MaTriX

sorabji.com: Best movie you ever saw: MaTriX
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Neo on Monday, July 24, 2000 - 10:01 pm:

perfect
    rellity
    great

By semillama on Tuesday, July 25, 2000 - 06:43 pm:

The ending fucking sucked.

Keanu Reeves - Couldn't they get anyone else?

Nice effects though.

By Mavis on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 12:09 pm:

i finally saw the matrix last night.
    i fell asleep near the end.you know how i get, sem.
    their names were too much for me to take, i kept cracking up.
    it seemed crazy at points though, wow!
    i am listening to that tape right now, the one with BRAK!

By Della on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 02:47 pm:

that movie had a DEEPER MEANING. a POLITICAL meaning. how many movies can you say that about?

By semillama on Wednesday, July 26, 2000 - 05:22 pm:

Several, actually.

Not all of them are any good or successful at conveying that meaning, but hey...

By Satan on Thursday, July 27, 2000 - 04:08 pm:

GIVE ME MY SEVERED HEAD BACK!!!!!!!!!!

By NZA on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 02:02 am:

I was listening to a discussion about philosophy on public radio the other day, and this guy was explaining about how The Matrix is just a modern interpretation of Descartes' evil demon theory.

ie, The only way we know something is real is by experience, but everything we experience is manipulated by the evil demon. Therefore, we can never know for sure if anything is real.

I just had a thought... what if the experience of breaking out of the "false" experience is also fed to Neo by the evil demon???

nothing is real

By Jay on Friday, July 28, 2000 - 08:58 am:

walk up to a really fine female and ask her out or knock over some huge bikers harley and tune in to the emotions that run through you. it would be nice to think at moments like that that nothing is real. especially the lump in your throat or the soon to be lump under your eye.
    i see where you're coming from though. all very heavy shit. there are so many ways to look at it. i just try to remember my overall insignificance. so what if nothing is real. what am i gonna do about it? and how would i know that what is really real is really real when i got there.
    i'm here for an instant of infinity. all infinity came before me and all infinity will go on after i'm gone. i occupy this little space in an infinite universe. so in the infinity of time and space i'm not shit. i try to remember that.
    it makes life easier.
    and you know what? it makes asking that gorgeous woman out a lot easier to, and taking one on the eye from the biker. cause in fifty years, who's gonna give a flying shits ass anyway.
    it's like jimi hendrix mumbled "ain't no life nowhere."

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact