The Passion

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: The Passion
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Angelonamission on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 02:50 pm:

Has anyone seen The Passion of Christ?

I went and saw this with my family and I have to admit...this was the best movie I have ever seen.
    I say that, because it made me very thankful for the things that I have in my life. So many times we take things for granted, wanting everything, but we fail to realize that Christ sacrifised His son, so that we could experience life. We all need to take a moment and be thankful for this life, even though at times it seems bitter and cold. Wake up every morning and thank God for the sunshine, the flowers, the birds and for the simple fact that we are loved.....Loved by Him, even though we fail at times. Love your neighbor, your enemies, but most of all...LOVE YOURSELF!!!

God Bless

By Antigone on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 04:16 pm:

Question for ya: Do you support the war in Iraq?

By Angelonamission on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 04:29 pm:

I have mixed emotions about it.

Why do you ask?

By Angelonamission on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 04:38 pm:

You know, even if I was for or against it, it's out of my hands.

We're all going to be judged one way or another.

By Antigone on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:13 pm:

Just asking. After I saw the Passion I was struck by the fact that, never in the entire movie, did Jesus strike back at those who were attacking him. In fact, he said to love your enemy, with a flashback to the Sermon on the Mount at the moment of his greatest suffering.

So when anyone says that they've watched the Passion, loved it, and accepted it's message I immediately ask them if they support the war. How could anyone who fully accepts the teachings of Jesus, especially those shown in the Passion, support the war?

By Angelonamission on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:20 pm:

I don't support the war, There's nothing I can
    do about it, cause it's going to happen whether I want it to, or not.

I just go about my life loving all that is around me, even if I don't get that love in return. I treat people the way that I want to be treated and that's in LOVE.

By Angelonamission on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:24 pm:

This whole journey that we're on, is for us to learn. No one is perfect, but if we try to respect all that is around us, we'll be blessed.

I think we're tested all the time, but it's up to us to get it right. No one said life was easy...that's for sure!

By Angelonamission on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:26 pm:

Blessings are coming your way!!

By semillama on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:48 pm:

I need a BEER.

By patrick on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 05:50 pm:

make that journey sem.

By Angelonamission on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 06:05 pm:

ME TOO!! Make mine a Bud Light...LOL!

By wisper on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 06:19 pm:

I fail to see how Jesus getting crucified was any different or more special than any of the other thousands of people who were crucified at the time, in the same manner.

This is why i thought the Passion was so dull.

By Antigone on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 06:48 pm:

I've got a similar take on it. To me the passion story is more powerful if you don't think Christ was divine. I mean, if you were the son of god and knew you would be resurrected, would you care about an afternoon of torture? Heck no! It'd be over soon, you could be all peaceful and magnanimous, and you'd ascend into heaven when it was done. But if you were just a regular joe it would be quite remarkable if you could take the torture and still be "chistlike."

By Angelonamission on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 06:54 pm:

Wow Antigone...I like your style!

It's not the same thing, but we all go through some kind of torture in our lives, and we still manage to go on. I've gone through some horrible things in my day, and yet, I still remain positive and strong....for my son. Is that because I have Christ in my life...YES!

Let's see if Wisper has anything negative to say about that!?

By Antigone on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 07:05 pm:

You like my style? Does that mean you don't think christ was the son of god?

By Just simple ole me on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 07:25 pm:

Of course I do! You had made a remark regarding being tortured but remaining "Christlike" and I thought that was a good comment to make. We should all remain strong, even if we go through "trials and tribulations" just as He did. That's all I was trying to say.

By Antigone on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 07:43 pm:

Maybe you missed my point.

If christ is divine, then his message doesn't have that much weight. So he was calm while being tortured. Big deal. He had the reward of being resurrected later.

But if he's not divine, then his acts have meaning. Being "christlike" without the reward and assurance of divinity is much more impressive.

By wisper on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:10 pm:

i have nothing negative to say about that.
    Good for you.
    I only think you should stop selling yourself and your own strengths short by attributing these things to Christ and his supposed love for you. It's a placebo.

It's like Dumbo and his magic feather.
    You did it all by yourself.

I also agree with anti.

By Just simple ole me on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:23 pm:

It's sounds like you don't believe in Christ.
    If not, that's okay, cause it's your choice. I'm not getting on anyone here, just stating my opinions and thoughts.

I know when I was going through some rough times in my life, there was no positive feedback from many people. I always just heard the words.."Oh, get over it!" Well, it would of been easier, had I had something different. I do try to live a good life and I try to look at the positive and not the negative, but that's just me. I'm not perfect, but I just want a better way of living.

I certainly didn't want to get anyone mad at me.
    I'm really not annoying...really! I'm just a simple person with simple needs.

By Rowlfe on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:40 pm:

...with simple answers to complex questions.

Okay I'm mean

I'm kidding....

kidding on the square.

By Antigone on Monday, May 10, 2004 - 08:45 pm:

I'm kidding on the hyper-icosahedron.

By semillama on Tuesday, May 11, 2004 - 11:36 am:

Kidding on the Square! RIGHT ON!

Wisper - the Dumbo analogy was fantastic. You're my short duration personal saviour for the moment.

Jesus is a good guy. I've never met him, but he does a fine job of running the Church offices down in Austin. He's sure got the Faith In "Bob"(or F.I.B) going!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact