Showgirls

sorabji.com: Worst movie you ever saw: Showgirls
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By Sharron on Friday, January 30, 1998 - 02:29 am:
    Without a doubt, the worst movie I've ever seen. It's so bad that it's brilliant. Showgirls could very well be the Rocky Horror Picture Show for the Nineties.

By Amanda on Friday, January 30, 1998 - 03:29 pm:
    are you serious??
    how is it brilliant? in the fact that every part of it is awfull?

if it's brillaint to be awfull..then
    i've been too hard on myself..

By Stilgar on Friday, January 30, 1998 - 07:39 pm:
    Me too.

By Sorabji on Sunday, February 1, 1998 - 10:57 pm:
    i saw what little i could stand to watch of this on HBO the other night. it's rare that i feel embarrassed to be watching something when i am sitting at home by myself, but i could not believe i had let this crap into my apartment. oh, the shame.

but, i've seen things which were so bad that they were almost half-decent in and of themselves. B-movies and the like. Susan Sontag wrote a fabulous piece once about Kitsch. stuff that tries so hard to be the genuine article but only founders in its own excess.

I don't know if Showgirls is even at that level. it's in some never-never land between garbage and stupidity.

By Skottey on Sunday, June 21, 1998 - 11:11 am:
    Isn't that the one with that little slut from "saved by the bell" Elizabeth something?
    I always hated that bitch on that show, and I still hate her now. If that is the same movie, oh yeh, I think it is I have seen part of it, I get this movie confused with Strip Tease starring that other whore Demi Moore.

By Skottey on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 08:04 am:
    Update- I have been getting a lot of shitty feedback from you people concerning my last comment that states Demi Moore is a whore. She is, in fact, a whore, she and Bruce Willis are getting divorced because she keeps cheating on him and he is finally tired of it. The last guy Bruce found out Demi was with is Brad Pitt. HaHa. I would consider her to be a whore, your opinions on that?

By PetRock on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 01:24 pm:
    Doesn't that make Brad Pitt a whore too? Or can only women be whores? I've never understood that....

By Skottey on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 03:05 pm:
    I don't know if Brad Pitt is a whore or not, you be the judge. Yes, men to can be labled as a whore, Woody Alan could be considered a whore, or maybe just a child molestor. haha

By Chordata on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 04:12 pm:
    i thought a whore was defined as an individual receiving payment for sexual favors.

demi moore doesn't need anyone's money.

i think perhaps we should be a little more concerned about our lives, rather than worrying about some tabloid hype about some glorified people who we see when we pay $8 for 2 hours of their cinema.

By Skottey on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 07:53 pm:
    A prostitute is somebody having sex for money. Some people call Prostitutes whores.
    I am not going by what the tabloids say, I don't read that shit. It just so happens that I hear about Demi Moore fucking around everytime I turn on the news radio. I have never paid to see a Demi Moore movie and never will.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 10:03 pm:
    Skottey, the "news media" also constantly reports that Elvis is alive and well and living on Mars with JFK. Believe that too?

By Skottey on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 10:12 pm:
    Jim, everybody knows that Elvis is frozen and stored next to Walt Disney underneath the Pirates of the Caribbean ride in Disneyland.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, June 25, 1998 - 10:39 pm:
    hehehehe

By Chordata on Friday, June 26, 1998 - 05:07 am:
    to what 'news radio' are you listening?
    it sure are hell isn't npr.

never mind.

By Chordata on Friday, June 26, 1998 - 05:07 am:
    to what 'news radio' are you listening?
    it sure are hell isn't npr.

never mind.

By Sheila on Friday, June 26, 1998 - 10:30 am:
    Susan Sontag called it Camp, as i recall. if there is another essay re Kitsch, a different one, i want to know. S. Sontag is one of my faves.

By Skottey on Friday, June 26, 1998 - 02:10 pm:
    Sheila, you are confusing me, what are you trying to say?

By Sheila on Friday, June 26, 1998 - 05:48 pm:
    i was referring to sorabji's posting last february. he knows what i am trying to say.

By Bill on Friday, June 26, 1998 - 07:56 pm:
    this movie was exellent, i don't understand what was wrong with it.

By Kweena D. Nyal on Monday, July 6, 1998 - 12:33 pm:
    Elizabth Berkley was simply brilliant in this movie
    her acting was impeccable, her presence devine.

By -oDDBALL oDD- on Tuesday, July 7, 1998 - 11:19 pm:
    I got very horney. The movie sucked.

Ms. Berkeley makes my pecker VERY LARGE AND HARD.
    Gotta tell ya, boys and girls, I wanna screw her.

If this offends your tender sensibilities,
    WHY?????

By -oDDBALL oDD- on Tuesday, July 7, 1998 - 11:19 pm:
    I got very horney. The movie sucked.

Ms. Berkeley makes my pecker VERY LARGE AND HARD.
    Gotta tell ya, boys and girls, I wanna screw her.

If this offends your tender sensibilities,
    WHY?????

By Dongus on Saturday, August 1, 1998 - 12:43 am:
    Hey, if this isn't the worst movie I have ever seen, it ranks up there. Kudos to the one who thought this one up. You must have at least decent taste to suggest that this piece of shit rank in the top ranks, if you know what I mean.

By Lucy Phurre on Friday, December 11, 1998 - 03:47 pm:

Actually, Camp is deliberate tackiness, Kitsch is accidental.

By 187 on Wednesday, April 18, 2001 - 11:15 pm:

I've never seen showgrils but my homeboy says that the movie is good. Should I see the movie.

By 188 on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 11:42 am:

DEFINITLY

By 189 on Thursday, April 19, 2001 - 11:42 am:

DEFINITELY

(idiot)

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact