Where'd the Swine go?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Where'd the Swine go?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Margret on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 08:39 am:

Swine?

Where's Swine?

Anyone know where Swine went?

By Cyst on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 09:21 am:

I want swine back.

a few days ago at the company canteen, I ordered what was translated for me as "amateur swine." with a side of buckwheat.

By Nate on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 10:59 am:

Swine got fed up with our redundant bullshit, and has decided he has better things to do than ride these message boards.

do not morn him. he has broken the addiction, we should be happy.

By Swine on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 11:24 am:

eat glass.

By J on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 11:34 am:

Thank God,I was trying to goad you out of hiding yesterday about slicing penis,but you didn,t take the bait.

By Margret on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 11:56 am:

Swine, if I humiliated myself in extremis as you seem to think you have done (but, y'know, I read the WAYD that night and all it did was cause a goofy smile and some flashbacks), would you just come back?
    Please let me know what format you would like the humiliation rendered as.
    Ahhh. Let's make it truth or dare. OK? Please just don't go away.

By Swine on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 12:13 pm:

i hardly think i humiliated myself.

i just hate hearing people painfully gush at length like that.
    the fact that it was me gushing painfully just adds insult to injury.

anyway, humiliate yourself at will.

but my absence was more due to the fact i didn't have anything to say than anything else.

i just scanned the boards and i still have nothing to say.

except maybe that cyst has nice legs.

By Waffleboy on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 12:33 pm:

right

By Waffleboy on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 12:47 pm:

By Rhiannon on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 01:22 pm:

To quote you, I think, Waffles... fucking hilarious!

What's this WAYD board I've heard so much about lately?

By Margret on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 01:41 pm:

Spider: What Are You Doing. It's the What Are You Doing section.

By Rhiannon on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 02:36 pm:

Oh, duh. Sory.

By Swine on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 02:38 pm:

elvis costello is performing at the guinness fleadh on randall's island tomorrow.

i hear they're flying in kegs of guinness straight from ireland to make the gig genuine.

i was gonna go for the beer until i heard bootie and the ho-fish were gonna be there.

i can't stand that shit.

By Nate on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 05:13 pm:

you don't like "black" music, swine?

By Swine on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 05:23 pm:

that's what i'm talking about when i say you're in need of a good ass-kicking.

By Dave on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 05:28 pm:

I'm down with Lenny Kravitz.

By Rhiannon on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 05:37 pm:

Ugh. He's so boring. [to be read with a Terry-Jones-as-a-woman voice]

By Waffleboy on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 05:53 pm:

yeah but you have to admit, much like say Tom Petty, their music is rather dull, it does have a lasting charm about it and neither Lenny or Tom P have been swayed by the minute to minute pop trends in american music, they have been consitant, so yeah his music AIN"T ALL THAT A BAG A CHIPS GIRLFRIEND...but he deserves a little credit for not being swayed and being consistant

By Rhiannon on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 06:19 pm:

Consistantly boring. What does he say that's valuable? I don't know about you, but I like to listen to music (read books, see movies, etc) that makes me glad I spent that 5 (98798734, 120) minutes listening to the song, not thinking of the laundry I could have been doing instead. Dig? Lenny Kravitz is less interesting than laundry. In my most humble opinion.

Jeez, Henry Rollins has said the same exact thing for 15 years, and even he's more current than Mr. K.

By Margret on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 06:42 pm:

Henry Rollins is the ideal sperm donor.

Sigh.

By Waffleboy on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 06:45 pm:

well that wasn't readily my point, now you have some clue as to my music tastes because we went back & forth in another thread, so obviously we have similar tastes, and it was'nt that i am praising him as much as I am saying, he doesn't have much to be knocked. Again he deserves more respect than say the likes of Motley Crue or Ricky Martin or some stupid assed band/singer like that. Lenny and Tom Petty have remained consistant with their image for 10 years or longer. Lenny's music is alright, whether or not I am rewarded with some grand new knowledge or insight when the song is over, is frankly irrelavent to the value of his music. He is a talented song writer, he writes most of his own music, he can play the hell out of a guitar and his drummer rocks, it's nothing earth shattering, it's nothing new, it's nothing we haven't heard before.......but it ain't bad.

I learned quite some time ago that if i was going to widdle music down to it's core value and orginality and intelligence, I would have like 5 records in my house,

1) Pink Floyd, Umma Gumma, 2)Pink Floyd, Piper At The Gates of Dawn 3) Silver Apples, self titled 3)Neu #1 red&white cover 4)Can, Ege Bam Yasi (spell?) 5) Velvet Underground, White Light WHite Heat.

I believe everybody who plays rock & roll today owes a little something to all of these bands, who were rockin before i was even born, pre-1970.

Everything I listen to, I can attribute to one of the bands mentioned above.

and Henry Rollins can suck a big one for all I care, Mr, Punk Rock himself sold his soul along time ago to a capitalist publishing company and for a life in Hollywood, I guess I could have a "TV PArty Tonight" and probably find him as some extra, suckin Mel Gibsons dick...'

what a fuck he is.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

By Gee on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 07:25 pm:

uhmm...I'm not sure what exactly Mel did to be dragged into your vision of smut, but in the future let's just leave his Gibness alone, please.

By Rhiannon on Friday, June 25, 1999 - 09:35 pm:

I understand what you're saying, W. But when you've got to listen to your friends rave about his sexiness while you're trying to fall asleep or start crying, whatever will make them stop first, you tend to get a little testy.

I love reading H. Rollins' writings, if only for the amusement of watching him claim to have no feelings on page 3, then pour out his passionate love for some angelic woman in the most emotional terms imaginable on page 6. He does have some nice imagery, though.

By J on Saturday, June 26, 1999 - 01:17 pm:

Margert,Henrey Rollins is funny too,loved Black Lab,and I would have his spawn so quick,you.d see colors.

By Waffleboy on Saturday, June 26, 1999 - 02:18 pm:

oi vey....his neck is so thick, you think he can touch his own head?

By Margret on Saturday, June 26, 1999 - 03:26 pm:

Who cares?
    I know I probably wouldn't strangle him if I wrapped my thighs around it.
    That's something.
    Ooooh.
    Think the damned meatmobile is acting up. Need to get some damned engine honey for it or something so it stops besetting me with salacious imagery.
    My thighs around the neck of Hank.
    Oooh.

By Markus on Tuesday, June 29, 1999 - 04:42 pm:

That explains my natural attraction to a 7ft devil with elephant feet, a 25 inch tongue, polka dot skin, a fish snout, and two phallic eyes that jut out like hard erotic pokers. I'd been wondering about that.

Swine, I was on Randalls Island on Saturday with comped tix. The unspeakable acts were easily avoided. The Guinness, while obvious a domestic vintage, was pour-your-own. Black 47, as always, sucked ass; I'm going to have to put my foot up Larry Kirwan's ass real soon now. My lads in the Saw Doctors, however, were good to talk to again, though I've heard their stuff far too often by now.

Stopped by the Strand, of course, where fifteen minutes in their rare book room cost me twice as much as the rest of the trip combined. Also made it to some stellar pubs and a minor league game in Trenton.

A satisfactory trip, all around. Thought I'd run into you on the street, but you must not have been out that day.

By Swine on Wednesday, June 30, 1999 - 04:27 pm:

yeah.
    i dunno.
    the irish weren't motivating me to trek all the way out to randall's that saturday.
    especially when their rich culture was being tainted by the likes of booty and his aqua-ho's.

the strand...
    is that "the strand" as in that bookstore on fulton and gold? (downtown manhattan by the seaport)
    that's about four blocks away from my office. i must have walked between my gym (off of fulton) and my office at least 4 times on saturday, so i could've run into you on the street.
    who knows.

i just talked to my brother. the OAS is pulling out of haiti, so he's flying up here from 7/19 to 8/3. i guess he's gonna try to pull some connections here in NYC and down in DC to secure some sloppy gig in kosovo.

get out of one hell-hole and go straight into another.

you two probably have a few things in common.

By Swine on Wednesday, June 30, 1999 - 04:48 pm:

by the way, how did the search for tom waits tickets go?

i forgot all about following up on rumours of that tour.

he's irish, right?

the show of the year for me will be seeing the roots and vernon reid performing prince's "1999" at the brooklyn academy of music

phat.

By Markus on Wednesday, June 30, 1999 - 06:27 pm:

That's the Strand's annex. The main store ("8 Miles of Books") is on Broadway and 12th.

At the Fleadh, ran into some geek sporting a Waits tour '99 T-shirt. Dragged him off behind the portapotties, and forced him to talk. He said he TW did three shows in LA and also SF a couple months back. This guy was on some (apparently semi-official) website with related mailing list that he claimed he had rapped with Tom's manager on for a while. Then the people on the list were offered tix, and he scooped front row all three nights. But "it was such a headache for Waits, he probably won't do it that way next time". It all failed to connect completely, and the guy was an incoherent idiot. But the important news was that more shows were in the works in the near future for NYC or elsewhere on the East Coast, so keeping a weather eye out would be worthwhile. He seemed to think that the Town Hall was a likely venue.

Does your brother need a caddie? I really need to get out of here. I've currently got a deal with a Kosovar refugee to teach me Albanian. The kicker is, all seven of the people in this country who know Albanian speak the standard Tosk dialect from the south, and in Kosovo they speak the mutually unintelligible northern Gheg dialect, which is what I'm getting. Also know basic Serbo-Croatian, can drink slivovitz without visible damage, and know how many fingers to hold up to whom (three to Serbs, two to Albanians, and one to the French.)

By Waffleboy on Wednesday, June 30, 1999 - 06:43 pm:

yeah Tom Waits played here, tix were $75 a pop. Would have loved to go, didn't have $150 to spring for tix..oh well.....

By Waffleboy on Wednesday, June 30, 1999 - 08:30 pm:

hey mark (thomas) saw your blurb on www.disgruntledhousewife.com ...amusing...reminds me of find those half burned Hustlers in the woods when I was 10.....I have though of "giving Back" to my hood by donating my few copies of Penthouse (god what an awful birthday gift, it just keeps coming every month, although the Richard Kern cover recently rocked...) to neighborhood pre-pubescent boys...........ahhhh the gift of giving

By J on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 02:31 pm:

I posted on the housewife site,thought I did anyway,but looked under T,and it,s not there,maybe I shouldn,t have put his phone#.I can tell it,s been updated.I,m going to try again.

By wisper on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 07:26 pm:

i think it's time we asked this question again, like the Batman sign up in the clouds...

SWINE, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US??

..and i miss Fetidbeaver like hell too.
    Dinner Lady?
    at least Jim came back.

why must we always call some people back....

By Antigone on Tuesday, July 17, 2001 - 07:48 pm:

Three words: Mark Thomas

By R.C. on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 04:53 am:

Just wanted to give a shoutout to His Swiness.

Glad to know thou art still among the living, bro.

By R.C. on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 04:56 am:

MARGRET!?! {{{XOXOX}}}

Did you get married?

Are you blissfully happy?

Did Sorabjites show up for yr wedding?

Are there pictures posted?

By J on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 05:52 pm:

Maybe Swine is on vacation or just busy being a d.j on 365,but Big Kevin got a girl and that's all he wrote and where is Markus?

By cyst on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 07:36 pm:

today I got e-mail from markus saying that he received my christmas card.

By semillama on Monday, July 23, 2001 - 10:01 am:

margret got married. unsure if any of us showed up. she's around here somewhere. I think some of the missing (sauch as YOU, R.C - who told you you could leave?) are starting to show back up, which is good, so they can learn about sorabji in the French Quarter Oct.19-21.

By R.C. on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 02:45 pm:

I hear ya. But who's going to volunteer to kidnap His Markness & bring him along?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact