Some of CarrieAnn's favorites

sorabji.com: Best movie you ever saw: Some of CarrieAnn's favorites
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).
By CarrieAnn on Friday, April 24, 1998 - 10:01 am:
    Well after posting that Breakfast At Tiffany's one, I decided I'd just follow the lead and post a general one w/a cpl of my fav's.

In no particular order, but some of my *top* picks.....
    (all catagories... drama, musicals, comedy, horror, sci-fi etc)

*A Clockwork Orange
    *A Fish Called Wanda
    **An Officer & A Gentleman
    **Breakfast At Tiffany's
    *Chasing Amy
    *Cocktail
    **Dirty Dancing
    *Empire Records
    **Forrest Gump
    **Grease
    **Reservoir Dogs
    *Romeo & Juliet
    **Say Anything
    **Titanic
    **The Breakfast Club
    *The Secret Garden

I put ** stars next to the ones that are esp. good, imho. Those are just a choice sample of the ones I could think of at 7am. :) Be back with more later if I think of them.

By Gene Shallit on Friday, April 24, 1998 - 10:16 am:
    COCKTAIL????????

By CarrieAnn on Friday, April 24, 1998 - 10:18 am:
    Okay, I'm back.. I knew I'd forget a couple!

**Dead Poet's Society
    **City Of Lost Children
    *Good Will Hunting
    *12 Monkies
    *The Full Monthy
    (these next 3 show my luv for jeanine garafolo - she's great! we have such the same attitude, it seems heh. ;p )
    *Matchmaker
    *Truth About Cats & Dogs
    *Reality Bites

By CarrieAnn on Friday, April 24, 1998 - 10:20 am:
    Does this excite you to no end, or do I sense some negativity towards mister cruise here? *grin*

By Wayne Butane on Friday, April 24, 1998 - 07:42 pm:
    I like Janeane Garofalo too, but her movie suck. So far she has yet to find a film worthy of her talents. But keep trying, Janeane!

By CarrieAnn on Sunday, April 26, 1998 - 06:49 am:
    Well, I'm not sure I would use that word choice *grin* but yeah, I suppose for her talents, they could've been a tad better. She's still an awesome actress/comedian and I'd love to see her do more!

By DARRIN on Friday, July 17, 1998 - 04:07 pm:
    Carrie Ann, where are the classics!?heh Why must you limit yourself to the 80s & 90s!? While most of your selections may have been enjoyable to watch, they are hardly considered GEMS!heh e.g. With the exception of A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, your remaining choices never made it into AFI'S TOP 100 list!hehhh Have you ever seen GONE WITH THE WIND, CITIZEN KANE, ON THE WATERFRONT, REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE, MIDNIGHT COWBOY, FROM HERE TO ETERNITY, etc!? Now those films are brilliant!! All of which were included into the AFI'S TOP 100 FILMS OF ALL TIME!! We seem to have lost the glamour and allure that TINSELTOWN once had. Unfortunately, most actors and filmmakers of today are concerned with one thing. REVENUES! Which is why we now have twice as many films being made today than had existed just 10 years ago. And 90% of them are GARBAGE!

By Carrie Ann on Friday, July 17, 1998 - 05:45 pm:
    *sits and drools*... why, why n-no mister Darrin, sir.. I s-sure haven't seen them thar movies.

Heh, *shrug* I have seen a great deal of the movies on the AFI's top 100 list and I did leave some off of here. I could have easily gone on from where I left off, but chose not to take up THAT much bandwith. ;) And after looking back over my list, I think I added a couple I -liked-.. not really my faves.

I have been in acting/the arts since I was 9 and have always appreciated the classics and have -too- felt that we've lost sight on those great films of yesteryear. So I can see what you're saying, Darrin. And I feel that now it's just a matter of how quickly the writers can pump out scripts to make some extra $$ and in the process of it all, the quality suffers dearly.

*nod* A Clockwork Orange was brilliant; twisted, off the wall and disturbingly educational... "How's about a little bit of the ultra violence..?"

By DARRIN on Friday, July 17, 1998 - 08:18 pm:
    Carrie Ann, A CLOCKWORK ORANGE pales in comparison to my wackyness!heh Remember the famous scene...I'm singing in the rain, just singin' in the rain..KICK!hehh
    A thespian!?heh Oh my! Would we be familiar with your RESUME!? Carrie, don't get me wrong. I too enjoy a good majority of those films from the 70s & 80s. But they are far and few when compared to their predecessors. e.g. OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN was a splendid film. Probably one of RICHARD GERE'S best performances. Especially when he seems to be miscast in 80% of the films that he appears in. And as you know, OFFICER won for best supporting actor. (LOUIS GOSSETT JR.) Have you seen GERE in the remake to the 1959 film BREATHLESS!?heh While the film did miserable, GERE gave a KINETIC & FLAKY performance. Carrie Ann, you...leave...me.... B-R-E-A-T-H-L-E-S-S!bahahahaha And I know why CARRIE enjoys RICHARD GERE. He appears nude in every film!heh

By Carrie Ann on Friday, July 17, 1998 - 09:14 pm:
    Hah, yeah and now every time I hear that song, I have this sick image burned into my brain of that scene. :P

My Resume consists of nothing more than a gob of One acts, Musicals and other short skits done while I was still in school. Sorry. However, I am moving now and will be going to a school for the performing arts (Cornish - in Seattle, WA) and who knows, maybe I'll come back and be able to say differently. Then you can all say you knew me when.

Actually no, (well not entirely *wicked grin*) that's not quite why I enjoy him. He's one of those people who looks like he's ALWAYS smiling. Those laugh lines around his eyes, just brighten up his whole face. I've noticed that about a couple other actors. (Gerald Mcraney - I know I didn't spell that right, heh. He's another one.) It's just appealing and kind of draws me to them.

Let me just say that after I saw An Officer & A Gentleman for the first time, I was hooked. Not only did I watch it every couple days for awhile, but I vowed from that point on that I WOULD marry a man in uniform. (We're talking Army/Navy/Air Force/Marines ... not McDonald's/Chippendale's/Safeway/UPS ... although I've had some pretty hot 1st class deliveries from those UPS boys. *giggle*) It was even more awesome because I used to camp where it was filmed. (Ft. Worden)

But my ALL TIME fave movie will forever remain "Breakfast At Tiffany's" I just ADORE Audrey Hepburn. She was an amazing, very talent and beautiful woman. My idol :)

By DARRIN on Friday, July 17, 1998 - 09:50 pm:
    CARRIE ANN, most women go ga-ga for MEN IN UNIFORMS or MUSICIANS!! Mark off a YES for the latter!heh I'm a guitarist amongst many other things!heh As for RICHARD GERE!? He excells in those REBELLIOUS type roles. Believe it or not, you touched on a good point. For some reason, when GERE tries to evoke sadness, it appears as if he is JUBILANT!hehehh Could that be the markings of a bad actor!?eh e.g. Watch INTERSECTION or the scene from OFFICER when he is crying and pleading with GOSSETT JR., not to have him expelled. As for MCCRANEY!? Is he still married to fatso DELTA BURKE!?heheh And why am I always incapable of remembering one of his original shows!? Did he star in SIMON & SIMON or was it RIPTIDE!?heh I always confuse the two!heh So, is it fair to assume that acting is merely a HOBBY!? Carrie, I wish you luck in SEATTLE, but in all honesty, you may have a hard time finding success if you do not study in NY or LOS ANGELES. Not only CRAFT WISE but in obtaining ROLES. e.g. THE ACTORS STUDIO ring a bell!? Some of the greatest actors of all time have studied at THE STUDIO in NYC. From BRANDO to DE NIRO, DEAN to DUSTIN, it's become a milestone in THESPIAN HISTORY. Plus, there is plenty of work to be found in NYC alone. From COMMERCIALS to SOAPS, VOICE OVERS, FILMS, etc. NY is fastly becoming the second home of hollywood. And once STEVEN SPEILBERG starts his STUDIO PROJECT on LONG ISLAND, it may very well surpass L.A. As it stands, NY has ASTORIA STUDIOS! And as you may very well know, there have been hoardes of films which have been shot entirely on location in NYC! MIDNIGHT COWBOY being one such landmark film. Can the same be said about SEATTLE!? Think about the above before you decide to schlep out to Seattle,WA!heh

By Carrie Ann on Saturday, July 18, 1998 - 02:04 am:
    Not sure if he's still married to "fatso Delta Burke" as you so heart warmingly referred to her.. ;p Last I heard he was though. He was in Simon & Simon, Designing Women, and a more recent show that I can't remember the name of at this point in time.

Well thanks for the wishes, but I'm not moving to Seattle for that purpose. I live only 40 miles South right now and have planned to move there for the past 2 years. I'm moving there because I like the scene, the people, I have a lot of friends there, my boyfriend already lives/works there and it's a change w/o venturing too far away from the places I love. I could never live anywhere else and truly feel at "home." But I would love to live in NY for awhile & if things work out, maybe it'll happen.

But I appreciate the advice about that. :) I plan to get some training in it here (acting/music - and Seattle actually IS a good place to get started with music, which is partially what I want to do. I have also been involved in that from gosh, age 4 if you wanna go way back.) and then travel elsewhere to further my experience. As for films in Seattle, you'd probably be surprised at how many actually were shot here or in the surrounding region. (ie: Sleepless In Seattle, Fear, Prefontaine, Hand That Rocks The Cradle, Say Anything, The 6th Man, Mad Love...)

By Nelly on Saturday, July 18, 1998 - 10:54 am:
    Gerald McRaney was in Major Dad, which i used to watch every week. It was an odd little show. The kids were cute.

By DARRIN on Saturday, July 18, 1998 - 10:27 pm:
    Carrie Ann, Seattle is only good for one thing! FLANNEL!hehhehehe Well, you know best, so I hope everything works out to your advantage. BTW:You left out SINGLES which was one of the more famous seattle based films. And NELLY, thanks for reminding us of MCRRANEY'S other TV projects. "Oh nelly".... Don't ya just love that expression!?heheheh
    P.S. Carrie, is there an email address where you can be reached in the event that the moderator of this bbs decides to BLOCK OUT my PROVIDER!? I ask because I'd hate to lose touch with my FEMALE COUNTERPART!heheheh

By DARRIN on Saturday, July 18, 1998 - 10:29 pm:
    Carrie Ann, Seattle is only good for one thing! FLANNEL!hehhehehe Well, you know best, so I hope everything works out to your advantage. BTW:You left out SINGLES which was one of the more famous seattle based films. And NELLY, thanks for reminding us of MCRRANEY'S other TV projects. "Oh nelly".... Don't ya just love that expression!?heheheh
    P.S. Carrie, is there an email address where you can be reached in the event that the moderator of this bbs decides to BLOCK OUT my PROVIDER!? I ask because I'd hate to lose touch with my FEMALE COUNTERPART!heheheh

By Poem on Wednesday, August 5, 1998 - 06:18 am:
    I really cannot figure out how one person can love Clockwork Orange/ Reservoir Dogs and Coctail/Dirty Dancing stuff at the same time. It is strange. Really.

By Carrie Ann on Wednesday, August 5, 1998 - 06:50 pm:
    *Nod* As am I. :) I choose not to limit myself.. same goes for music styles. I love it all. It just depends on the song, really. And as for movies, I can look at it from different viewpoints and see something that others may overlook, which makes it good. *shrug*

Dammit, I didn't get a chance to get my email address to DARRIN in time. I was actually thinking the same. He was an *ahem* interesting character. Heh. To say the least. Well, if by chance he should come back.... I can be reached at carrieann@leblanc.org

And flannel for Seattle? C'mon now.. that was so 4 years ago. *grin* Kinda like when I was at Warped Tour and the lead singer or Rancid yells, "ok, so who here loves grunge!?!" *Silence*.... hah, gotta love stereotypes that don't die out too quickly. ;p

By Myself is identified on Sunday, April 15, 2001 - 04:51 pm:

fuck you

By Jacques chirac on Sunday, April 15, 2001 - 04:52 pm:

vous me faites marrer les ricains!!!!!!

By Eminem_Criminal on Friday, April 20, 2001 - 04:17 pm:

OK THE BEST FILMS EVER... HAVE TO BE...

OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN..
    PRETTY WOMAN
    FOOLS RUSH IN
    FACE OFF
    CITY OF ANGELS
    LEATHAL WEAPON SERIES..

I JUST HAD TO GET THAT ALL OF MY CHEST... IM A HUGE RICHARD GERE FAN... NOT TO MENTION NICHOLAS CAGE!!!!

By Nate on Friday, April 20, 2001 - 06:05 pm:

OK BUT RICHARD GERE BLEW A GERBIL UP HIS ASS WITH A VACUUM CLEANER ON REVERSE. THATS KIND OF NASTY. I HEAR THEY CUT THEIR PAWS OFF AND TAPE THEIR MOUTHS SHUT. DON'T CRAP UNTIL THEY STOP TWITCHING.

By J on Saturday, April 21, 2001 - 01:43 am:

GOD, GIVE ME STRENGHTH!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact