Vanilla Sky

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Vanilla Sky
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Crawford on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 10:13 pm:

I don't want to reveal any of the major plot elements to those who have not seen it. This accounts for the relative uninformative nature of this post.

Franklin, a movie buff friend of mine, told me that this movie was good. So Aimee and I used our 6-dollars-off coupons at the movie theater and saw it.
    I didn't know quite what to expect. When I sat down, all that I knew beforehand was that Tom Cruise's character loves Penelope Cruz's character.
    Which was true.
    I am still confused by some parts of the movie, but I suppose I will figure it out eventually.
    This movie really does raise some questions about the reality of dreams. I know that sometimes *I* have woken up from dreams still under the impression that they were real. Sorta like Aames . . . except that I open my eyes after a while.

By Antigone on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 10:53 pm:

Go see "Waking Life"

By sarah on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 04:55 pm:

i was only mildly intrigued by that movie. i guess i expected better. oh, but the lightswitch thing was cute.

By wisper on Saturday, December 22, 2001 - 05:52 pm:

EVERYONE go see waking life.

By Antigone on Sunday, December 23, 2001 - 01:39 am:

Just saw "Vanilla Sky"

Piece of shit.

Predictable, though there were some nice touches.

When the "surprise" ending did come, it was so drawn out and overdone that it ruined all of the nice stuff.

Go see "Waking Life" instead. :)

By dave. on Sunday, December 23, 2001 - 04:42 am:

fuck waking life. goddam piece of pretentious kaka. oooh dreamweaver, i believe we can reach the morning light. fly me away to the bright side of the moon. meet my slimy pucker on the other side.

By Antigone on Sunday, December 23, 2001 - 09:37 am:

You didn't like it because it was pretentious, dave? That should've made you feel right at home!

By dave. on Sunday, December 23, 2001 - 12:07 pm:

never saw it.

By dave. on Sunday, December 23, 2001 - 12:27 pm:

i just had dreamweaver in my head and it was really pissing me off.

By dave. on Sunday, December 23, 2001 - 12:29 pm:

big meanie.

By patrick on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 06:29 pm:

a friend scored a review copy of this movie.

I liked it. It was entertaining.

I tell you though, both the mrs. and I were tripped out by the Coltrane hologram. Can you imagine having enough bread to recreate...say a hollographic Stones concert in your living room????? Im sure there's plenty of people that could make this happen, especially in this town, but for what price.

The movie did make me ponder something.

Sometimes i get terribly frightened contemplating my unconcious and what kind of power it could have over me. If im in a particularly bad mood, i often stay away from the edge of my balcony, or the edge of the platform on the subway. The possibility of being overrun for a brief moment by my subconcious baffles me sometimes. What if...what if i lost control for a brief moment and did the unthinkable?

The movie prompted me to wonder about that.

Otherwise it was a decent movie. A good rental when it comes out.

By wisper on Friday, February 8, 2002 - 06:49 pm:

I just saw the Spanish film that Vanilla Sky is a
    re-make of, "Open Your Eyes". It's really good,
    probably better.

Mostly because you don't have to watch Tom
    Cruise, which i always find painfull.

he is not pretty. not not not.

By R.C. on Friday, February 8, 2002 - 07:37 pm:

No. But he is sexy. The crooked nose & the uneven teeth work for him.

Way too short for me tho'.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact