I'll come back to this one...

sorabji.com: Best movie you ever saw: I'll come back to this one...
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Gee on Monday, August 16, 1999 - 03:56 am:

I couldn't think of a title for my new conversation. Please don't hold it against me.

Anyway, I wasn't sure whether to put this here or over in the advice type area. I'm going to see a friend of mine this week, and we're going to watch some videos. I wanted to bring my "due South" and "Homicide" tapes and force him to realize the brilliance of Ray, Stan, Frank and Gee, but he refuses to get "in" to a new show right now. "That's okay!" I told him. "These shows aren't new! They're not even on TV anymore!"

"We're watching movies." he says. Anyway, this is the first time I've seen this boy in a Long time. The last time I saw him we were going out. (he's an ex. unfortunatly.) Now he's got a girlfriend (he's in love) and I've got my heart set on some other nice fellow and I feel like I'm ready to spend some Friend Time with him.

This is the first time I'll ever see him where we don't do sextypethings. Slut mode was riding high the day we first went out, and it never really calmed down around him. I'm worried we might not have any common interests aside from sex acts. We do have common interests - we both dig comic books and Spirit of the West - but I'm refering to the way we spend our time. He's into the whole club scene, which I hate. I'd much rather just watch TV (different tastes in TV shows) or go to a movie.

But I digress. The point of this message: what movie do you think we should rent?

By J on Monday, August 16, 1999 - 10:15 am:

Pecker, since you are just hanging.

By Cyst on Monday, August 16, 1999 - 02:37 pm:

happiness.

By Waffleboy on Monday, August 16, 1999 - 02:51 pm:

i agree with Cyst...

By MoonIt on Tuesday, August 17, 1999 - 05:14 am:

nothing scary. cause scary = cuddling which leads to other stuff (usually).

how about comedy?

nothing wrong with a good laugh I say!

By NosyLawanda on Tuesday, August 17, 1999 - 01:56 pm:

Call me jealous, but I'd be a tad upset if hubby decided to start hanging out with an ex. But I'm weird that way. I never could be friends with an ex. I tried a few times, but in the end it was pointless. Just too much baggage hanging about.

So why are you hanging out with him? Do you still run in the same circles?

Rent a nice, safe, non-date type movie. Nothing with a lot of sexual stuff in it, or romance. How about a good mystery? An old classic like "North by Northwest."

By Gee on Wednesday, August 18, 1999 - 12:32 am:

Lawanda - we have a couple friends in common, but for some reason all of us don't really hang out together at the same time. I guess I just prefer the whole one-on-one thing. It was just me and him, this time. He stays friends with all his ex-girlfriends, I've tried to stay friends with all my ex-boyfriends, but so far he's the only one who's working with me on this. I don't like to let go of people. If I'm close to someone Once, I like to stay that way, and I'll do whatever I can to try and make that happen. Even if we can't make out everytime we see each other, he can certainly give me a hug and smile at me, and that's really enough.

So I went to see him today. He was very nice. He bought me lunch. We watched "Red Violin" which had Don McKeller in it, so it was an instant groove for me. It was an alright flick, but I kept guessing all the important plot points. The sudden surprise of Sandra Oh made it all worthwhile, though.

I suggested "Happiness", but he started whining, so I said nevermind. "Red Violin" isn't a comedy, and it isn't a horror flick, and it had a couple sex scenes in it, which made me a little tense, but he seemed to not even notice. twit!

Actually...I think I enjoyed myself more on this past visit then I have any other time I've gone to see him. He is the world's best hugger.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact