The Fast & The Furious

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: The Fast & The Furious
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By spunky on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 05:08 pm:

I saw the fast and the furious last night.
    Has anyone seen the second one yet???
    was it as good?
    same actors???

By Antigone on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 05:29 pm:

No Vin.

By spunky on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 05:48 pm:

that sucks.

By moonit on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 07:18 pm:

yeah. damn my boyfriend for not going in the second one.

By Platypus on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 03:07 am:

I loved how everyone in the theatre at the second one was paying absolutely NO attention to the movie. At all.

It was one massive make out/running commentary/giggling/general madness fun time, let me tell you.

By patrick on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 12:40 pm:

you actually went?

By moonit on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 08:28 pm:

I'm gonna go. I love cars. I think I'm really a bogan at heart.

By spunky on Thursday, June 12, 2003 - 10:12 pm:

i wanna see it

By wisper on Friday, June 13, 2003 - 07:07 pm:

you know why Vinny-boy didn't do the second one?
    because they offered him too much money. Seriously. I read this interview with him about it, and (unlike SO MANY actors.....so many many) (many)
    he didn't see the point of making a second one, and he turned down every offer they gave him because he doesn't care about the cash.

isn't he dreamy??

By moonit on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 02:24 am:

yep. he's damn dreamy.

By dave. on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 03:28 am:

he's a meathead.

his agent is smart (maybe).

it only means he'll get MORE money next time. maybe even for a better movie.

yeah, dreamy indeed.

i know, let's all pay to watch these guys' silly movies so they can live the good life in spite of us.

you realize he can cough up a loogie worth more than your annual income?

fucking silly.

By spunky on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 12:33 pm:

Sour grapes, dave

By dave. on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 01:30 pm:

big time.

By wisper on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 09:20 pm:

dude.
    Pitch Black is the only movie he's in that i even consider watchable. it's not his fault he's big right now, anyway. The way movies are he probably won't have a career at all in like 5 years.
    There just needs to be more big actors that turn down shit when they see it rather than make crap after action sequel crap to fill another swimming pool up with gold coins, Scroodge McDuck style.

see: Tom Cruise

By moonit on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 11:45 pm:

I just think his voice is dead sexy.

Although in xXx I swear he said 'Where's my penis?' in the plane. (Actually was 'Where's my peanuts?'

The baddie in xXx who played the russian, is a kiwi.

By eri on Saturday, June 14, 2003 - 11:49 pm:

I am so with you on that one. I get tired of seeing actors take roles on crappy sequels just so that they can make some bank. More actors need to turn down roles in crappy movies and then maybe there won't be as many crappy movies with big names and big bucks attached to them. Then again, maybe this is just a hopeless dream.

Pitch Black was a good movie for him, but basically the only one I can tolerate him in (so far). Hopefully he will be wise in what movies he picks in the future, and this game of money politics won't be as important. I doubt it, but it would be nice.

After all, they still make a ridiculous amount of money. If I could make what they do on one movie like this, I would be set for life.

My typing sucks tonight. I broke a nail :(

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact