Really upset

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Really upset
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Lucy on Sunday, June 20, 1999 - 04:22 pm:

Maybe I shouldn't be posting this, but I need to talk about it and I don't know anyone.
    The person I've gone clubbing with for the last 14 months, and we've been going to the same club every Saturday for the last 10 months, didn't show up last night.
    He was doing a lot of coke last weekend and, despite my warnings, starting to get into meth. He doesn't understand how meth hits you and he did too much last weekend and had to sit down for a couple hours, and he disappeared this weekend, and I'm afraid I may have lost my only friend for 3000 miles.
    (and we were once more than friends and I don't know if he's alive now)
    Jesus Christ, I won't be mad at him for blowing me off if he'll just please be alive.

By R.C. on Sunday, June 20, 1999 - 04:47 pm:

Don't fret so much. He's prolly sleeping it off somewhere.

Give him til tomorrow afternoon/then stop by his crib if you haven't heard from him by then. You don't wanna go calling the cops just yet. If they find him somewhere high as a kite/he'll get in trouble & be pissed off at you forever.

Everyone's entitled to a lost weekend or two.

By Lucy Phurre on Sunday, June 20, 1999 - 05:39 pm:

Not gonna do that...wouldn't do any good.
    But we have gone to that club together every single Saturday for the last 10 months & we split up 7 months ago, & we still haven't missed a night, unless it was to go somewhere else, or with advance notice.
    I don't know until 3:00 b/c he can reasonably be expected to sleep in until then. From experience, he usually doesn't answer the phone before then...and he doesn't check his voicemail unless I remind him to, and he doesn't have voicemail on his home line anyway, so no hope there. I emailed, him but that only works if he goes to work b/c he's still having to deal with all the bullshit the landlords want him to do before he can get a dataline put in the apt. (I used to live with him there, so I know)
    I'll stop by his place after 3:00 to see if his car is there. He *always* goes home after going out (except once, the night I met him, and that was b/c he was mad at the ex-girlfriend who was living with him & since I moved out, he lives alone) b/c when he's on stimulants, he sometimes starts stressing and he needs familiar surroundings & otherwhise, he just needs to be home.
    (& I know he's extremely unlikely to pick anyone up, he's not good with strangers, & he has a lot of issues with women & even if he did, he'd take her home with him, rather than the other way around, b/c he needs familiar surroundings)
    I just worry b/c he has serious depression, and suicidal ideation, and b/c he doesn't know any better than to mix meth and sleeping pills, and shit like that, even though I tell him, he doesn't listen to me since we split up (& we're still friends & maybe a little closer to getting back together lately, & I just can't lose him twice).
    & I'm just worried b/c I'm not sure I trust the guy he's been getting the stuff from...but then he never did save any for breakfast...I used to have to hide some from him when he had to get up the next day and present it to him in the morning.
    I was trying to get through to him from 8:00 on last night and he didn't answer, and maybe he's just in a snit, Christ, I hope he's just in a snit.
    & I'm worried b/c he has 3 kids & he always calls them on Sundays & esp. today, even if they don't have Father's Day in the UK (where he's from), his kids were born here & I'm worried b/c I don't even know if he's provided for them or if his life insurance is still set up to go to his former business partner who screwed him out of his half of the business & his ex-wife has remarried & has 2 more kids & I don't know how well her new husband is going to care for his little ones, or whether he can afford to support 5 kids, esp. in the style to which they're accustomed (he's a programmer & 2/3 of his income currently goes to them.)
    &I'm really upset by the whole thing b/c I still have feelings for him.

By Lucy Phurre on Sunday, June 20, 1999 - 07:10 pm:

He's alive.
    Thank the Gods.
    I finally got ahold of him.
    He missed me b/c he stopped by much earlier than usual.
    He's going to come see me Monday after work (he's feeling pretty worn out today).
    He is starting to bend on the pager issue (I want him to get one b/c he tends to be incommunicado for long periods of time).
    He may be starting to bend on the crank issue, which is more important.

By Anonymous on Sunday, June 20, 1999 - 11:16 pm:

RC, a person on meth doesn't have a lost weekend or two. I know that I've posted some smartass crap around this site but I'm dead serious about what you loose when you play(?) with meth. Been there, done that. it's not a casual trip.

By R.C. on Monday, June 21, 1999 - 03:06 am:

Gotcha. I've never done meth -- it always sounded like a scary high to me.

And Lucy: Do yr boy a favor -- call him 1st thing Monday & MAKE HIM UPDATE HIS LIFE INSURANCE! People let that kind of shit slide becuz it's so easy to forget. But if anything happens to him/he wants any benefits to be paid to his kids/so he's gotta update the paperwork NOW.

By J on Monday, June 21, 1999 - 11:14 am:

From what I have heard from people who have done meth,the first time you do it is always the best and after that it,s never the same,and it,s just bad shit.It,s easy to make and cheap.I,ve done many drugs in my life and believe me when I tell you,old school to new school,meth is an evil plague.I,m no rocket scientist,but I see a direct correlation between meth and violent crime,and I,m fucking sick of it.I did speed when I was young,not the same as meth,but along the same line,couldn,t even shoot it up myself,had to have someone else do it for me which accounts for the ugly abscesses on my arms and then I O.D. and woke up in a bath tub getting the shit slapped out of me and that,s when I wised up.I thank God for that and realized that someone up there likes me,but was loosing their patience with me,I had to see the black and the white,had too many close calls,too many chances.Anyway after that I just smoked pot,I never want to steal,or kill,or hurt anyone on weed,meths another thing.You fuck with meth,you fuck with Satan.

By Waffleboy on Monday, June 21, 1999 - 12:17 pm:

i had white light white heat once, I was with my junky friends and they couldn't cop their heroin so coke /speed is the next best thing for these types, so they were fixin up and I thought i would try shooting it, blow that is, WHOOOOOAAA man, instant beads of sweat, teetering on that fence between black and white, ever heard the Velvets interpretation, "White Light White Heat", i was there. Meth, its fucked up, you never really get high, you just get a little taste every hour for like 5 hours, coke seems to be more direct and more short lived. I personally have fondeness for pills, because you know exactly what you are getting (except basement made X)......factory made amphetemines, THATS where it's at. It's not cut, your not edgy, your just high as a kite and mellow at the same time. Especially the time release capsuls, every hour or so you feel a rush, a wave come thru, and it doesn't make you violent or sick like meth. Meth breaks your immune system down, i almost always catch a flu after i do that shit, hey folks, all it is, is cooked ephedrine which if you don't know what that is, go to your local mini mart/truck stop and look for the little speed pills by the counter, read the ingredients or better yet check any asthma pills, you will see "(hydo)ephedrine" in it. They take that cook it up with a few other catalysts and bada bing bada boom! METH, bad bad

By Dave on Monday, June 21, 1999 - 09:09 pm:

Meth is the pits. You're better off bathing with a plugged in hair dryer. Whatever happened to MDA? Except for the jaw-grinding, that stuff was god almighty.

By J on Tuesday, June 22, 1999 - 10:45 am:

I only did that once in my life and it was eons ago but that was one hell of a ride.

By Waffleboy on Tuesday, June 22, 1999 - 06:13 pm:

the only time i had MDMA i was rather unimpressed, it was like a good blue, thats it

By J on Wednesday, June 23, 1999 - 12:18 pm:

When I did it it was wayyy better than acid,at least on acid I could walk and talk,I could,t do anything other than get in bed while the room was spinning and let myself be ravished.I.ll never forget it.What,s a blue?

By Waffleboy on Wednesday, June 23, 1999 - 12:31 pm:

a 10mg valium...."hey man, got any blues?"

i long to be a doped up housewife

By J on Wednesday, June 23, 1999 - 12:51 pm:

Speaking about dope I,m worried about copping some weed when I go to Costa Ricca.I have snuck some into Mexico,but I,m too chicken shit to do it there.I don,t think I could handle it no weed for two weeks.What,s a mother to do?I have some Xanax 25MG mothers little helper.

By Waffleboy on Wednesday, June 23, 1999 - 01:00 pm:

that'll work

By Lucy on Wednesday, June 23, 1999 - 10:36 pm:

Sorry I've been away from the thread so long.
    I can't really post on it from work.
    RE: meth...I agree that it's bad for you.
    RE: insurance. I checked. He has actually taken care of it (I've been nagging him for a while. I guess I finally irritated him into doing it)

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact