You read this!!!!!

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: You read this!!!!!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Waffleboy on Tuesday, June 29, 1999 - 06:28 pm:

By Wisper on Tuesday, June 29, 1999 - 06:39 pm:

uhm......
    I'm just sitting here, reading these letters, with my mouth open...don't know what to say yet,
    uhm.......
    I kinda want a Frosty....

LMAO!

By Mala-dicta on Wednesday, June 30, 1999 - 02:42 pm:

I laughed,I cried,then I felt so violated.

By Gee on Thursday, July 1, 1999 - 02:44 am:

Wait a minute...

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Thursday, July 1, 1999 - 11:43 am:

"I wanted to say today to my register-person that my penis was broad. 'My dick is broad,' I would say, or 'Do you understand how broad my cock is?' Maybe simply, 'The breadth of my penis.' What's the point? There are times when ambiguity is not a failure to tend to a specific concern, but rather, is an articulation of the limits of concern, without which we are certainly nobody."

"Today I had a Biggie. Usually I just have a small, and refill. Why pay more? But today I needed a Biggie inside me. Some days, I guess, are like that. Only a Biggie will do. You wake up and you know: today I will get a Biggie and I will put it inside me and I will feel better. One time I saw a guy with three Biggies at once. One wonders not about him but about what it is that holds us back."

Waffledude-- I am impressed. Why don't I ever find anything so sureal?

By Dave on Friday, July 2, 1999 - 01:47 am:

That is so profound.

By Big Daddy on Friday, July 2, 1999 - 02:12 am:

Dave Thomas,I mean.

By Amada Reckonwith on Friday, July 2, 1999 - 08:18 pm:

I don't think I'll ever feel the same about Wendy. I'm hurt and, then again, I'm pleased to discover she finally is being recognized for the woman she really is.

Yes, I've banged a burger or two lo these past few years but there's really nothing like Wendy!

By Suzy on Saturday, July 3, 1999 - 12:33 am:

I think I am disturbed by this.... Ummmmmmm.... Yeah! I'm disturbed by this.

By Abraxas on Saturday, July 3, 1999 - 01:17 am:

You know,
    Dave Thomas was really a hamburger man,,,,,,

He followed the Colonel in chicken shit.....

And the Colonel wasn't really a Colonel,
    he was a pressure cooker salesman.....

So what my feeble mindspace wants to know,
    Is "Is Ronald McDonald a clown" ??????

I think the he is part of a global conspiracy to undermine the sensibilities of atheist public school children, so that they don't bitch when the developer pollutes their water rights....

By Lucy Phurre on Saturday, July 3, 1999 - 02:47 pm:

I used to know this guy who told me a (possibly apocryphal) story about how he and his friends were out partying in Baltimore.

Now, there's not a whole hell of a lot to do when you're drunk and in Baltimore, so they stole one of those huge inflatable Ronald McDonalds off of the top of a McDonald's, deflated it, and put it in the trunk of their car.
    They drove very carefully, so they were surprised when they got pulled over.
    It seemed that, unbeknownst to them, the Ronald had partially reinflated itself and was trailing for about 20 feet behind the car.
    The cop was almost laughing too hard to say to them "I think we've got you for *chortle* McKidnapping"
    The cop thought it was so funny that he just took the inflatable Ronald.

By Gee on Sunday, July 4, 1999 - 02:40 am:

McDonald's was officially founded by Ray Kroc in 1955 and the way it all began is a true success story, one which would eventually revolutionize the entire resturant industry.

In 1954, Ray Kroc was a 55 year old salesperson for Multimixer, a six-spindled milkshake machine that was the state of the art for the drugstores and resturants at the time. Two of his customers were Mac and Dick McDonald who owned one drive-in resturant in San Bernardino, California and were using an amazing eight Multimizers in their small operation when one was the norm. After carefully observing their routine, he became fascinated by the simplicity of their system - each step in the preperation of their limited menu was stripped to its essence and accomplished with a minimum of effort. Their prices were low and the enthusiasm of their steady stream of customers made him realize that this was the "golden opportunity" he'd been looking for.

But when he approached the McDonald brothers about expanding their business into a chain of units, they were less than enthusiastic, being more than happy with their quiet, California lifestyle. Although with his natural entrepreneurial spirit he found their reluctance amazing, he was undaunted and suggested they get somebody else to open the other locations for them. When they wondered who they could find who would want to "go to all that trouble", he, naturally, suggested himself.

He acquired the rights to franchise copies of their operation across the United States, picturing the hundreds of Multimixers they would use, not yet visualizing their success in terms of hamburgers. His first resturant was opened in 1955 in Des Plaines, Illinois and for years, he continued to expand while struggling with getting the business into shape, learning as he went along, perfecting the overriding principle upon which McDonald's was built: to give QSC and V - Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Value. In 1961, Ray Kroc bought out the McDonald brothers for $2.7 million and McDonald's Coperation was on its way to making history.

By 1965, there were over 700 resturants in the United States and in 1988, McDonald's opened it's 10, 000th resturant in Washington, D.C. McDonald's now has over 25, 000 resturants in more than 110 countries around the world including Germany, France, England, the Caribbean, Japan, Central and South America, Australia and Russia. A new McDonald's is opening somewhere in the world every six hours, living testiment to one man's vision.

If you'd like to read more about the McDonald's story, two excellent books are "Grinding it Out", by Ray Kroc, and "McDonald's Behind the Arches", by John F. Love; both are available in local libraries and bookstores.

~~~~

That's from my McDonald's emplyee handbook. I worked at a McDonald's for a few months one summer and it was the hardest job I've ever had.

ihateditihateditihatedit.

I've never hated a group of people more than the people I worked with at M's. freaking spoiled little rich freaking brats who complain cuz their parents buy them cars for turning 16 and They have to pay for the insurance...poor poor babys!! go back to freaking jail, ya deadbeats.

Oh man, it still stings.

By Hey_hey_hey on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 05:41 am:

I once worked out in Oak Brook - a suburb of Chicago. One day we rented a conference room at the McDonalds campus. I kid you not - they have a school out there. It is a large campus with a lake (not a pond) in the middle.

The funniest thing was that they had a French restaurant there... Real gourmet French food on a McDonalds campus. That was surreal...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact