Confused and not amused.

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Confused and not amused.
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Pink Eye on Sunday, July 4, 1999 - 10:12 am:

Here are some facts pertaining to my "friend"( ex-girlfriend ), which confuse me and lead me to think it's not over. Mind you, she doesn't want the commitment.

She hates the thought of me never speaking to her again--she's going to law school( 2 1/2 hrs. away ).
    She wants me to take time off from work to see her when she's at school.
    She still calls.
    Still mails.
    Wants me to take breaks with her at work.
    She wants me to hug and kiss her when leaving work.
    We still have sex every once in awhile.
    She professes her love for me.
    At one point, she tried to make me promise that I would never go out( just for fun ) with these 2 gals from work--I laughed in her face.
    She stops by before work every now and then.

Is this a twisted, cruel joke? Maybe I should go to the liquor store, make a purchase, come home and ponder this mockery...

By G. Tell on Sunday, July 4, 1999 - 01:00 pm:

Well, Pink Eye it appears that you have become a lap puppy for a woman who is looking for something that she considers better than you. This selfish woman gets all the things she needs from you without having to put out anything for you. But you know all this PE or you wouldnt have called it "mockery".
    Forget the drinking alone thingy and go down to your neighborhood bar. Talk to a trucker about shitty relationships. After a 4 hours of heavy drinking and more confessions than a Best of Springer, you'll end up crying on his burly, flannel covered shoulder, happy that all the planets in you universe are once again aligned.
    You will have determined:
    The relationship is indeed a "mockery"
    That you either continue being an emotional wreck being pulled around like a 6 year old with ADD in one of those kid-harness-leash thingers or you will begin treating her EXACTLY the way she treats you (if you can seperate church and state)and begin looking for someone worthy of your affections.
    That liquor makes you do strange things.

By Pink Eye on Sunday, July 4, 1999 - 03:10 pm:

Flannel scares me...must be the liquor talking.

I think it's time to turn into Billy-bad-ass. The good guys never get ahead. I have cared way, WAY too much about the feelings of others. Where does it get me? Trampled on. Beware women. Pink's gonna take you for a wicked ride!

I still feel like shit...

James, please sing me to sleep.

By Draven on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 03:12 am:

Pink eye...it's pretty simple. Stop taking crap from her. She's gonna keep on walking all over you until you do something about it. I agree, turn into a Bad Ass cause you know what? It'll make you feel a whole lot better when you lose this baggage of yours. If you go a chance with someone else, dude go for it. Screw your ex and stop playing on her terms. Just give her 2 words............SUCK IT!!!!

By Pink Eye on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 03:20 am:

Ahh Draven, spoken so eloquently.

I tried so long ago to end it. Always reneging to spare her heartache. Giving her something to believe in, while I knew better. Draven, 2 words:

FUCK THAT!

By Draven on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 03:34 am:

Dude, you're giving into her too badly. Just tell her straight up...LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE. By sparing her heartache, you're just creating one for yourself. Time to start thinking about yourself. Or if worse comes to worse and you do see the light. Do what I did, put a restraining order on the ex....lol...sorry...funny memories now that I think about it. Got it so the manipulative little bitch couldn't come within 100 feet of me. That ended things pretty quick for the both of us. Just need to find that attitude that she stole away from you.

By Pink Eye on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 03:41 am:

This is one of those fucked-up relationships.

Restraining order, hmmm, some how I think I'd get screwed, she's going to law school and her Aunt is a lawyer already.

Best to fuck with her the ol' fashioned way. Fuckin', devious mind games( a popular sport that I like. Ages 6 on up ).

By Draven on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 03:47 am:

Well, she's playing the mind game thing for sure. Stringing you along till something better comes her way. That is such a shitty thing to do. You know what??? I don't blame ya one bit to play the games. Sometimes you just gotta get down and dirty and sink to someone's level. If anything, it's for a piece of mind. By the way, drinking by yourself ain't gonna do shit. Go out with the guys, get drunk and and break some hearts (or crack some skulls if no suitable ladies present themselves). Wish I was around, I'd love to mess this girl up.

By Dave on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 03:49 am:

Go to bed, both of you.

By Pink Eye on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 03:53 am:

She's a refined piece of crap. Nothing can budge her, unless it's her own short-comings. Then it's a classic, "please help me get my life together." Been there, done that( way too many times ).

Bad boys rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Pink Eye on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 03:55 am:

Daaave

I can't go to bed.

By Draven on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 04:02 am:

Hmmmmmm...sounds like a prissy type to me. Hard to believe that you'd even be with her in the first place. Fuck her and her life. Tell her that you want to get your own life togeather and she's screwing it up for you. If she wasn't around I'm sure you'd be alot happier. Start playing on those little short comings of hers. You'd be surprised how fast someone gets ticked off when you start pointing out the flaws. Just remember one thing, nice guys finish last and that's always going to be the case. Bad boys rule because we all don't give a damn. Got enough problems to deal with in life, don't need a head case girl making it worse. Just remember one thing though when you engage in the games......

Have alot of fun with it!!!!!!!!

By Draven on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 04:02 am:

I would goto bed but I'm working.

By Pink Eye on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 04:07 am:

Let thee games begin!!!!!

By Pink Eye on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 04:22 am:

Holy christ...sorry you're workin' today. Really I am. This is the holiest of all workdays. Our indpendence, our freedom. 'Course that was yesterday. Slave on!

By Draven on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 05:02 am:

That's allright man.

By Gee on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 06:27 am:

um...maybe she just still likes you and is afraid of something. Or is that too obvious?

By Bagpuss on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 08:47 am:

Umm, she doesn't LIKE you, she isn't afraid of making the last step, she isn't a special friend, she's not confused.

You'll do until something better comes along, and then you'll probably wait in the wings then too.

Just say no.

You've already lost the mind games.

By R.C. on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 02:26 pm:

Pi nkEye -- whatever you do/pls. do NOT turn into an asshole Bad Boy. You hardly seem the type. And that's a good thing.

A 2.5 hr. commute isn't a big deal. So this chick obviously wants to keep you on a long leash while she's checking out the pickins' at law school. Don't let mer play you like that.

S'obvious she doesn't genuinely care abt you. She just wants to keep you on standby. But even that's no reason to play head games w/her. Just dump her. See whomever strikes yr fancy. And be yr usual sweet self.

Becuz Murphy's Law: The 1st day you decide to start acting like a Bad Boy/the girl of yr dreams will show up. You'll meet her & she'll end up dissing you for being such a jerk.

By Pink Eye on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 02:30 pm:

No waiting here, man. The mind games are in my favor. She has a difficult time of letting people go, this is from her lips.

By Pink Eye on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 02:34 pm:

R.C.--

I'm tired of getting shit on( probably you too ). Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

By Pink Eye on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 02:43 pm:

...maybe I'll try the frozen foods section, under ice cream...*wink*

By J on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 02:59 pm:

No, get a big frozen tuna and wack her around some.She,s a bitch,cut off all contact with her,That,s just how you have to do them,never even speak to her again.It,s the best way you can help yourself.

By R.C. on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 05:38 pm:

Jaayyyy! NO brutality against women! Unless she belts you 1st.

But cutting off all contact sounds like the right move. Don't give her a chance to twist the knife any further, PE. No calling you from law school to bitch abt how boring tort classes are.

BTW -- the ice cream section in a 24-hr. supermarket after 12:00 a.m. really *is* a good place to meet women. Esp. singles. We all end up there sooner or later.

By R.C. on Monday, July 5, 1999 - 05:40 pm:

And you're not "damned if you do/damned if you don't". Just dump her. Once you do/you'll find all sorts of pretty butterflies catching yr eye. Newly- single males give off very strong pheremones.

But so do deeply-in-love males...

By Gee on Tuesday, July 6, 1999 - 01:15 am:

cynics.

Did I spell that right?

By Pink Eye on Tuesday, July 6, 1999 - 03:08 am:

yes, you did.

an amazing word at that.

By Waffleboy on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 12:35 pm:

women menstruating give off even stronger phermones, my wife did her senior thesis on it, very interesting,

Pink Eye, listen up, here's the delio, shag her silly if it pleases you, walk her to her car if it PLEASES YOU, let her call, let her mail (answ machine work reeel nice here), let her make an ass out of herself, if she doesn't get the clues, thats her problem. Bottom line, she will do what she wants to do and you will do what you want to do, there is no altruism in love. If you want to go out with the two girls from work and shag them in the same bed, go for it, as long as you have made your intentions clear to this other girl, there is nothing more you can do. People are responsible for their own actions and not someone else's.

Do what you want to do, and if she doesn't get it, then that's HER problem not yours,

GEEEEZE, wise up to clingy girls, my male friends.

By Lucy Phurre on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 03:29 pm:

I just cut off all connections with an ex who was doing that shit to me.
    It had ceased to be a relationship in October.
    Since then, it's been more or less a war of attrition.
    His habit (mentioned elsewhere) was the last straw. I have spent too many sleepless nights worrying about him.

Fuck it.

Don't let her do that shit to you.

By Antigone on Wednesday, July 7, 1999 - 10:12 pm:

I've got to agree with the "just dump her" line. I've been in this situation twice. First time I stayed with her when she wanted to be "friends that fuck" after we broke up. Unfortunately I'm not capable of just being "friends that fuck" and I couldn't help being emotionally attached. When she started dating someone else it really ripped me up.

This time around when I got in a similar situation I just left. No stringing along for either of us. It's muuuuch better that way.

By Pink Eye on Thursday, July 8, 1999 - 09:30 am:

Thanks to all!

I have had a couple long talks with her since last posting. We had a lot to say and understand. I know with her law school junket, it tearin' her apart. She has to start over. Any person would be afraid of failure--which she's always been prone to. She'll always have my support and I believe she's counted on that.

I don't know where we'll be in year. I hope for the best...that's my downfall.

It's a good day today. Again, thanks for all who have cotributed.

By Almond on Friday, June 16, 2000 - 06:15 pm:

so, did you dump her or what?

By Noodle on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 05:50 am:

I think that noise in the background was something getting hitched up...

By dvv on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 08:58 pm:

"Where is big Joan. . . . she let me use her toothbrush and spent many an interesting hour"

By Thank YOu on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 09:00 pm:

Those bomber jackets with the pink stiletto heels embroidered on the back have arrived. Please pick them up at your earliest convenience. We're closing early tonight.
    I'll meet you at the all night clothiers later on as usual.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact