High Art

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: High Art
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Sabine on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 03:30 pm:

Liked this move alot.

By Sabine on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 03:31 pm:

oh,here is another good one "Requiem for a Dream"

By Nate on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 04:04 pm:

a lot. a lot.

two words.

please.

By Sabine on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:29 pm:

Nate, I understand you correcting me on my incorrect spelling of "a lot", but you forgot to mention my incorrect spelling of movie in the first post. So much for that...I was rather sleepy when I made the post originally. Does anyone really care?

By Nate on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:53 pm:

i thought you were talking about your move to sorabji.com.

elipses have spaces between them. . . .

no one cares.

By sarah on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 10:19 am:

By sarah on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 10:20 am:

By J on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 11:35 am:

I did read that yesterday and was totally freaked out,I assume that the child protective authorities will be looking into that as I'm sure at least one of those boys surely had to been molested by an adult or at least exposed to some sordid something.

By patrick on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 11:55 am:

J i was never molested, as far as I know anyway..who knows, maybe i have memories im not aware of. but oral sex at 9 is not so unusual. calling it "oral sex" applies an adult connotation to it which is weird, in this context.

i had all kinds of "oral sex" at 9, and even younger, i just didnt know it was called that, and I sure as hell didnt do it in the back of the classroom. Sheeeesh.

these kids were doing something thats pretty normal.

By J on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 12:20 pm:

Having oral sex in the class room is not normal,and you must have been some kid,cause when I was 9 or ten I had never even heard of oral sex much less practiced it.

By patrick on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 12:37 pm:

well i had never heard of "oral sex" either. That term is rather adult.

we called it "sucking" to be quite blunt.

doing it in the in the class, is not a matter normalcy, its rather a matter of stupidity i think.

They aren't doing anything thousands of other kids arent doing, they just did it in a really really really dumb place.

we had sanctuary in forts in the woods. and basement rec rooms.

and its a pretty well known that we are becoming sexualized at a much younger age. (thank you modern media)

you're what 20 years older than I, so its also a generation thing too.

By patrick on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 12:54 pm:

By eri on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 01:47 pm:

There isn't any generation gap between us Patrick. Not only had I not heard of oral sex at 9 or 10, I didn't have any clue about anything like it. Most kids I went to school with were still playing with barbie dolls and cabbage patch dolls. You were frowned upon by other kids if you so much as talked about kissing then. No sexuality of any kind came to be normal until Junior High School. Even then, if you french kissed a guy you were a major slut. It isn't necessarily a generational thing and at 9 or 10 is isn't necessarily normal. At 13 or 14 I would say every little boy whacks off, but even that is different.

By agatha on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 01:54 pm:

i used to run around naked with john vandersea at age nine or younger, and i was a total prude. i also used to make him let me in the bathroom so i could watch him pee standing up. damn, i was envious of that ability. still am, actually.

By patrick on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 02:01 pm:

sexual exploration as early as 5-6 is normal, be it just pulling down your pants with a few friends to just see what the hell is down there. Or girls and boys touching themselves, maybe not in forms as we know as masturbation, but one way or another.

"At 13 or 14 I would say every little boy whacks off, but even that is different."

so do girls.

girls in my neighborhood were just as "curious" as the boys. its not just localized to the male sex. common misinformation.

I can't really speak for your upbringing. knowing what i know now of you now, id dare to say that you probably grew up in an extremely repressive baptist environment, and you were potentially clueless about a lot of what went on. Its usually the seemingly innoncent places where the most scandelous of things happen.

By patrick on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 02:02 pm:

agatha there was a girl next door whom i used to have let me watch her pee, as i was at awe.

By patrick on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 02:06 pm:

further...its no wonder oral sex is the preferred sex amongst kids and adolescents. its what they heard for 2 years on the TV sets as the conservative fucknoodle right ring sought to impeach a prez for getting blown in the white house and lying about it.

blame ken starr

By eri on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 05:58 pm:

I am not saying that girls aren't as curious as boys. I was speaking of my personal experiences. As far as my "respressed baptist upbringing" boy are you off. My mother was the neighborhood slut. I spent my junior high years in Catholic School and didn't even go to a Baptist curch until I was 23. Religion was not a major part of my life growing up, and sexuality was discussed more often than I wanted it to be. I guess that is what happens when Daddy travels for work and you pretty much have to raise yourself. Sex is talked about often and drugs are used frequently.

By the way, Ken Starr wouldn't have had anything to say if Clinton didn't do it.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact