Twin Peaks

sorabji.com: Best movie you ever saw: Twin Peaks
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rhiannon on Friday, March 10, 2000 - 06:48 pm:

Ok, so it's not a movie.

Best damn TV show the airwaves have ever hosted, however. The first season, anyway.

I'm so psyched that Bravo has decided to run episodes again. Episode #5 is on tonight.

Everyone must watch (if they can) episode #14. That will be showing on May 19. I will remind you.

By patrick on Friday, March 10, 2000 - 07:23 pm:

Rhi, it's friday, get away from the boob tube, set vcr to record,

By Isolde on Friday, March 10, 2000 - 08:25 pm:

My aunt was in Twin Peaks. I forget who she was, though.

By Rhiannon on Friday, March 10, 2000 - 10:07 pm:

What is her name? Did she have lines, or was she an extra?

And there's no painting the town lite pink tonight cuz I'm sick. Again. Or maybe with some other new virus or bacteria. Whatever. All I know is that my throat feels like sandpaper and my head feels like a bowling ball. And to make matters worse, my neuralgia is acting up and I have cramps. Life sucks right now.

Hence, I spent my day lying in bed, reading "Ordinary People" for the third time and "The Man Who Was Thursday" for the second time, sipping apple juice, checking my email (why won't my professor answer, dammit?!), and waiting for my mother to return from the store with the non-drowsy Contact I asked her to get.

By semillama on Friday, March 10, 2000 - 11:28 pm:

I have an itchy throat myself, whichi is impairing my ability to carry on phone conversations. Otherwsie, i'm just tired. I should go to bed, but I bet I'm on the web for another hour.

By Page on Thursday, May 18, 2000 - 01:16 am:

if you love twin peaks you have to view the prequal. it shows Laura's last few days, and the murder. crazy shit. Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me.

By Spider on Thursday, May 18, 2000 - 12:43 pm:

This weekend Bravo is airing the famed episode #14. Watch it.

By Isolde on Thursday, May 18, 2000 - 08:16 pm:

Charlotte Stewart. She was what's his head's mother.

By Spider on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 09:41 am:

I bought the DVD set of episodes 1-7 a couple of weeks ago. It's a damned shame the rest of the episodes won't be released for a while (I think in the spring, at the earliest).

All of the mystical stuff really kicks in during episode #8 -- Cooper sees the Giant for the first time, Ronette wakes up and has a flashback of the murder, Leland's hair turns white.

I rented the VHS tapes of episodes 6-9 and 10-14 last night, and I watched #s 8 and 9 last night.

Can I stress just how brilliantly visionary this show was? It could never be aired on TV these days.

I love how there will be scene that's quirky and amusing, and then suddenly something sobering and sad will catch you off-guard. Like Leland singing a show tune at an odd moment and then collapsing into tears. Charming AND menacing.

Episode #14 has the most frightening (fictional) images I have ever seen. And not a BOO! jumpy fright, but a slow wide-eyed incredulous horror.

I had lent my DVD to my brother, who enjoyed it so much that he bought the pilot episode off of ebay on his own. I can't wait for him to see the rest of the series.

By Spider on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 11:00 am:

Please, please, please -- rent this if you've never seen it.

By patrick on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 11:25 am:

i have a problem renting series like this.

ive never seen a single god damn episode of the Sopranos, Sex in the City or anything else available for rental in a series. its too much of a committment and i hardly have time to watch two movies rented over a weekend, muchless a series of tapes.

I wanted to rent Band of Brothers this weekend. Since it was raining i was ready to commit to the entire god damn series. But i didnt....you know why? SOME MOTHERFUCKER TOOK TAPE 2!!!! AND ONLY TAPE 2!!!! You believe that?

maybe if i come over for milk and cookies sometime spider.

By cigarette smoking spunky on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 11:41 am:

I want all the X Files DVD Sets...

only what 100 buck a season?

that would only be 900 dollars.

wait

did I say want?

i meant need!

By Spider on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 11:51 am:

Patrick, I recently read an article that said that one of the reasons Twin Peaks only lasted 2 seasons is because it demanded that you see every episode. If you missed one, you were out of the loop.

It's worth following this one, though. And actually, you don't even need to watch the whole series -- it peters out after episode 16 or so.

If you ever get pneumonia and are bed-ridden, watch this.

By semillama on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 12:35 pm:

Hell, I heard you were out of the loop no matter what with that one.

By Spider on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 12:51 pm:

It depends on how much you're willing to open your mind. :) The trick is to refrain from questioning how realistic it is -- accept that it's surreal from the beginning, and you'll enjoy it.

Or let me put it this way: The sherriff's name is Harry S. Truman. If your reaction to that is a sneered "What?!", maybe this is not the show for you.

By wisper on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 04:56 pm:

oh patrick, we just spent $48 over a month and a half renting seasons 1-3 of the Sopranos, and it was so worth it.
    No commercials, no waiting a week in between shows, instant gratification. Fuck watching tv, i'd rather just rent tv from now on in 4 hour shots.

And now i'll have to wait a year or so to see the rest ;(

Maybe Twin Peaks will be next, since i never watched it, and the packaging in the video store was so beautifull and impressive and creepy, it calls to me.

By Gee on Sunday, November 17, 2002 - 02:03 am:

I always thought the reason Twin Peaks only lasted two seasons was because season two was such a huge load of crap.

Now season one, on the other hand, was golden.

By Sally Jesse Raphael on Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 08:37 pm:

I think both seasons are great. I just hate the final episode. I felt no closure at all after spending a week of my life in a Twin Peaks coma.

What happened in episode 14??

I thought the creepiest part of the first season was when Laura's mom had the flashback of Bob being in the room when she went to check on Laura.

Six Feet Under is another good series to rent.

By Spider on Monday, August 18, 2003 - 09:39 am:

BOB kills Maddy in episode 14.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact