Hey Markus

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Hey Markus
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Fakenamegoeshere on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 01:38 am:

Question for you, since you are in the medical field and all. You may not know the answer, and that's cool. If we have any medical professionals lurking, please feel free to kick in with an answer. Of course, I realize that none of this will substitute for a consultation with my primary care physician and all the standard disclaimer stuff.
    How soon after an appendectomy is it ok to have sex?

By Fake name yah yah on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 01:57 am:

Oh, uh, and any of you who have had an appendectomy and asked the doc this question, feel free to chime in.

By Margret on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 08:37 am:

No idea.

By SMEEE AGAIN on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 11:25 pm:

I just got off the phone with my good friend, Jack Kevorkian. He stated that you should always wait until the anethesia wears off. This prevents unwanted rape charges. Good luck!

By R.C. on Saturday, June 26, 1999 - 01:23 am:

I had a boyfriend who had an appendectomy. I think the doctor said 10 wks. before sex was okay.

Which didn't stop us from trying after 6. BUT-- at least wait til the stitches are removed (unless you got the dissolvable ones). And let her do all the work. Any stress on those muscles/anything that causes pain or tension there/is a no-no.

Basically 69 w/me on top was what we resorted to most of the time. It took a good 4 mos. before
    he was up for sraight-up sex.

And the Percodans were fun.

By SMEEE AGAIN on Saturday, June 26, 1999 - 08:46 pm:

How long after my liver transplant before I can resume drinking?

By Markus on Tuesday, June 29, 1999 - 04:29 pm:

"Let her do all the work. Any stress on those muscles/anything that causes pain or tension there/is a no-no."

That more or less sums it up. Sex itself isn't so much a problem, just the related abdominal stresses. But even oral attention in the first month or more may be a problem, as for me at least, the abdominals play a large role at the moment of truth. I've pulled my stomach muscles during a couple of really great episodes and it hurt like hell, kinda killing the moment.

By J on Thursday, July 1, 1999 - 01:42 am:

As soon as you can lift your arm up to your mouth,you have already wasted valuable drinking time.Remember what Social Distortion had to say about your liver exploding,you have 15 more years,use them wise.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, July 1, 1999 - 11:39 am:

Wow.

By Markus on Tuesday, July 6, 1999 - 04:25 pm:

The more I think about this, I don't think I was clear enough on the stress thing. Go monastic for a couple months. Even self-indulgence is dangerous. An orgasm involves all kinds of involuntary muscle contractions. I can certainly sympathize with wanting to get it on ASAP, but you unzip your abdominal wall, it doesn't tickle.

By J on Tuesday, July 6, 1999 - 10:35 pm:

Salt peter&and picture of Ms. Reno?

By Cyst on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 04:49 am:

janet reno isn't that ugly.

anyway, the attorney general doesn't have to be a babe. it sucks that women politicians get picked on for their looks so much. only the very grossest of the men politicians do.

By J on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 11:41 am:

Oh,come on Cyst,she,s butt ugly,I,ve seen better heads on beer,and she is the grossest of the woman politicians,she,s about the only woman in politics that anyone ever says anything about.I,m all down for the fact that she,s a woman,who has worked her way up the political ladder,but she,s a bow-wow.Markus,do you think you could get it up for her?Not that I even think she would want a man.She seems pretty butch to me.

By Waffleboy on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 12:15 pm:

Madalene Albright, she's a hottie......I have to agree with Cyst, how many hot politicians do you see, and when was the last time a male politician was scrutinized for his looks

By J on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 12:54 pm:

I can rip on Ted Kennedy big time,but if it was John Jr.thats another thing all together.And I hate to burst your bubble,but I know many stupid women who will defend Bill Clinton just cause they think he,s hot,and my bestfriend Bruce has dreams about him,thats one thing we can,t talk about if we want to be friends.He,s coming here to Phoenix today,still trying to pass himself off as human.You overestimate the I.Q. of the general public.

By Waffles on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 01:27 pm:

Bill is one out of many many many politicians and he happens the hold the highest office, mere coincidence.

By J on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 02:26 pm:

I don,t ever hear anyone rip on Sandra Day O'Conner,there are many many women in politics Reno just happens to hold the highest office,coincidence?

By Waffleboy on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 02:53 pm:

she holds one of the highest offices in the judicial branch, a branch of the govt. which is not in the spot light as much as the president.

and when was the last Sandra Day O Conner was in the news. We rarely hear about anyone in the judical branch, muchless the supreme court...

By J on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 03:02 pm:

I don,t think we are talking about the same thing,at least nobody is calling Sandra ugly.Reno is fucking ugly,and since Markus hasn,t responded,let me just ask you,could you get it up for her?Thats all I,m asking,could you?Be honest.

By Lucy Phurre on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 03:17 pm:

Don't worry. The way politics have been going recently, I predict that, in the next few years, you will see all the politicians replaced by cloned replicas of Cindy Crawford and Carmen Electra.
    Would that make you happy?

By J on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 03:20 pm:

Fuck no!!!

By Waffleboy on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 03:40 pm:

Ronald Reagan was a Jim Henson project

By Cyst on Thursday, July 8, 1999 - 03:25 am:

I guess when you want to refer to a well-known ugly woman, you have to choose one of the few women who hold high political office. because pretty much all other women celebrities are actresses and models.

By Gee on Thursday, July 8, 1999 - 10:57 am:

I don't think Janet Reno is ugly.

By Margret on Thursday, July 8, 1999 - 11:29 am:

I don't think she's ugly, either. But fucking Strom Thurmond creeps me out big, big, big time.

By Margret on Thursday, July 8, 1999 - 11:31 am:

Oh, BTW: I visited the person who had had the appendectomy. Seems he's been spanking it since like his 3rd day out of the hospital, maybe his 2nd, and the Doc greenlighted him to have sex as soon as his body told him it was ok. Which wasn't by the time I left, but I imagine everything will be groovy eventually. And, y'know, when you're really into someone...torturing yourself by repeatedly and creatively not having sex is...well, awesome.

By Markus on Thursday, July 8, 1999 - 05:07 pm:

Um....gotta go with Jeannette on the Reno issue (who, by the way, is in the executive branch). And as for the question, well, I can't (and don't want to) imagine facing such a dilemma. Though the word in official DC is that she's an asexual lesbian.

Ugliest politician award will perpetually go to Jesse Helms, until he finally dies or is revealed to be an extraterrestial lifeform.

By Waffleboy on Thursday, July 8, 1999 - 05:38 pm:

attorney general=executive branch?????
    ok

By MARGRET on Thursday, July 8, 1999 - 06:25 pm:

DOJ = Executive Branch, the whole damned thing

By The Watcher on Friday, April 2, 2004 - 02:32 pm:

Is it just me, or are these boards losing posts?

By V.v. on Friday, April 2, 2004 - 11:25 pm:

Termites man,termites.

By The Watcher on Tuesday, April 6, 2004 - 04:26 pm:

Better call Orkin.:-)

By The Watcher on Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 04:02 am:

Does anyone but me, until now, come to these boards from sorabji.com?
    I only ask this because, I think, our fearless leader seems to have removed the boards from the directory on the home page.
    I tried all the links but couldn't get here. Then I remembered I had a direct link to the boards.
    Home at last.

By The Watcher on Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 04:08 am:

Mark,
    Regarding your new telephone exchange project. When I was in the day hospital for my depression last year I noticed something on one of my Lunch time walks. I noticed a very old Oak tree that had been carved on back in the late 50's. And, part of the carving included a telephone number in the old exchange style. I doubt anyone but me has noticed that carving in many a year.

By droopy on Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 02:33 pm:

i, too, noticed the "new messages" link had been
    removed from sorabji.com. not only that. one time, i
    tried to get here by google searching key words.
    that used to work, but this time i could find
    nothing. i think this site has been cut off from the
    rest of the world. hang on to that link.

By ... on Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 04:33 pm:

i don't remember when or why i removed that "wander around" thing off the top page, but it's back now.
    i also don't know why the site is so flippin' slow since after getting knocked offline during the storm, but i'm getting ready to move this site to a new box anyway so maybe it won't matter.
    actually, now that i think of it, i was getting some unwanted attention, so i killed all links from the top page for a while.

i blocked search engines from this section a long time ago to keep spammers from finding it. this message board software is easily spammable.

i'd love to see that tree carving.

By semillama on Saturday, November 3, 2012 - 08:25 pm:

I have the message boards bookmarked, so I have to admit I haven't seen the home page in forever. I'll go check it out.

By ... on Tuesday, November 6, 2012 - 01:54 am:

someone (not me) cleared up the post-Sandy network sinuses allowing the sorabji server to work fast again.

i'd still love to see that tree carving.

By The Watcher on Friday, November 9, 2012 - 05:25 am:

Since you were nice enough to fix this little problem. I'll try to get a picture in the not to distant future. I'll send it to you by email.

By The Watcher on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 04:11 am:

Another thing I haven't done yet.

Damn, I should have taken my camera with me today. It was only a couple of blocks away from my doctors.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact