THE COOLIST MOVIE I EVER SAW.

sorabji.com: Best movie you ever saw: THE COOLIST MOVIE I EVER SAW.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By SUSAN NICHOLSON on Tuesday, January 19, 1999 - 12:49 am:

THE COOLEST MOVIE I EVER SAW WAS "PRACTICAL MAGIC"
    SANDRA BULLOCK AND NICOLE KIDMAN WERE GREAT &
    STOCARD CHANNING AND DIANNE WEIST WERE JUST
    BRILLIANT AS THE AUNTS. WORD HAS IT THAT THE VIDEO
    RELEASE OF "PRACTICAL MAGIC" IS SCHEDULED FOR
    MARCH OR APRIL 1999.IN CASE ANYONE WANTS TO
    PURCHASE A COPY.

By R.C. on Tuesday, January 19, 1999 - 02:08 am:

...you're kidding, right? If I'd paid more than $1.50 to see that flick/I woulda dragged someone into the lobby & given them a serious beatdown! Casting Bullock & Kidman in THAT was a waste of a lot of expensive talent.

But to each her own...

By Bjeezus on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 02:36 pm:

bullock and kidman a waste of talent?
    yeah we know what there assets are

By Bell_jar on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 05:06 pm:

Bullock is a horrible actress. She was well caste in the movie "Practical Magic." Kidman I'm indifferent toward.

By Margret on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 05:19 pm:

It was an excellent book.

The movie, however, was pure crap.

By Dougie on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 05:43 pm:

Ain't that always the way? Except for maybe The Shining.

By patrick on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 06:52 pm:

never heard of it

By J on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 07:22 pm:

You got to be kidding Patrick,you never saw the movie The Shining? That movie scared the piss out of me.Here,s Johnny.

By semillama on Wednesday, May 3, 2000 - 07:25 pm:

All work and no play makes Andy a dull boy

By Jim aka Pajama on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 09:15 am:

Practical Magic looked very lame. I have not seen it. I like Kidman and Bullock. I think I am going to see "High Fidelity" this weekend. Has anyone seen it?

By patrick on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 11:51 am:

of course i have heard of the shining, i have not however heard of practical magic

By Warner on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 12:38 pm:

I saw "Being John Malkovich" in the second run theaters a couple of weeks ago. That movie rocked! It's Production value was low, it's effects were cheap, but the story was really original, unlike most hollywood movies. Lots of celebs in the cast too. Cameron Diaz, I didn't even realize it was here till the credits...

By wisper on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 02:59 pm:

High Fidelity good movie.
    me read book.

By Isolde on Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 09:17 pm:

Pactical Magic was supposed to be flimed where I live. ( A lot of movies are filmed up here.) However, this stupid woman protested a whole lot and said that filming here would destroy the "beautiful natural environment." (Pls to note: The entire coast of Northern Cal. was once forested. It ain't no more. That means the headlands here are _not natural_. Thus, her argument is moot. Anyway.) The long and short of it was that a unch of potential jobs went down the tubes. I was very sad. I like it when they film here.

By on Friday, May 5, 2000 - 11:46 am:

was it really filmed up there? i want that house! i thought it was filmed in Maine or something. so where was it really filmed?

By on Friday, May 5, 2000 - 11:51 am:

high fidelity-same book as the English writer? turned into an American film? i heard good film. different music, but comes off all the same-wisper?

By Star on Saturday, May 6, 2000 - 09:44 pm:

The best movie I have ever seen....hmmmm...I am not sure. I believe it would be a close one if I could decide. But since there are so many types of movies,and it really depends on the mood you are in, then it is really hard to say. I love Clockwork Orange, and I love SLC Punk, but you see, they are different types of movies. Therefore, it is hard to choose a favorite. As for Practical Magic, and the person who liked it...May I ask you one question....What kind of drugs are you on?

By Rx no refills on Tuesday, May 16, 2000 - 03:56 pm:

non-prescription but schedule 2

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact