American History X

sorabji.com: Best movie you ever saw: American History X
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Jim on Friday, February 5, 1999 - 11:42 pm:

watch it, it changed me

By Bagpuss on Saturday, February 6, 1999 - 03:58 am:

Did you guys get all the hype around Tony Kaye (The director)?

He's the king of style over substance advertising.

Which is no bad thing I might add.

By MoonUnit on Saturday, August 28, 1999 - 12:30 am:

so it was good? its just come out here... me and the grump are gonna go see it.

By Semillama on Saturday, August 28, 1999 - 03:38 pm:

what did you think? The ending got me. Ed Norton is the shit.

By Waffles on Saturday, August 28, 1999 - 05:26 pm:

wow...it jsut came out on the big screen? it's already on video here. Surely you mean it jsut came out on video. It's a good flic.....very very sad......very disturbing at times and yes the ending is NOT your typical Hollywood ending

By MoonUnit on Sunday, August 29, 1999 - 01:21 am:

uh no its at the alternative theatre now.

By Gee on Friday, September 3, 1999 - 06:21 am:

I didn't want to see that movie, but my family rented it and I had nothing else to do. I'm not sure if it's a good movie or not because (and didn't I feel guilty for this) I spent the entire time thinking about how beautiful Edward Norton and his magnificent glorious back were.

Actually...thinking back, I think the movie was kinda stupid. I don't want to give anything away, but there were too many things that I thought were unbelivable. But EN did a really good job, and as I said...he's beautiful.

By BLAKESNAKE on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 05:44 am:

I'm not prejudiced in the least but in a sick way I like the scene where he tells that guy to put his mouth on the curb.

By semillama on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 01:11 pm:

It's unique.

By agatha on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 04:11 pm:

i thought it was pretty good with potential to be great. the ending sucked really bad, it was like they just ran out of money and had to end the movie as quickly as possible. both of the skinhead boys were totally fine, i was shamed by my dirty thoughts. gee, you are right, his back was truly a sight to behold.

By sarah on Tuesday, April 4, 2000 - 03:44 pm:

today is the 32nd anniversary of the asassination of The Doctor Martin Luther King Jr.

By semillama on Tuesday, April 4, 2000 - 05:11 pm:

Not that the media is making any noise about it.

By Dougie on Tuesday, April 4, 2000 - 05:20 pm:

I'd rather they make noise about his birthday than his assasination day. Same for JFK, etc.

By BLAKESNAKE on Thursday, April 6, 2000 - 07:55 am:

I'm tierd of african-americans (to be politicaly correct) still dragging slavery and the so called oppressor the white man into the society of today as well as the skinheads putting the blame on blacks for this and that. All the while mexicans
    are hated by both black\white because they take all the jobs(they do bust their asses though) and set up shop all over town- not even bothering to learn English- not to mention the fact of them being taxless. I don't hate I just think their should be a little more restiction or Mexico should be added on to the U.S.A-Damn if only we had'nt lost the Alamo. Sorry that's fucked up to say. To much racial bullshit going on everywhere.
    Got kind of of the subject there but O well.

By Bjeezus on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 12:38 pm:

american history x was a good film
    though was floored by the speed in which edward norton sees the errors of his ways
    the director wanted 6 months more on it
    but the studio gave it to norton himself to finish
    then the director wanted his name off the list
    but the studio said no.

By Dougie on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 12:56 pm:

I saw Dead Calm last night. I guess the moral of the story was, don't go out driving at night in the rain with your baby son in the back of the car in his babyseat, because if you do, you might get in an accident and the kid might get killed, and then you might want to go on a 3 week cruise on your sailboat with your hubby in the Pacific to recover and you might run into a seemingly abandoned schooner in the middle of the ocean, on which is a madman just waiting to come aboard and terrorize you and then you'll have to shoot him with harpoon guns and flares and even then he might not be dead and might come back and terrorize you some more, or something like that. Could've been good, but was pretty crappy and non scary.

By Isolde on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 01:23 pm:

American History rocked. I loved that movie. I had nightmares for about a week after I watched it, but it was still amazing.

By Gee on Wednesday, September 13, 2000 - 07:19 pm:

we watched "Sunrise" in class yesterday. it was an otherwise good film that was cluttered up by unnessesary (sp) scenes.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact