Oceans 11 (remake) and Mullholland Drive

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Oceans 11 (remake) and Mullholland Drive
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By patrick on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 05:43 pm:

I enjoyed Oceans 11. I have never seen the original but i love a good caper movie and this one was a great caper movie. All the actors did a fine job. No need to critique this as if its a product of the late great Kubrick or a Copolla film. Its just entertainment period.

Mullholland Drive was fantastic. Though the movie proceeded to loose me throughly after the Opera scene (which was without a doubt the movies peak) i think that was the point. To question or rather demonstrate the difference (or similarities) between whats real, and whats a dream. it also depicted some very real aspects about Los Angeles, visually and otherwise.

I admit the scene in which Rita and Betty start making out like mad threw me off as I did not see that coming. But im not one to complain about such blatent visual sex between women. No not at all. My wife thought that a bit gratuitious, but eh, shes a girl..blatent sexuality bores her.

By Dougie on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 - 06:18 pm:

I saw Behind Enemy Lines (what I wanted to get was Blackhawk Down but couldn't remember the name, thinking they were one and the same) but evidently they're not. Save your money on this one -- Gene Hackman can't save this piece of crap, and the Wilson brother (who has a nose that's really painful to look at) plays dodge the bullet the whole movie. He dodges many many many bullets, and has more lives than than the animal shelter I recently adopted cats from. Patriotic Hollywood claptrap.

I also saw Mulholland Drive, and loved it. I loved that opera part, especially when the woman sang that Linda Rondstadt song. What was it, Club Silencio or something like that? The murder scene was hysterical, where at first he tries to make it look like a suicide, then accidentally shoots that fat woman through the wall, then has to shoot the janitor because he witnessed him dragging her to the next room. Yeah, the lesbo scenes were an added little bonus. David Lynch is definitely one of a kind.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact