Scrooge

sorabji.com: Best movie you ever saw: Scrooge
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Gee on Tuesday, February 16, 1999 - 07:46 am:

I know that's not the Real name of it (A Christmas Carol), but that's how I always refer to it, because it pleases me to do so.

I mean the one with Alastair Sim. He rocks on a level most men only Dream of! Can anyone over-act better than the guy who played Marley? That "woe is me" stuff was great!

I now find myself laughing like Scrooge at the end of the movie...that sort of "heeheehee" head bobbing thingy he does, you know? Believe me, if I had a clerk, I'd give him a raise and send him out to buy another coal scuttle before I dotted another i! Did I spell "scuttle" right?

I find "Dogfight" (River Pheonix, and...um...Lili Taylor? not sure.) to be a pretty neat movie, too...I mention this because it was just on TV, so I saw it again. I don't know why I like this movie...maybe because I think the part where Eddie puts coins in all those little machines so they play music for Rose and then spins on her all of a sudden to do that dancing thing is beautifully romantic, in a nice subtle way. I have an affection for guys who spin and slide...

Then again, maybe it's just an empathy with Rose that gets me going. Interesting how I empathise with Rose AND Gia from "Gia", that supermodel movie. Oh well...

By JW on Wednesday, March 1, 2000 - 02:19 pm:

Whew. I thought you were talking about Bill Murray's "Scrooged" for a second. Didn't that one have Phil Collins on the soundtrack singing "Put a Little Love In Your Heart"?

By Gee on Thursday, March 2, 2000 - 01:55 am:

today when I was at work I laughed like Scrooge. It was at something Ishmael said. No wait, it was at something I said in response to Ishmael.

he was talking about how he had escaped inherating his father's bad hand genes. He says his father has really really hairy hands.

he said: "Luckily I got my mother's hands."

and I said: "Then what's she using?" and laughed like nobody's business. eventually it filtered off into a Scrooge laugh.

nobody else laughed, though. I wonder why.

By Gee on Friday, March 3, 2000 - 02:31 am:

What the heck is the matter with you people??? This is funny!!

By moonit on Friday, March 3, 2000 - 04:40 am:

It made me laugh.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact