Underworld

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Underworld
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 05:05 pm:

I haven't seen it yet, but I had to share this bit of a review I just read, the last line cracks me up:

"With his sepulchral voice and visage, the marvelous English actor Bill Nighy often makes a spooky impression—so it's good to see him finally play a lord of the undead! Other than Nighy, the only reason to see Underworld (directed by Len Wiseman, from a screenplay by Danny McBride) is to ogle bonny Kate, more mouth-watering in a caped black shiny vinyl catsuit than anyone in film (or human, or inhuman) history. Her diction doesn't suffer for those vampire teeth, either. As we Christopher Lee fans can attest, there's something hugely satisfying about seeing regal English snobs with perfect enunciation hiss through bared fangs while drooling blood. It clarifies so much about Great Britain's role in world history."

By Nate on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 05:20 pm:

i saw this today on the front page of wherever i ent to git the time for 'lost in translation'.

i'd never heard of it.

this is what happens when you dn't watch t.v. you lose trcak of moobies.

By semillama on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 05:38 pm:

it's Vampires vs. werewolves.

total matinee fodder.

By TBone on Friday, September 19, 2003 - 05:42 pm:

I know what you mean Naate.
    Der moobies dey slip me by.

By TBone on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 12:26 am:

...arr!

By Nate on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 01:29 am:

ARRR!

By Rowlf on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 06:40 pm:

my Comic Book Guy friend gives passing grades to every action movie, even the shitty ones like XXX, LXG, Matrix Reloaded and Daredevil, but he absolutely loathed this one. wow.

By spunky on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 02:36 am:

Eri and I just saw it.

Lets see,

The Matrix meets American Wherewolf in Paris, with Resident Evil and Ann Rice sprinkled in for fun.

I'm not going to tell you how it turns out, because there is a twist that was not too hard to figure out about the middle of it.

By wisper on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 12:00 pm:

but how WAS it?

By spunky on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 02:21 pm:

I really liked it.
    the end, of course, made it look like a sequel will be on it's way

By J on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 03:07 pm:

By V on Tuesday, January 3, 2006 - 01:38 pm:

...Underword,is,an endless saga,Vampire killing Werewolf,...a tad like me and jack...my cat ate 2 spiders today,both called jack. :)

By V on Tuesday, January 3, 2006 - 02:13 pm:

...jack will be off line for a while,he is being digested. :) but will re-incarnate,shortly.

By V on Tuesday, January 3, 2006 - 02:34 pm:

...but may need a spray of eau de toilette.

By Crit on Tuesday, January 3, 2006 - 08:16 pm:

you're right, it's fucking boring and painful to watch. A waste of time and energy for all involved.
    Just like Underworld.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact