Batman Begins

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Batman Begins
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Spider on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 09:28 am:

And I liked it. I was almost sad when he put the Batman costume on, because that injected silliness into what had been a serious and interesting movie. (Well, by action movie standards.)

Still, it was good. No one does grim like Christian Bale.

By Spider on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 09:33 am:

I forgot to say:

I also saw "Howl's Moving Castle," the Hayao Miyazaki film based on the novel by Diana Wynne Jones I read as a child. The plot was changed quite a bit, but it was still good....very well-animated and the anti-war message was welcome (and the fire-bombing scenes were eerie when you consider them in relation to WWII Japan).

And, wouldn't you know, Christian Bale does the voice of Howl, which surprised me because the American accent was flawless. His accent in Batman was also perfect.

And he's got really, really big muscles.

By kazu on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 11:05 am:

i love christian bale. have you seen the movie where he had to lose 60 pounds? i haven't. yet.

spider, send me a mailing address for you. i have a letter i wrote a while back and forgot to mail.

By wisper on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 01:56 pm:

The 60-pound loss movie is The Machinist, which we rented this week.
    As a movie, it's just okay. But he looks.....holy fuck. Holocaust sick. For the first 10 minutes i couldn't follow anything, just curled up in my chair feeling nauseous. I almost felt like i would cry.

It makes Tom Hanks at the end of Castaway look like a fat fuck. He has set the new standard for artistic suffering.

Does he still have an accent? I watched an interview where he didn't, but thought maybe he was one of those people who (Mel Gibson, Nicole Kidman used to) hide their accents even in the press. Why do they do that?? That's lame and uncalled for, but would explain why he seems to have trouble screaming or yelling words coherently.

Anyway, my point is that if he DOES still have an accent, and he lost all that weight, this guy is something really special. Not just the pretty boy the media will hound him for.

Batman- good. I love his Bruce Wayne, his "ha ha HAHAH! I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! I'm buying this hotel, I guess! I'm pretending to be rich and doing a really bad job! For the love of god help me!"

I want to eat him, he can play so evil.

By Spider on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 08:51 am:

He does still have his own accent -- from imdb.com:

In the "Fresh Air with Terry Gross" radio interview first aired June 13, 2005, he admitted to Gross that because Batman is "such an American icon," he had decided not to perform his promotional interviews for the movie Batman Begins (2005) in his natural mixed Welsh/British accent. He instead spoke to Gross in an almost-inflectionless mid-American accent, only revealing his dialectic roots with a few words.

I have a promotional postcard for "the Machinist" on my refridgerator, but I've never seen it....I'd better see if I can find it soon before I go back home, I guess.

Kazu, will do.

By Umair bin hanafi on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 03:37 am:

assalammualaikum.

By droopy on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 01:18 pm:

shalom aleichem

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact