Hilary Clinton deserves a little credit, ya think?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Hilary Clinton deserves a little credit, ya think?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Waffles on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 03:13 pm:

OK, so i read this story about what Hilary said of Bill and his promiscuity. And you know, never mind his actions, but I have admire her for her fortitude and empathy. If what she said about him and their relationship is true, I think it's extremely admirable

if you are clueless go here......
    http://cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/08/01/first.lady.interview.02/

Of course it's always hard to accept what someone says in politics and culture as 100% fact, but the fact that she recognizes his problem, gives it creedance but doesn't, as she said, "negate everything else he has done as a father and husband"

I think many super feminists were highly criticle of her when she made it clear she wasn't leaving him, but yet, i think her actions and words diplay a strength admirable in either men or women, she supercedes sex with strength like that..assuming she is being honest, assuming that wasn't fabricated by the white house press machine....

thoughts anyone

By J on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 04:18 pm:

I don,t believe her anymore than him,I don,t trust her anymore than him,but I do think she,s the brains in that little business partnership.I worry about Buddy.

By on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 11:38 pm:

By Lucy Phurre on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 03:15 pm:

Do you know how many presidents we have had who did not have affairs while in office?

Carter & Truman (and Carter lusted in his heart.)

This whole affair thing is not even remotely significant (except as an indicator that the right has absolutely no valid argument against Clinton). It's right-wing bullshit.

As for his integrity, I would rather have RUMORS (Starr turned to the "he got a blowjob" attack when he could turn up absolutely NO PROOF OF WRONGDOING in Whitewater) of a bad land deal, than the fucking Iran-Contra scandal or CIA drug running.
    I wonder, how many of you here even remember those things?
    Jesus, the American attention span is a disgrace.

As for Hillary Clinton being intelligent, that is pure misogyny from right-wing assholes like fucking Fallwell, who want to keep us barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen, and who, imho, should be fed to the goddamn lions.
    That whole "Hillary is the power behind the throne" line of bullshit is just mysoginistic white males bitching b/c the First Lady does something besides bake coookies.

And the President is always going to listen to his wife...I would rather have Clinton listening to Hillary than Reagan listening to Nancy's astrologer. (And let me see a show of hands on who remembers that)

Sorry, I'm just getting really irritated with the US's Praetorian Media.

By Lucy Phurre on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 03:16 pm:

Oops...was that my outside voice?
    Sorry.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 04:22 pm:

One other president who stayed faithful: Ulysses S. Grant. He was a bad president but a very good man (kinda like Jimmy Carter), and he loved his wife and kids very much.

My favorite story concerning him:

Grant and some of his military advisors were sitting around a table, talking about, you know, the war or something. One man slyly looks around, and starts telling a naughty story, prefacing it by saying, "I see there are no ladies present..." Grant said, "No, but there are gentlemen." Shut that man up but good!

He was tone deaf, and he once said "I know two songs. One is Yankee Doodle, the other isn't."

He's my favorite president, if you're allowed to have one of those.

By Semillama on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 06:34 pm:

How about the closeted gay president, he wasn't married and had a live-in lover. no affair there. (I think it was Buchanan, but correct me if I am wrong.)

On the whole, though, pretty much every president was a shit.

By J on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 06:54 pm:

You are right it was Buchanan.

By Semillama on Tuesday, August 3, 1999 - 08:35 pm:

Point for me.

By FUCK Bill and Hillary on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 04:08 am:

Hillary, or as we know her, the bitch with the beer-keg legs. Hillary is a spaz. She wants New York to vote for her. They don't know what she stands for. She don't know what she stands for.
    And I think everything is true I hear about her.
    All of the people to disagree with her, have met with seriously bad fates. JFK Jr and the rest have all dies. weird?

She is a horny as him. She slept around in some fuckin hippie cult.

By semillama on Thursday, January 20, 2000 - 02:18 pm:

And you know this because you belive everything you hear about Hillary?

You wouldn't happen to be one of them thar Dittoheads, whould ya?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact