Bubba Ho-tep

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Bubba Ho-tep
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By semillama on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 04:10 pm:

This was one of the best movies I've seen in a while. no, really, I'm being serious. Yes, it was corny and cheesy at times, but holy crap, Bruce Campbell is a really good actor! I mean, playing Elvis in a rest home? He nailed it. I don't mean so much the Elvis thing, but he nailed the frustration and loss of hope and will that occurrs in such places. It's hard to describe. Just go see this movie. It's definitely something that I am going to want to own on DVD.

I read a review somewhere that the world would be a much better place if Bruce Campbell got all the roles that went to Ben Affleck...

By Antigone on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 04:19 pm:

Yeah. That was a great flick.

By Spider on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 04:25 pm:

" world would be a much better place if Bruce Campbell got all the roles that went to Ben Affleck..."

That...is...brilliant.

By semillama on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 04:49 pm:

really, it would be. Campbell is the most underrated actor of our time.

By kazu on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 04:50 pm:

my brother met bruce campbell recently in chicago

By semillama on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 04:52 pm:

why aren't you on IM, durnit??

By kazu on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 04:54 pm:

do I know you?

By semillama on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 05:06 pm:

:((

By kazu on Monday, November 17, 2003 - 05:11 pm:

i be home a little before five o-'clock

By Gee on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 06:16 pm:

Hey, I was going to do this one.

I watched it last night on DVD, and while I found it to be really amusing, somehow it wasn't amusing enough to keep me from being really drowsy near the end. maybe I was just tired.

Bruce Campbell is Da Bomb. during the movie, my roommate turned to me and said "Does he really look like Elvis?" She was born one year after Elvis died.

tomorow I'm going to watch it again, but this time with the Elvis commentary turned on! wicked!

By kazu on Tuesday, June 8, 2004 - 02:47 pm:

I watched this last night too. Bruce Campbell was awesome, ossie davis was pretty good too. Certain parts were extremely well put together; such as the quick action stuff, something that could have been easily overdone and was not. Otherwise, the story was rather boring. It was definitely amusing at points, but not as much as I expected.

However, I would recommend it for Campbell's performance alone.

By Rowlfe on Tuesday, June 8, 2004 - 02:53 pm:

It was good. It had a more serious tone than I expected. Just good, leaning up. Nothing down to say about it, but it just didnt blow me away or anything

By kazu on Tuesday, June 8, 2004 - 03:01 pm:

At first I wasn't expecting such a serious tone but I was glad of that, but then it sort of dragged. I think I wanted the absurdity/humor to be just a tad sharper. Just a wee bit.

Or something.

There was a moment that really struck me and that is when JFK shows Elvis his candy collection. It was so cute.

If you watch the DVD watch the credits all the way through.

By spunky on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 02:33 am:

I just saw this.

Loved it!

Bruce was perfect.
    I hate Elvis, but go Ash!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact