'Willow'- sick, disturbing horro or cinema's finest hour???

sorabji.com: Worst movie you ever saw: 'Willow'- sick, disturbing horro or cinema's finest hour???
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By L on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 02:38 pm:

Hmmmmm- a general sort of question really. Unlike most of the messages posted here in sorabji i do not wish to psycho analyse the director or venture inside the 'genius' mind that first conceived such a vision. I merely wish to ask of you 3 question:
    1. On a scale of 1-10- where 1 is not at all and 10 is completely and utterly- how disturbing did you truly find this film, which follows a group of dwarfs with severe speech impediments on a journey through a land of sexually frustrated fairies to deliver a freakishly evil baby to someone with various horn protrusions?
    2.Would you be offended if the person you were watching with could not help but laugh at the various waddlings and facial expressions exhibited by the dwarfs?
    3. Would any of you ever consider buying Willow on video to ensure long term veiwing of this classic?

oh yeah- and if you could answer the basic, sick and disturbing or a film of unimaginable vision and creative genius, question it would be appreciated:]
    lolololololololololol- haha thanks

By L on Monday, January 17, 2000 - 02:40 pm:

OK- THAT WAS MEANT TO SAY HORROR :]- I COULDN'T BE FUCKED TO CHECK IT, AND VIEWING IS WRONG TOO- SORRY !!!!!

By Grounded on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 03:59 am:

oh my god, yep- it is so twisted - the first time i saw it i was fucking killing myself laughing. it's such a good movie to watch if your bored or depressed because it's so hillarious it has to cheer you up. it's like they've just written a crap script to provide an excuse to put weird midgets on the screen.,
    a must see

By Iopio on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 08:32 am:

don't listen to bweasle

By cyst on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 09:57 am:

"freaks" is a really good midget movie.

By J on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 10:04 am:

That was,I saw that the first time on acid,had to see it again when I was "normal" just to get a grip.

By L on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 03:32 pm:

ok neither of you answered the goddamn questions !!!!!!!! not vvvv. helpful- we're trying to see whether we are just sick for finding this movie bloody hillarious

By Margret on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 03:41 pm:

That movie kicks serious ass.

There are pixies doing a Bob and Doug schtick.

There is Val Killmer playing Madmartigan.

Who DOESN'T love that fucking movie?

I'm not sick.

By J on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 03:49 pm:

I,m not sick I,m just not well.

By mistaswine on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 03:55 pm:

"blood-sucking freaks" is a better midget movie.

well, actually there's only one midget in it.

but he gets sadomasochistic with undead zombie chicks and recieves fellatio from a severed head.

can't beat that for the money.

i also suggest "children shouldn't play with dead things".

classic b-movie horror.

you sick fuck.

By Patrick on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 04:05 pm:

By semillama on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 09:01 pm:

ok, I need to see that.

I need to go and rent "willow" because I don't remember it being funny. Obviously I missed something, but I also saw it when it first came out, a while back, and my twisted sense of humor hadn't fully blossomed yet.

By J on Tuesday, January 18, 2000 - 11:50 pm:

I just remembered "Time Bandits"midgets galore

By Gee on Wednesday, January 19, 2000 - 04:09 am:

I remember The Wizard. he was not a movie, he was a person. I was fond of him.

By NZAngel on Friday, January 21, 2000 - 10:47 pm:

I loved Willow, but mostly because I saw it when I was in the USA and it made me homesick (lots of it was filmed in NZ - unmistakable scenery).

I'm with Margret on this one.

BTW, The Wizard lives in Chch, spouting forth nonsense in the Square at lunchtimes. He stopped casting rain spells when his record was 3 out of 3. Even the skeptics society was impressed.

By Land C on Saturday, January 22, 2000 - 09:13 am:

Hmmmm no one answered the goddamn questions- interesting. am i to take it that it was just soo disturbing you all can't bear to talk about it much lolol

By Gee on Saturday, January 22, 2000 - 03:09 pm:

You must be thinking of a different Wizard. the one I'm thinking of was a little Person/midget whatever you want to say. He used to have a tv show...I can't remember what it was about. Now he's dead. I rememeber because my brother used to ask if we should mail his family a matchbox to use for his coffen. cruel.

By Margret on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 09:14 am:

Billy Bart.

He was in Time Bandits.

And I answered the question, pull your hyperbolic cranium out of your constipated rectum.

By J on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 09:58 am:

By JusMiceElf on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 12:40 pm:

Speaking of little people, did any of you all read Maybe the Moon by Armistead Maupin? It's allegedly based loosely on the life of the person who was inside the ET costume. It's a very fun, although sad in parts, book, about a woman who is a dwarf who has big dreams for herself.

Not to be confused with Lagerkvist, which I'm still in the middle of rereading.

By Rhiannon on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 12:50 pm:

Tell me when you're done so we can talk about it. Though I just re-read "The Princess, the Dwarf, and the Dungeon" by S. Millhauser (which I said it had reminded me of), so I may get a little confused.

Droopy, if you're reading this, I finished "End of the Affair" in December, but I forgot to tell you.

By JusMicePneumoniacElf on Monday, January 24, 2000 - 01:12 pm:

I will. I've been sick lately, and just reread Susan Cooper's Dark is Rising series (pure comfort reading--I read these as a kid and loved them).

I've never been a big fan of Stephen Millhauser. I read some of his short stories once. Millhauser is a family name on my dad's side, but I don't think that we're related; my grandmother's cousin tried to call SM once, and talked to his sister.

By BLAKESNAKE on Tuesday, March 14, 2000 - 12:05 am:

WHAT ABOUT THE UMPA LUMPA'S ON WILLY WONKA'S CHOCOLATE FACTOR- THEY WERE THE SHIT. ON ACID OR NOT.

By BLAKESNAKE on Tuesday, March 14, 2000 - 12:10 am:

I THINK 'WILLOW' WAS A RATHER CREATIVE MOVIE AND DESERVES CREDIT. I HAVE IT IN MY COLLECTION AS A MATTER OF FACT I FOUND IT A FEW DAYS AGO IN MY CLOSET. I EVEN HAVE THE OLD NINTENDO GAME OF THAT SHIT.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact