28 days later

sorabji.com: Best movie you ever saw: 28 days later
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By V on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 08:50 pm:

If you have not seen this movie,then you should be shot,you live in the backwoods or somthing? I have seen 8 times allready.Awesome.

By Antigone on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 09:07 pm:

Eight times?

That says a lot about you.

By Dodi on Friday, November 26, 2004 - 10:13 pm:

No, he just likes the movie. What's wrong with that?

By Antigone on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 03:00 pm:

Have you watched it?

By Dodi on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 03:23 pm:

No, but that doesn't matter. If you like something, you like it, so it shouldn't matter to anyone else. Everyone has different tastes and opinions, so let's honor that.......:)

By Antigone on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 04:30 pm:

Oh, I honor it just fine.

Ask your son about the movie. Rent it. Watch it. This, more than anything, will be a good window into V's character.

By eri on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 04:57 pm:

I have seen the movie. I love horror movies, I'm a junkie. They make me laugh.

The thing is, think about the type of movie you watch OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. Is it a chick flick, some coming of age story, something artistically beautiful? Those are the ones I watch over and over again. OK, well not chick flicks, they mostly annoy me. But the ones I watch over and over again are like me, they state something that is a part of my core person. Either that or they have Alan Rickman :)

28 Days Later wasn't even that good, or that well written. If you study the storyboards on it, you can see that they really didn't invest enough time into a proper, solid story line without their possibilities going all over the place. They just weren't set enough on what they wanted to accomplish and the whole story was garbled. Don't get me wrong. I have seen worse. It's just that it was a movie, saw it, whatever, didn't suck, didn't rock, who cares.

The fact that this is the kind of movie someone would watch over and over and over is representative to their personality. It's one of a million examples on how warped in the head V is. And how he embraces that which is dark and scary and dangerous about him.

By Dodi on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 05:53 pm:

My son doesn't care for scary movies, mostly comedic ones...........

By Antigone on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 09:51 pm:

Well, Dodi, if you want to remain ignorant, that's your choice.

Don't say we didn't warn you.

By Dodi on Saturday, November 27, 2004 - 10:54 pm:

Well, Antigone, I guess my husband has seen this movie and he said it wasn't that bad, so what's the big deal? It's a movie and nothing more.

By Antigone on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 01:47 am:

It's not just the movie, it's the "seen it 8 times" part. There's one particular scene near the end that I wouldn't want to see twice, and it was rather unpleasant the first time. It's when the main character spends about thirty seconds crushing a man's eyeballs back into his skull with his thumbs in a murderous rage. Now, I've got a high tolerance for movie violence, but after seeing that I didn't want to see any more, and I doubt I'd watch the movie again.

And V watched that eight times? And liked it?

By Dodi on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 02:17 am:

Okay, I just got finished watching it and I have to say, it was pretty gross. Yes, the part with the eyeballs was pretty disgusting, so I agree with you there.

You do have a point, how can anyone watch this 8 times and like it.

Did you watch all 3 endings?

By Dodi on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 02:33 am:

...actually, there's 4 endings. The last being the "Radical Alternative Ending"....interesting.

By Antigone on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 09:35 pm:

nah. Saw it in the theater, not on DVD.

By Dodi on Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 10:12 pm:

This movie is not high on my list. It's alittle too dark for me.......

By V on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 05:06 pm:

v is hardly an unpleasent person,but v has to state a case,"28 days later" is a sublime and superb movie that presents just one of many endings for the world,what one do YOU prefer,and how long do y,all predict Humans will exist,for v,1000 years maximum...and dont give me that Sorabji bullshit about how MAN will live forever,he wont...just a flash in the pan...for v,the greater your infrastructure,the faster your fall...take your pick,CO2,cold,heat,virus,war,starvation,asteroid,...things are going wrong big time...remember the Chinese told the population not to have more than one kid?...now you have no family to support Grandparents in China,not an Americans problem?no its not,but 25% of the worlds people are Chinese,therefore the Human race is allready in decline...prove me wrong...if you want to prove to v large amounts of kids are being born someplace in the world,fine,starvation will follow.

By Dodi on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 06:37 pm:

I see your point v.

I believe the end is near and I must say, can't wait.

By V on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 08:02 pm:

...me too...bring back reptiles.

By V on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 08:04 pm:

...and more trees.

By Antigone on Monday, November 29, 2004 - 08:07 pm:

Dodi, so you want everyone in the whole world to die?

How pleasant of you.

Have a good life.

By Gee on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 12:14 pm:

um, I have seen this movie maybe six times, so far. I saw it when it first came out, in theaters, and then a few more times with friends. the last time was when I was prepping for the new Dawn of the Dead, early this year. I have the DVD. I think it's a great movie, but probably should have ended before they wound up on that military compound. after that, it just got weird.

I guess my choice of entertainment offers up A WINDOW INTO MY SOUL. Like so many others who enjoy horror flicks I must be sick and derranged!

I also like rock and roll. whatever shall become of my soul?

By TBone on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 12:55 pm:

Six times is fine. Eight is outright.

By Nate on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 02:22 pm:

i watch apocalypse now over and over again.

i don't do it because it is a brilliant movie, though it is. i do it because it totally fucks me up. for days.

nail blankets over the windows fucks me up.

how's that for a window?

gee, you should come visit.

By V on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 02:41 pm:

Nate,is that the one with the guy with the shaven head with his own Empire in Cambodia,and heads on sticks?...also napalm?if so, is indeed awesome,but I have only seen 5 times.,,although thumbs in eyes (28 days later)takes some beating.Love it.

By V on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 02:57 pm:

Anti,why do you shit your your pants when you see a strong movie?...the script is good enough,and is far better than 2001,Christ,I had to read the book before it made sence.

By kazu on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 02:58 pm:

I loved Apocolypse Now. Powerful that movie is

I like horror movies, but generally only watch them once. I liked 28 Days Later and kind of want to see it again, but don't need to watch it over and over. I love scaring the crap out of myself.

Aside from the incest one, I can watch episodes of Millennium over and over and over again. I love that show. I can't wait for the second season. British fuckers got a whole three-season package.

By Kurtz on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 02:59 pm:

The whore, er, the horror

By V on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 02:59 pm:

Gee,like your posting.

By V on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 03:04 pm:

eri,give me an insight to your soul,what movies?

By V on Tuesday, November 30, 2004 - 03:11 pm:

Kurtz,you saw apocalypse?opinions?

By Kurtz on Wednesday, December 1, 2004 - 10:36 am:

V, that was a Brando outtake, you dumbass.

By V on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 11:34 am:

Kurtz,did you take a laxative and a sleeping pill on same night...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By V on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 11:39 am:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By V on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 11:41 am:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By V on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 12:16 pm:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By V on Friday, December 3, 2004 - 01:36 pm:

Kurtz,you make me laugh so much,I allmost shit myself,but you know plenty about shiting yourself,HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

By V on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 12:10 pm:

"sigh" cloned again,but I still think "28 days" is one of the best,apart from "Titanic"

By Dodi on Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 07:44 pm:

Hey V! Remember when I told you that my son loved the movie Titanic? Well, it's still his favorite movie.

Don't shit yourself...LOL!

By V on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 12:01 pm:

Dodi!!!! the other stuff, I think is a clone by jack or the other troll that posts under 50 names,mostly "nelly"...a creepy guy with a Manson beard,took a look at his web site....you ever get the feeling you have "Klingons on the starboard bow"?...you know,last night,I was looking a "Zippo" on e-bay,inscribed with a picture of Titanic,it even had the music!...on "e-bay"!...,needless to say,my eyes went a bit blurry....p.s. my p.h. is still o.k.,I test it as you recommended,thank you from v,3000 miles away.

By Dodi on Friday, January 20, 2006 - 08:11 pm:

I love eBay!!! I have bought so much lately and I think I'm actually addicted to it now..:( I love the vintage jewelry, especially the turquoise. D you buy alot from eBay?

I don't check my ph as much, cause I know I'm pretty balanced. I drink my greens everyday and I make this stuff called..Kombucha. It's basically vinegar, but you brew it yourself. If you get a chance, check it out. I haven't had a stiff neck since I've been drinking it, so it's great for inflammation. I drink the Miracle Greens..great product.

By the way...Your welcome.

By V on Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 01:57 pm:

Dodi,I need to learn a lot about E-Bay,still trying to understand it,I am told only use "pay pal",one guy I know got ripped off for $1,500 on a computer scam,the culprit made one and a half million $,another sold his 3 wood shelves he bought new for £6 for £35,another got 4 new tires and wheels for his v.w. bug for 99p,about $1.85,Big Dave got a brake calliper for his motorcycle,second hand for £35,a new one is £535,a guy I know in China sells goods real cheap,but will charge you $200 to ship a small item,the fast sellers are cars,one every 2 mins,myself I love fine watches,"Bulgari"see the awesome web site and "Rollex"...I have an idea,buy at auction and sell on E-Bay,small stuff,jewells,watches,v may go to "Southgate Auctions",they have a web site, on Monday,I am tempted to "dip a toe in the water" as they say.,a nice rollex is up for grabs in Southgate,North London xxxxxxx

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact