TRIANSPOTTING

sorabji.com: Best movie you ever saw: TRIANSPOTTING
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By LARFUS on Sunday, April 4, 1999 - 08:28 pm:

THIS IS A VERY IN YOUR FACE MOVIE, GOTTA SEE IT!

By Swine on Monday, April 5, 1999 - 02:14 am:

trainspotting.

irvine welsh.

read.

By Skottey on Wednesday, April 28, 1999 - 10:25 pm:

Pretty good movie but I wouldn't consider it one of my all time favorites, maybe in my top 200 of all time, maybe.

By BLAKESNAKE on Tuesday, March 14, 2000 - 12:19 am:

I THOUGHT THIS MOVIE WAS PRETTY CRAZY. ESPECIALLY
    THE PART WITH THE BABY. I WOULD\COULD NEVER FUCK WITH HEROIN.THE TOILET AND THE HEROIN SUPPOSITORIES THAT IS DEFINATELY NO LIFE FOR ME.
    WATCH THIS MOVIE IF YOU EVER CONSIDER DOING IT!!!

By J on Tuesday, March 14, 2000 - 08:54 am:

Puking over the toilet isn,t the worse,it,s the scratching and itching.

By Kymical on Tuesday, March 14, 2000 - 03:32 pm:

i liked heroin. i didn't like how it fucked everyone up. because i would do it once or twice, never mainline. never. it was good times. i lived playing my cello on it. it was a good feling a good time.

then all the children started dying....

the movie trainspotting came out while my friend sara was in Washington Women's Correctional Facility. she had gotten hook months before the last straw was when she held her grandmother at gun point for money.
    Sara never saw the movie that seemed to spur a generation on.

By J on Wednesday, March 15, 2000 - 04:26 am:

I never did it too much,I could see where I was going if I kept it up too much,that was a ride I couldn,t take,come to think of it,thats,s when I hooked up with Dan Hicks

By patrick on Wednesday, March 15, 2000 - 12:24 pm:

i did it, twice, great high, otherwise, i never bothered to find it, and well it has never come under my face. Those two times were coincidental. If it did, I could have problem. I would never mainline, I have only done that once with another substance, and that was enough for me. I would never want to be a track star.

By Kymical on Wednesday, March 15, 2000 - 01:42 pm:

that was funny patrick....
    track star.

oh that is awesome.

my personal favorite is "on the nod."

yeah you know Mike, he's on the nod again.

i think it has roots in Burroughs.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 15, 2000 - 01:50 pm:

what doesn't have roots to Burroughs in relation to heroin.

By mistaswine on Wednesday, March 15, 2000 - 02:16 pm:

your ass.

but then again, i have no idea who or what you do with your ass.

my bad.

By patrick on Wednesday, March 15, 2000 - 02:58 pm:

no i put the needle in my arm silly

By BLAKESNAKE on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 06:04 am:

I'll stick with beer, shrooms, weed and an occasional pill or two-muscle relaxers and pain killers, I've tried heroin unknowingly when this guy sold us some instead of cocaine. I ate a good sized boulder because we had plenty and I wondered if it was good or if it was cut and about fiften minutes later I was sweating quite heavily. Needless to say he was beaten black and blue for his mistake, and we made a little extra from his pockets.

By semillama on Monday, April 3, 2000 - 01:12 pm:

yeah, whatever.

Give me 'Phrane! 'Frop!! PILS!!!!! "BOB"!

By BLAKESNAKE on Thursday, April 6, 2000 - 08:06 am:

I smoke and toke on chron but never heron.
    No needle for me I'm track free.

By Pf on Friday, April 7, 2000 - 04:12 pm:

J, what do you mean about hooking up with Dan Hicks? (musically or in person?) How bout that album, the olive colored one titled: Original Recordings? Great Band. "I Scare Myself" is beautiful.

By J on Friday, April 7, 2000 - 04:30 pm:

Musically,and doing smack,good taste Pf,"I scare my self" is one of my favorites.I have that album,too lazy to dig to dig through my vinyl right now but I think that,s the one and only album I have.It,s got that song where he singing about someone drinking his beer"Whoever you are, you pushed me too far,and I,m gonna smack your face".

By Pf on Friday, April 7, 2000 - 05:50 pm:

I have a video copy of a television performance he did with the Lickettes from a long time ago. Must get the analog classics in order and put onto cassetes. Have you heard the Holy Modal Rounders?

By J on Saturday, April 8, 2000 - 02:53 am:

If I did I don,t remember the author,I read "of mice and men" and the grapes of wratch so I know John Steinbeck,oh I,m so drunk,I can,y make excuses for this.J

By Me on Saturday, April 8, 2000 - 12:26 pm:

sounds like fun.

By J on Saturday, April 8, 2000 - 01:40 pm:

Oh shit,I should have went to bed after bowling I won all four games,and watching The Bone Collector,but nooo,as long as I could stand I was going to keep drinking,the mind is a terrible thing to waste,and I bet my livers not so hot either,probably as big as a watermellon.Sorry,we now come back to the real world.Ouch!!

By J on Monday, April 10, 2000 - 07:57 pm:

Can think much better today but bowling in about a hour from now,I just put this here to remind me to come back here pf

By J on Tuesday, April 11, 2000 - 03:14 pm:

Holy Modal Rounders,weren,t they the Fugs or something?Ever hear of David Peel and the Lower Eastside?My Dan Hicks album is called Striking it Rich.I got it out and I,m listenng to it now.God I,m glad Dan,s still out there.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact