The Break-Up

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: The Break-Up
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Margret on Thursday, June 24, 1999 - 03:27 am:

So I finally had the talk with my guy, now my ex-guy. It took longer for me to stare at the bed and be painfully silent than it did to have the discussion. It was good to go on record and all, but he pretty much said he'd known when I moved out of the room that it was marching papers time, that he was incapable of hating me, that being angry wouldn't get him anywhere, and that everything was cool. So we went out to IHOP and I called out of work. This is the most painless break-up (unless you count the months of agonized decision process) I've ever had, and I think my ex- is that much greater a guy for giving me this unlooked for gift of peace.

By R.C. on Thursday, June 24, 1999 - 03:48 am:

If you're happy, we're happy.

So, are you gonna fly to Cali to be driven around topless in Nate's Volvo to celebrate?

By Nate on Thursday, June 24, 1999 - 10:48 am:

the acura, the acura.

By R.C. on Thursday, June 24, 1999 - 06:08 pm:

Oops -- I forgot. Better sound system. (But no new car smell.)

Why do you have 2 cars anyway?

By Nate on Thursday, June 24, 1999 - 06:49 pm:

it's california. everyone has multiple cars.

where did you get two from? why not three? or four?

By Waffleboy on Thursday, June 24, 1999 - 07:46 pm:

i have 7 tricycles and four vespas.......

By J on Thursday, June 24, 1999 - 11:11 pm:

i think Margret has a story to tell,why don.t we listen?

By J on Thursday, June 24, 1999 - 11:14 pm:

I know I spelled listen wrong.

By Waffleboy on Thursday, June 24, 1999 - 11:16 pm:

i am all ears........& waffles

By J on Thursday, June 24, 1999 - 11:55 pm:

God Waffleboy,your even stranger than me,I,m gonna my Mom.

By J on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 12:05 am:

tell my mom.

By R.C. on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 12:59 am:

Three cars wd be too great an extravagance /even for you, Nate.

I only said 2 becuz I thought you really weren't into that conspicuous-consumption LA mentality. (*sniff*).

So, how many cars DO you have?

By Waffleboy on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 01:06 am:

j.......its a combination of gin.....cpl a bong hits and a hydrocodone...aka......tylenol 3....aka coedine......aka good time....lucid........it's thrusday night.........10pm....my girl and i play about the house.....we have short attention spans..........and yet we still manage to get the laundry done in an orderly fashion......

did i mention my 3 tricycles

By Mathmatical Wizard Gee on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 03:24 am:

What happened to the other four?

By Nate on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 10:57 am:

now i have but one car.

the volvo went from my driveway to my cousin's. a wedding gift for her and her new husband.

By Waffleboy on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 11:00 am:

i traded em for the gin

By Louisa on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 12:12 pm:

Nate, have you ever lived passed lives under the names of paul or alex???

By Nate on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 12:50 pm:

Yeah, how'd you know?

By Louisa on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 01:26 pm:

Guess My surname and I'll tell you....

By May on Tuesday, June 29, 1999 - 04:25 pm:

Alcott?

By Nate on Wednesday, June 30, 1999 - 11:29 am:

hey there little lady. we don' need none of that.

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, June 30, 1999 - 09:15 pm:

The Breakup...*huge, long, soul-emptying sigh*

My honey children, that adorable band of mischievous raucous elves, the little baby apples of my eye... are no longer together.

Folks, the Jesus Lizard have broken up. After 10 years of audial mayhem, the sonic equivalent of a middle finger shoved in the eye of the mainstream is no more.

I'm unconsolable.

By Dave on Wednesday, June 30, 1999 - 09:41 pm:

I heard that David Yow will be featured on an upcoming Melvins release. On this same album, they will cover "smells like teen spirit" with Leif Garrett on vocals. I can't wait. Jesus Lizard never did it for me like Scratch Acid did. That first album was almost perfect.

By Waffleboy on Thursday, July 1, 1999 - 03:10 pm:

I only cared for the Jesus Lizard rekid Liar, it rocks reel good, the others never moved me so but thats ok i guess, but i feel as if we are in a musical lull, everyone is so busy regurgitatign other ideas and others are striving to make indie rock good again, and it just can't happen....

By Rhiannon on Thursday, July 1, 1999 - 03:49 pm:

Have you ever heard (of) Firewater? (The page is new, but it's got sound clips of every song. The band's two albums sound completely different, so be sure to check them both out.)

I adore, worship, idolize Firewater. I could go on and on and on about how great they are, but I'll spare you the gushing. Their live shows kick serious ass, too. I've been to two of them and cried both times because they're so intense. There's nothing like hearing Tod Ashley howl "HONEY, WHHYYYYY?" at 100 decibels.

I found the Jesus Lizard's "Liar" to be almost (sshh!) dull, but I sure like "Head" a whole lot, and "Goat" and "Shot" too. And (sshhh! again) I've never heard Scratch Acid.

By Dave on Thursday, July 1, 1999 - 10:22 pm:

By Louisa on Friday, July 2, 1999 - 10:33 am:

Nate..who's the little lady, me or May? (Or are we talking about Fenella from chorlton and the wheelies??)

By Nate on Friday, July 2, 1999 - 12:16 pm:

i don't know. i'm lost.

i think i was talking about your book.

By Louisa on Friday, July 2, 1999 - 12:25 pm:

Nah thats not me, wrong surname, but if any rights and money want to work there way in my direction I can change my name!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Friday, July 2, 1999 - 02:13 pm:

Ah rally dooo dee clay uh!

By Nate on Friday, July 2, 1999 - 04:34 pm:

help me with this surname thinger.

By Rhiannon on Friday, July 2, 1999 - 07:34 pm:

Dave, I'm taking your advice and getting me some of that. Seeing as I will not hear current David Yow shenanigans, I might as well dig into the past.

I just know you're all curious: OOO The little naked man in the back is Mr. Yow.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Saturday, July 3, 1999 - 08:41 am:

Hmmmm. Mr. Yow looks like he has a nice butt. YowZA!

By Louisa M....... on Saturday, July 3, 1999 - 09:11 am:

Nate, It begins with an M and has an E and a couple of T's in it.....

By Rhiannon on Saturday, July 3, 1999 - 11:15 am:

He's not a...um...conventionally good-looking man, but he's got his own charm. He's also been described as one of the nicest, most ego-less, funniest men in the music biz. *I* think he's adorable, like a little (he's about 5'5") imp or something.

See here and here

He is also prone to removing his clothing during shows:

;) and ;)

There's a part in their "Sho(r)t" film (which is a 1/2 hour look at one of their shows/behind the scenes) when he's looking at the camera and making faces like he's playing with a baby. It's hilarious.

*sigh*

By Rhiannon on Saturday, July 3, 1999 - 10:19 pm:

Well. I see I scared you all speechless with those nude pictures! Should I have posted a warning label next to them to prepare you for the shock?

;)

By Nate on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 05:21 am:

Lousi\i

UI'm way drunk.

are you somewone i 'klnow?

obviosuly., this is not the time form e to guess. maybe on the morrow... or tuesday.

By Gee on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 06:21 am:

Drunk Nate reminds me of a boy I used to know. Minus the self-pity.

By Ricky on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 02:12 pm:

well i dump my girlfriend jennifer of miramar florida she is puerto rican anyways she was to bitchy so i fuck ur best friend

By semillama on Monday, November 24, 2003 - 03:14 pm:

Thanks for sharing.

By moonit on Tuesday, November 25, 2003 - 01:29 am:

You fucked Andrew??? Goddamit.

By Me on Wednesday, February 4, 2004 - 07:53 am:

who's andrew?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact