Silent hill

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Silent hill
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Justin Oughtred on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 04:48 pm:

this movie was horse shit.. i was kinda drunk and it did not make sense...

By Dougie on Thursday, May 4, 2006 - 04:12 pm:

I agree, and I wasn't even kinda drunk. Save your money on this one.

By spunky on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 11:39 pm:

I loved it, of course.

By Dougie on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 11:21 am:

I should have known better than to see a movie based on a video game.

By eri on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 07:58 pm:

And Spunky doesn't understand why I don't want to see it. I didn't even like the video game, so why would I like the movie? It's all his.

By wisper on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 08:51 pm:

The movie made me wish the game was more fun to play :(
    They are beautiful games, but take too damn long and are very slow. Of course this is all part of the ambiance, but i've been a resident of San Andreas for too long and so i'm used to blowing up planes and stabbing passers-by at will.

By eri on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 09:03 pm:

Frankly the game gave me the heebie jeebies. Watching Spunky play it just fucked with my head for some reason (which I still can't figure out) but our 7 year old loves it......

By spunky on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 09:09 pm:

I love the games. My favorite is the first one.

Wisper, you really should control your urge to stab passers-by at will, that could lead to a very bad habit...

By wisper on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 09:25 pm:

Ah, the stabbings.
    I've spent whole afternoons just stabbing the poor pedestrians or beating them to death with a fire extinguisher....then taking pictures. The chainsaw always creates a nice pile of bodies, and (my favorite part) once the ambulance arrives you cut up the paramedics too.
    Then i go and eat some tacos and buy a new outfit.
    Oh Rockstar Games, i love you <3

By Antigone on Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 11:16 pm:

You know what game will fuck with your head to see other people play?

Manhunt

Watching someone make the guy chop off someone's head, then say, "That was fuckin' cool..." is just w.r.o.n.g.

By wisper on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 04:04 am:

Sure... but can you drive around, get a hooker, use the hooker, pay the hooker, and then back over the hooker a few times with your car to get your money back?
    Take a flame thrower to a crowded bus station?
    Beat your girlfriend to death with a baseball bat?? (I'm no good at dating)
    Plow down anyone in your way with a wheat thresher???

All this while learning L.A. landmarks :D

By spunky on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 07:57 am:

I've wondered about Manhunt.

I have never really gotten into GTA.
    I tried the first one and it kind of bored me.
    Have you all tried any of the Fatal Frames?

I like the survival horror over the third person shooters any day. (Resident Evil is more a third person shooter then a survival horror in my opinion).

By Antigone on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 02:16 pm:

I'm not much into games these days. Last I played was "Half-Life 2," and before that "(Jedi) Knights of the Old Republic." (In the span of about 5 years.) I'm at a computer about 12 hours a day anyway, so I try to get entertainment from other sources.

By TBone on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 04:55 pm:

The only games I play these days are Lumines and the Katamari games. Oh, and I need to finish up Kingdom Hearts 2 one of these days.

I'm not big on games that mirror reality. I like moving colorful musical blocks, rolling all of existence into a ball, and hitting "nobodies" with a giant key. (respectively)

By moonit on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 04:57 pm:

Manhunt is banned in this country. Thank god for our ex-idiot friend who travelled to the states and bought it home for andrew. If he had been caught it was like a $5k fine or something ridiculous.

By TBone on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 04:59 pm:

...because I kill people about 12 hours a day anyway, so I try to get entertainment from other sources.

By TBone on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 05:01 pm:

Moonit, that's crazy. With laws like that, you might as well actually go on a killing spree. You'd save money.

By moonit on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 07:19 pm:

oh yeah banned games. thank god for the interweb. and rufus.

Hmph ex-idiot friend - idiot-exfriend.

By sarah on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 10:30 pm:

sorry to interrupt. TBone, i have a music recommendation. go see MOFRO at The Other Side - they're playing there on the 23rd of this month.

as you were.

By Spider on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 10:55 pm:

Uh...I've almost beaten Knights of the Old Republic II.

FPSs just don't do anything for me. I played Halo 2 with
    my brother the other day....so unsatisfying. First of all,
    there's no sense of (what's the word I want) endeavor.
    Problem solving. You don't really work for anything,
    you just fire away. Secondively, when you're playing
    Halo 2 with two people, the screen's all funky and it's
    impossible for me to get my bearings because I feel like
    I've got blinders on. I - can't - see - anything. So the
    whole time, I'm concentrating on orienting myself and
    figuring out where the other player character is in
    relation to mine and which way is up and how do I
    swing around to find that...monster thing...behind me,
    and I can't see the weapons on the ground, and

Man, I'm old.

On the other hand, open-ended RPGs like Morrowind
    strike me as a colossal waste of time. I played that
    game for, like, 15 hours before I realized how utterly
    pointless it was. I guess you can say that for all video
    games, but, shoot, Morrowind actively made me want to
    read a book instead.

By spunky on Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 11:16 pm:

"Hmph ex-idiot friend - idiot-exfriend."

I was wondering about that. I trying to figure out if he used to be an idiot or used to be a friend or what...

I cannot understand things like Everquest.

The name says it all. Ever questing does not sound like fun to me, I want the damned quest to end sometime!

By TBone on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 12:56 am:

Sarah, I can't make it. I'll be out of town. Out of the country, even. But I'll see if they're in the coming-to-town file at the radio station and check out their music. Thanks for the recommendation.

By moonit on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 01:06 am:

I love the Exile series by spiderweb games. I know its basic, but I haven't clocked the fuckers yet.

Shoot em ups give me bad motion sickness.

I like Sim games, I'm addicted to Sims 2, I love fucking with peoples lives.

By sarah on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 04:32 pm:

where you going?

By wisper on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 07:48 pm:

GTA has become so open-ended it's very similar to The Sims, but if the Sims were early 90's gang members in Los Angeles.

I love Carl, I understand Carl. Carl needs the same things that i need- money, a house, food, exersise, sleep, new clothes, and a motherfucking rocket launcher.
    Not like those other RPGs. Mythril shards? The fuck is that?

By TBone on Thursday, September 14, 2006 - 09:49 pm:

Yeah, the mythril shards get old.

I've actually been pretty tempted to pick up one of the recent GTAs.

Going to Vancouver. Anniversary's the 24th.

By Dr Pepper on Sunday, March 30, 2008 - 02:30 pm:

They ought remake that movie.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact