Wild at Heart

sorabji.com: Best movie you ever saw: Wild at Heart
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Charlie Mota on Tuesday, March 30, 1999 - 05:38 am:

can't get enough of it...

By Nate on Tuesday, March 30, 1999 - 10:59 am:

I HATE YOU.

By Sarah on Tuesday, March 30, 1999 - 02:01 pm:

hey wow! this is also my favorite movie of all time. i even own it on tape and can't count the number of times i've watched it, though it's been a good year or so since the last time.

i'm never bored of it. each showing i *get* more and more.

of course, this was when Nicolas Cage was still a respectable actor.

no time to hate nate.

By Gee on Wednesday, March 31, 1999 - 05:03 am:

How good an actor can the man be when he only ever has one facial expression?

By Jon on Wednesday, March 31, 1999 - 02:30 pm:

Ouch. Who cares about Nicolas Cage when you have Laura Dern prancing about in revealing undergarments? Plus, I love that N. Cage and Laura are actually in supporting roles to the film's true stars which are 1.) Fire, and 2.) Blood. David Lynch is the greatest- I love his obsessive focus on symbols that we only half-understand during the watching. The man is so wrapped up in his own world he could truly care less if we understand or not, and while that can be annoying at times, I find it refreshingly couragous. He has an amazing talent for making the very weird, normal, and the very normal weird, indeed...

By Sarah on Wednesday, March 31, 1999 - 07:56 pm:

you forgot true star number three. sex.

i thought the woman who played Laura Dern's mother was excellent.

i don't remember who wrote the screenplay for that movie, but it's total writing brilliance. it brings to the forefront a lot of depravity that people deny or would just rather forget. things that are not polite to speak about in public... like the happenings around Big Tuna, Texas.

By 00 Spool on Saturday, April 3, 1999 - 07:51 am:

my dog barks some...mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you what kind of dog I have...
    perhaps you picture toto from the wizard of oz...
    I'll tell you my dog is always with me...WOOF!!

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact