Catch Me If You Can

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Catch Me If You Can
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By sarah on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 06:57 pm:

i saw this yesterday, by myself. i took up three seats in the middle section, it was great.

the movie was fun. the best line was "You will serve the remainder of your 12-year prison sentence as a full time employee of the government of the United States." or something like that. i laughed my ass off, and thought, i'd probably rather stay in jail.

i never did get the whole IRS thing w/ his dad though. it must have been a bluff or something, or some kind of code.

By JusMiceElf on Sunday, December 29, 2002 - 09:58 pm:

We saw it at a matinee Christmas day, with all the other Jews in Cambridge. I thought it was a lot of fun, and wish there was an oscar for the best credits sequence. I thought the music was great, the story moved quickly, and Leo and Tom Hanks were well suited to their roles.

I figured that the IRS thing was that his dad was either not paying taxes or underpaying on his business, and just never was able to make it up.

The only problem we had was at one point the framing got messed up, and the top of the frame got cut off. Since they don't actually keep projectionists in the booths any longer, someone had to go out into the lobby to get someone to fix it. The upside was, we all got passes, so I've got a free movie coming up.

The crazy thing was, later in the day, we saw Standing in the Shadows of Motown at another theater, and the same damn thing happened with the projector. We didn't bother asking for passes, since that was at the local independant second run house, where it's too easy to sneak into a sccond movie once you're in. In fact, I suspect that the guy who slept through most of Standing in the Shadows had been there since it started snowing earlier in the day.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact