Dark Knight (spoilers)

sorabji.com: Last movie you saw: Dark Knight (spoilers)
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Nate on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 05:56 pm:

I'm about to talk about things that happen in the movie, so if you haven't seen it yet, stop reading.

So, why the hell would they kill off Two-Face?

By platypus on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 08:50 pm:

I was wondering about that!

It seems like that would have been the ideal set up for a sequel, so it's weird that they just killed him off and didn't really develop or explore that character at all.

By kazu on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 09:05 pm:

Did you see Gordon or anyone bury the body?

By kazu on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 10:20 pm:

And I don't actually believe that Two Face is
    still alive, I'm just saying.

By semillama on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 06:00 pm:

They imply he died, but nothing about the body shown in the film implied certain death. Maybe he's in a coma or something. who knows?

I agree that killing him off doesn't make a lot of sense, since he'd be a great key villain for the next film. If Nolan doesn't plan on using Two-Face or the Joker again, the range of bat-villains gets a little thin, although Hush would be a pretty good choice and would fit in well with the direction Nolan is taking this series of films.

By beta on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 06:18 pm:

Hush would be a great next step- or Bane done correctly (and then we could a little more scarecrow action from Cillian Murphy) but I think once you get past the origin story Two-Face is little more than a mobster with a schtick- I'm pretty ok with killing him off.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact