than most animation.

Tonight im going to watch this movie from the 70s with Malcolm McDowell called O Lucky Man.

By agatha on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 12:30 pm:

that's a great movie. i haven't seen it in a long time.

patrick, promise me that you will go to see harry potter. promise?

By patrick on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 12:46 pm:

naw.

maybe i'll rent it when its on video, but I doubt I'll see it in the theater.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 02:21 pm:

A wise man once said, "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

By patrick on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 03:16 pm:

well jeeeze spider thats no fun.

a wise man once said "take it off already"

By Spider on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 03:35 pm:

No, dummy, that *is* fun. That's saying go ahead and watch kids' movies and read fairy tales and wrestle with your young friend H, because who gives a shit about looking mature and grown up all the time?

By patrick on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 03:57 pm:

i don't care about looking mature and grown up.

my lifestyle clearly indicates that.

i saw there is a television show coming on about Jack and the Beanstalk. I got the impression in the 10 seconds that they are going to start doing fairytales for TV.

Id love that.

I never read the Hobit or Lord of the Rings, but I did read C.S. Lewis's Lion, Witch and Wardrobe series. I suppose if a movie came out about that Id be pretty excited, much like many are for Lord of the Rings.

My grandmother used to read to me a book of fairytales and tall tales. Some of my favorites were Rumplestilskin, the Fisherman's Wife, Hansel and Gretle and other Grimm tales.

Actually that may be a nice idea for a Christmas gift for H. The kids has WAYYYYY to many toys as it is.

I see your point spidey but my lack of interest in popular childrens films doth not make your point.

POO!!!!

By agatha on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 04:02 pm:

patrick, you should really go see it in the theatre. can't you just take my word on this one? buy tickets in advance on fandango, and go about a half hour early, and you won't have to interact with anyone.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 04:05 pm:

Actually, C.S. Lewis was the wise man who spake my quote.

Anyway, whatever. See the Lord of the Rings if you don't want to see Harry Potter. (Did you see the previews for it on TV yet? The Black Riders are scary!)

By p-monkey on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 04:05 pm:

its not a matter of taking your word. really, its not.

its just a matter of priorities.

what is fandango?

By agatha on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 04:34 pm:

it's a website where you can buy your movie tickets ahead of time. it rocks.

you can change priorities. i do it all the time.

By semillama on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 07:07 pm:

I can not wait for Lord of the Rings. It's going
    to blow everything out of the water.

By Spider on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 07:57 pm:

Look at this picture. Scary, I say!

By Nelly on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 09:53 pm:

Harry Potter has those things in it too. In a later book.

By Czarina on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 12:47 am:

Patrick,the only one you are selling short,by refusing to read the book,or see the movie,is yourself.

It is really most remarkable,for both young and old.Well worth the time you money you might invest.

As a matter of fact,as I recall,you have been needing some distractions in your life about now,I can promise that this would be a most enjoyable distraction for you :)

By J on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 01:14 am:

I am going tomorrow,I don't care if kids are there,it's against my law to spend full price for movies. I want to see them the way they were shown.

By J on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 01:32 am:

meant to be shown.

By moonit on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 02:05 am:

I can't wait for lord of the rings. We have been teased by trailers for ages. Texting the stupid codes to stupid numbers trying to win stupid tickets to the premiere.

How cool would that be!

By R.C. on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 06:15 am:

Patrick: Wait til Harry Potter hits the second-run theaters/after all the critters & their keepers have already seen it.

Go w/Nico to the latest possible showing on a Wed. nite when nobody's there but the derelicts & the odd 16-yr-old who wdn't be caught dead at a matinee or a kid's movie.

Sit in the back row & discreetly do the nasty w/yr wife while watching Harry Potter.

It's cheaper than a hand of blackjack but definitely qualifies as 'living a little'. ;)

I don't intend to see it 'til it comes out on video. My feeling is, why pay $8.00 for a movie when I can't even have a smoke & a margarita as part of the experience?

The last movie I paid to see in a theater was MAGNOLIA.

The next one I suspect I'll pay to see in a theater is ALI. Maybe.

But I will prolly break down & get a DVD player soon. I see that Blockbuster has devoted 25% of it's floospace to DVD's. I'm afraid in 3 yrs./movies on VHS will be as hard to find as movies on Beta.

By patrick on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 11:35 am:

no way.

beta didnt have 20+ years of production like VHS has had.

there are way too many VHS tapes out there, and continually being made.

shit, vinyl is still being produced.

the only advantage with dvd is if you have a bitchin system to begin with.

my system is mediocre, great for my sized apartment.

my vcr is a good one, my receiver is a good one, my TV is fair.

i dont see any need for DVD right now until i can have the cash to buy a better TV.

By agatha on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 12:48 pm:

what is it with all of you needing to avoid the kids? what's wrong with kids? i went when the theatre was full of kids, and they didn't make a peep during the entire movie. even dave went, and really liked it. that's saying a lot.

it's the sort of movie that you should really see in a theatre. it will be good either way, but the effects are awesome on the big screen.

then again, do whatever the hell you want, you old stick in the muds.

By semillama on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 12:50 pm:

I don't even plan on acquiring DVDs until
    either I own outright this iBook or when
    Fellowship of The Ring is out on DVD.

By patrick on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 12:59 pm:

generally speaking agatha, when you dont have kids you don't want kids. kids are generally regarded as a pain in the ass at movies.

working right next to the El Capitan which is owned by Disney, which caters to kids....its a theater totally for kids. The only adults you see there are with the kids. (they even turned the old Masonic temple right next door into a interactive musuem gallery for each movie. Right now its the Monster Inc. Headquarters "Welcome Humans" it says.)

I can understand where they are coming from because if you've had a movie ruined once by kids, you dont want to go through it again.

By agatha on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 01:08 pm:

feh, i say.

feh.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 04:11 pm:

Patrick,

If you don't want to see the movie. Read the book.

Harry Potter is more than just for kids. The writing is excellent. The characters wonderful. And, the story telling superb.

This is great literature in the popular sense.

I think if you read The Sorcers Stone. You will definately see why Harry Potter is big. I did and I can't put these books down. I've read each of them three times so far.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 04:18 pm:

agatha, I've been to to many movies where the parents wouldn't control their spawn.

And, the younger teenagers are the worst.

That's why I love the scene in "Scarry Movie" in the theater.

I'll stick to just the times when I'm less likely to run into the beasts. Also, my VCR and Direct TV satalite.

I'll get a recordable DVD when they become available at a reasonable price. $1000 is to much.

By agatha on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 04:20 pm:

i've been to more movies with obnoxious adults that wouldn't shut up than i have with kids whose parents wouldn't "control" them.

By semillama on Wednesday, November 28, 2001 - 10:34 pm:

I just want to say that I really want to hang out
    with alll the west coast Sorabjites very much.

ok?

By TBone on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 12:13 am:

Sorabjifest-West! Yeah!

By moonit on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 01:30 am:

I say Sorabji-SouthernHemisphere Rocks.

hehe

Potter starts tonight here.

By Cat on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 02:00 am:

I keep trying to con Mark down here with promises of nude horny girls using outback payphones. Maybe I should concentrate more on the hugosity of our juicy steaks and amazing variety of free piano music floating all over the harbour.

By TBone on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 02:09 am:

I just found out the other night that a good friend of mine is heading down to New Zealand for a year. She's going to do a year of school down there and I'm incredibly jealous. So incredibly jealous.

If I can possibly afford it, I'm going to try and make a visit. I might have to find nefarious means of funding, but that wouldn't bother me too much.

By moonit on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 02:40 am:

TBone which part is she heading to?

Because if you do come, you know you have to visit Christchurch. ; ) Make sure you stuff Hal in your suitcase k!

By Czarina on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 02:44 am:

This is scary,and I probably shouldn't post it,but i will.

Last night at work,on tv,we were watching "Forensic Files"[after all the psychotic,ax murdering patients were in bed]

Well,it was about a dead guy.A internet "friend" killed him.A guy met some "girl" in a chat room,she even posted her pic.she was cute.[it was later discovered that the pic was actually something clipped out of a mag,not even a real person]They never really talked verbally,cause the "girl" said said that her jaw was wired,cause an ex-boyfriend had smacked her,and broken it.So,they just communicate via the chat room..

Anyway,it all occured around Texas A&M,or maybe Baylor.So,the potential dead guy,"falls" for this cutie,and eventually goes to meet her.

Then I got a phone call,and got invited to this drug party at Ruth Chris Steak house[which is why I'm drunk,now]So,I kinda missed part of the show,butI got some of the important stuff.

There was never a "girl" at all.It was a guy,and I don't know if he was gay,or not,but I don't thionk so,I think he was just crazy.He got booted out of school,and his mom, says he'd spend about 12 hours a day in chat rooms.

So,the potential dead guy,goes to meet this "girl" he's fallen for and ends up getting killed by this crazy guy.

Besides this being an incrediabally sad story,there are some interesting things that I wanted to address.

They found his body,but had a hard time solving the crime.[but they did,and the killer is in prison,I missed the part about why he did it,I think he was just crazy]

But what i wanted to comment/ask about was this:

Eventually,the police/FBI,kinda found out about the "girl",from the dead guys roomate.But couldn't find her[cause she wasn't a real person]So they[police], put an article in the local paper about it,and a guy that knew the dead guy fro m the chat room came forth,and the police,were able to kinda trace the source from,a disk this guy supplied.Apparently,its very tricky to trace stuff just from a chat room.[there were basically no emails between the dead guy and the "girl",which,had there been,would have been easy to trace]

So,the police kinda knew where to look,from this disk.They went to the killers mothers house[where the killer lived],and consficated the computer.And were someway able to pull up all of the chat room conversations.This is wahat has me interested.

Besides being VERY glad they were able to find and punish the killer,I am confused about how the police could pull up all of the chat room talks.

Is everything we do,someway stored in our computers?Even if we delete history?I,mean,in this case I'm glad they were able to do it,and prosecute the killer,but are we all leaving records of our computer activities?

By Czarina on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 02:46 am:

This is scary,and I probably shouldn't post it,but i will.

Last night at work,on tv,we were watching "Forensic Files"[after all the psychotic,ax murdering patients were in bed]

Well,it was about a dead guy.A internet "friend" killed him.A guy met some "girl" in a chat room,she even posted her pic.she was cute.[it was later discovered that the pic was actually something clipped out of a mag,not even a real person]They never really talked verbally,cause the "girl" said said that her jaw was wired,cause an ex-boyfriend had smacked her,and broken it.So,they just communicate via the chat room..

Anyway,it all occured around Texas A&M,or maybe Baylor.So,the potential dead guy,"falls" for this cutie,and eventually goes to meet her.

Then I got a phone call,and got invited to this drug party at Ruth Chris Steak house[which is why I'm drunk,now]So,I kinda missed part of the show,butI got some of the important stuff.

There was never a "girl" at all.It was a guy,and I don't know if he was gay,or not,but I don't thionk so,I think he was just crazy.He got booted out of school,and his mom, says he'd spend about 12 hours a day in chat rooms.

So,the potential dead guy,goes to meet this "girl" he's fallen for and ends up getting killed by this crazy guy.

Besides this being an incrediabally sad story,there are some interesting things that I wanted to address.

They found his body,but had a hard time solving the crime.[but they did,and the killer is in prison,I missed the part about why he did it,I think he was just crazy]

But what i wanted to comment/ask about was this:

Eventually,the police/FBI,kinda found out about the "girl",from the dead guys roomate.But couldn't find her[cause she wasn't a real person]So they[police], put an article in the local paper about it,and a guy that knew the dead guy fro m the chat room came forth,and the police,were able to kinda trace the source from,a disk this guy supplied.Apparently,its very tricky to trace stuff just from a chat room.[there were basically no emails between the dead guy and the "girl",which,had there been,would have been easy to trace]

So,the police kinda knew where to look,from this disk.They went to the killers mothers house[where the killer lived],and consficated the computer.And were someway able to pull up all of the chat room conversations.This is wahat has me interested.

Besides being VERY glad they were able to find and punish the killer,I am confused about how the police could pull up all of the chat room talks.

Is everything we do,someway stored in our computers?Even if we delete history?I,mean,in this case I'm glad they were able to do it,and prosecute the killer,but are we all leaving records of our computer activities?

By Pug on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 03:17 am:

I'd say, "probably"...
    Do you really doubt that the shit you put out there is private, or that it doesn't get read by someone?
    I'm basically not even careful about what I say and do, on the net, now----because I believe I've been watched for years---so nothing I say at this point matters. They're gonna come get me or they won't----there's nothing I can do about it.
    Patrick, catch "Harry Potter"----best kid's movie I've seen in years....if you haven't read the book, double good for you---because unlike the folks who have, you'll be suprised by all the twists and turns....

By TBone on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 03:23 am:

A lot of stuff ends up in caches. I just discovered a huge hunk of my hard-drive being taken up by we caches on my work machine... Freed up a couple hundred megs. There was a bunch of stuff I didn't recognize.

But also a lot of people just lot all their chatroom s for their own purposes. Somewhere I've got a big archive of every word said in my old chatroom over a span of a couple years.

I'm not sure where she's headed, but I'll definately hit Christchurch and hang with you, moonit. That is, as long as you aren't some guy who just wants to kill me.

You think Hal would make it alright in one of those kennel things?

By Hal on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 04:19 am:

I'll show you a kennel boy...

No no no, TBone will be flying 3rd class back with the baggage while I live it up in 1st.

Fuck you, you ass.

By semillama on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 12:19 pm:

You know I always wondered the morning after how coherent I was the night before while drinking, and I guess fairly coherent is the answer.

By moonit on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 02:30 pm:

I promise I am a woman.

Ask Hal. He's heard my odd accent!

By Hal on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 03:03 pm:

Yes, and a sweet accent it is too...

I'm such a goofball...

No seriously though, moonit has this really cute kiwi accent... Sultry in its own way.

By The Watcher on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 04:44 pm:

A lot of people forget to delete the cookies a lot of sites put on their computers.

Or, they forget to clean out the recycle bin.

You'd be surprised how much stuff gets stored there.

By Fleischer on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 05:34 pm:

word of advice about cookies; dont delete them from your disk. you often accept the terms and conditions of sites when you enter them. One of the main terms and conditions if you ever actually read the small print is that you will enable cookies.

This is not a big deal until you are ordering something over the net. Then, if you have disabled cookies you are in breach of contract and have forfeited your warranty rights.

There is a precedent set in the Mississippi courts last year. If you are ordering goods dont disable cookies.

Another point; you never actually empty the recycle bin. The transaction stays on the disk and is easily recalled. Unscrupulous sites operate what are known as "weasels". The "weasel" is coded into the original cookie and notifies the site that you are trying to disable cookies. The "weasel" burrows into the disk and continues to allow access to your computer.

Again, not a big deal unless you are engaged in suspect activities. The government is known to have tapped into soviet computers by the simple expedient of letting them buy american hardware via pakistan.The shared "weasels" simply reeled off the disk contents to Cheyenne Mountain.

Easy when you know how isnt it?

By TBone on Thursday, November 29, 2001 - 10:37 pm:

Deleting cookies and disabling cookies are two different things.

You can delete cookies all you want afterward.

Cookies are also not programs. They can't do shit. They are just data that can be retrieved by the site that put them there (though there are bugs in some browsers that allow sites to retrieve any cookies stored on the machine).

Cookies are for tracking surfers. They are often necessary in things like shopping carts so that they can remember what you wanted to buy.

They are frequently used by ad companies to determine what kinds of sites you like so they can show you ads that you are more likely to be interested in. So in that sense, they're creepy.

They can't "notify" or "burrow" or give access to your machine.

Easy when you know what you're talking about, isn't it?

By R.C. on Friday, November 30, 2001 - 03:32 am:

If you don't delete yr ocokies on a regular basis/they *do* take up a lot of hardrive space. I'd rather remember passwords & sign in each time I visit a site than leave the cookies on my drive.

I have a program called Window Washer that I run every nite after I get off the web. It deletes cookies & other bs stored files from places I didn't even know they existed. And it shows you how much disk space you got back from the deletions.

You can get a free trial version here:

webroot

By Fleischer on Friday, November 30, 2001 - 11:13 am:

TBone, I am talking about the world of post-viral software here. It is a third level program that hitches a ride on the so called innocent cookie.

It detaches itself once the cookie is installed and runs separately and permanently streaming off packets of disk information. You cannot disable it and you can only delete these dangerous third level programs if you nuke the machine.

By Dougie on Friday, November 30, 2001 - 01:27 pm:

Point us to some URLs about weasels, Fleischer.

By The Watcher on Friday, November 30, 2001 - 06:24 pm:

It is possible.

And, true in some cases. I just prefer to free the space.

By TBone on Saturday, December 1, 2001 - 12:55 am:

No it's not.

Software can't ride on a cookie. It can't "detatch" itself because it's not a program. It's not running. No operations, no control.

It's just data. Like a text file. It's not like it can become sentient or something. You'd be hard-pressed to attatch some malicious program to a chunk of text limited to 4k.

If you've ever USED them and coded a dynamic site, you'd know. But you obviously haven't.

By Nate on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 05:02 am:

and total cookies are limited to 1200K.

ignore me.

By wisper on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 04:37 pm:

sorry to change the topic but....
    i saw Harry Potter last night and it was really
    great. Eyecandy and a wonderful story to boot.
    I'm so glad i didn't read the book first.

It's sad that it takes so much money to bring
    something like that to life so seamlessly. The
    shots in the great hall/dining room place were
    the best (i thought), and the only problem i
    could find in the whole thing was that the CGI
    people in the Quidditch game moved really
    really bad. But you know me, i'm a animation
    bitch.

For some reason (that i haven't figured out yet)
    the book and movie had the title changed in
    the US, so here and in the UK, and possibly
    the rest of the world, it's called Harry Potter
    and the Philosopher's Stone.
    Although i can't imagine why, the US being the
    breeding ground for people who would take
    offence to the "demonic undertones" of the
    word Sorcerer. What do they call the stone in
    the book's text? In the states release of the
    movie do the characters call it the Sorcerer's
    Stone or the Philosopher's stone? hmmm?

p.s. Alan Rickman is indeed hot shit. His first
    shot had me grinning and clapping.
    the Boy: "you like him, don't you?"
    me: "he's awesome wicked. Like a new Tim
    Curry"
    Boy: "yeah, like Tim Curry, but with a career"

de-licious.

By droopy on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 05:12 pm:

"philosopher's stone" is in my dictionary as a legendary substance that changes metal into gold. it's possible that this is more well-known in the UK, and they changed it so as not to confuse the americans.

sort of like the way they graciously changed the name of "the madness of king george III" to just "...king george" so we wouldn't think we missed the first two movies.

By wisper on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 06:19 pm:

righty-o.
    Research has taught me that they changed
    the title so as not to confuse the little wee
    americans. They also changed a few words in
    the book that would not have made sense in
    the states, like sellotape - tape, pitch - field
    and dolly - truck. N' stuff.

By TBone on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 06:41 pm:

Everyone's pushing me to see it. I'll see it eventually, but the lines look dangerous.

By semillama on Monday, December 3, 2001 - 10:28 pm:

There are lines in Montana?

My dad, being a philosopher, was really
    pissed they changed the name of the stone.

By agatha on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 02:37 am:

repeat after me:

FANDANGO!

By moonit on Tuesday, December 4, 2001 - 04:46 pm:

Fandango.

Now what?

I think I am going to see Harry tomorrow night. yay

By agatha on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 02:41 am:

not you, moonit. you're from "over there," and i don't know if they have fandango "over there."

By moonit on Wednesday, December 5, 2001 - 06:28 am:

okay explain fandango.

sometimes when i come here i feel like fez from that 70s show.

By Xyrea on Friday, December 7, 2001 - 01:04 pm:

I have been wanting to see Potter since it came out. I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and go by myself since none of my friends are even remotely interested. They just don't understand.

By heather on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 06:50 pm:

i just wanted to tell you all that i am going to see the new harry potter tomorrow, compliments of my lovely lovely job employer thing

By agatha on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 08:01 pm:

I can't wait! Maybe this weekend.

Email me, Heather, I want to know about your life right now.

By Nate on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 08:28 pm:

yeah, me too.

and if you're going to go see harry potter without me i'm going to go fuck whores and smoke crack.

By heather on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 09:10 pm:

awww

so sorry

they would only give me one ticket....but i tried

By Nate on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 11:17 pm:

well, since you tried i'll only go smoke crack.

By semillama on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 09:16 am:

My family is already making ominous noises about going to go see it in a "real" movie theater when they come for thanksgiving.

By Nate on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 09:55 am:

as opposed to last year when you made them sit in a culvert and watch you do your 'pantomime of shadows' behind a white sheet?

By The Watcher on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 12:51 pm:

It was probably more like a Kenner Give-A-Show projector.

I still have mine. Burried smoewhere in the basement.

By moonit on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 02:41 pm:

how weird.

I still feel like fez when i come here.
    sometimes.

By Spider on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 04:15 pm:

Isn't Fez a cutie?

By agatha on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 06:43 pm:

heh. funny peepul1

By moonit on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 08:39 pm:

yeap i'd do him.

heh : ) i also love the episodes when he dances.

By The Watcher on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 11:35 am:

I saw Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets a couple of weeks ago.

I liked it even more than the first. And, I keep watching the first movie when it shows up on HBO.

I wanted to go to a matinee and save a few bucks. But, my plumber problem kept me home.

So, I went to the last showing. It was great. No screaming kids. And, hardly anyone else in the theater.

I love nice quiet empty theaters. You can just sit back relax. Gorge yourself on popcorn. And, get lost in the movie.

I wish I could go more often. But, the prices at the theaters today are outragious. I think even the cheaper matinees are to expensive. And, the concession stand is even worse.

By semillama on Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 06:06 pm:

You need a good theatre that only shows movies after they have been out for a couple months for dirt cheap. There is one in Columbus that is ten times better than the first-run theatres here in my home town (I went to the best one today to see Two Towers with the fam and the sound kept fucking up) and it only costs a buck to see a flick.

By The Watcher on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 12:48 pm:

We've had a few of those. But, they always seem to lose money and close.

By Nate on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 01:12 pm:

with an old coat, a piece of cardboard and a sharpie you can get $7.50 in half an hour.

By The Watcher on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 02:46 pm:

And maybe if I use my wife's wheelchair I could get more.

No thank you.

By Nate on Friday, December 27, 2002 - 02:52 pm:

if you brushed up on sucking cock, i'm sure you could get more, too.

(literally, not figuratively.)

By BABY on Saturday, January 24, 2004 - 02:23 pm:

HI
    WHAT'S ^ 2 ALL U

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact