Must....have....chocolate......

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Must....have....chocolate......
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, August 31, 1999 - 10:16 pm:

Can anyone, like, fax me some? Please?

I just spent the past 45 minutes trying to find a machine on campus that sells any chocolate. That would be ANYTHING chocolate at this point. I'm past being picky. I haven't had any in 6 days and I'm starting to go through withdrawal.

But do I find any chocolate? Nooooo. I find Twizzlers and Skittles and Starburst and Rice Krispy Treats and Butterscotch Krimpets and even Poptarts (strawberry, no less) BUT NO CHOCOLATE. ANYWHERE.

Did you know that chocolate calms anxiety? If you eat enough of it (oh, around 25 pounds) you'll feel high? That it lowers cholesterol? It's all true.

When I was in Las Vegas, I went to the Ethel M chocolate factory and watched it being made and helped myself to 3 free samples. That's good stuff, there. I was looking at their catalog a few minutes ago but had to put it away because I was drooling over it like a teenaged boy.

Ethel M is too good for me anyway. My tastes are strictly lowbrow -- I only really like Hershey's chocolate. I visited that factory (which is blessedly only 2 hours away from home) too. No free samples, though. The streets smell like chocolate. The streetlights are in the shapes of kisses. When I die, I will end up there. At the rate I'm going, it won't be long now.

By Antigone on Tuesday, August 31, 1999 - 10:45 pm:

Chocolate may help increase serotonin levels in the brain.

My prescription: a bag of Hershey's kisses, full spectrum lighting, and a daily dose of St John's Wort. You'll bliss out. And if you're don't at least you get to eat a bag of chocolate.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, August 31, 1999 - 10:58 pm:

Tomorrow I will walk to the store (which, coincidentally, is the Acme you see in The Sixth Sense when the little boy gets a pumpkin) and get me some of those kisses. It's about 2 miles away, but it's worth it! I bet I won't need the lighting or the St. John's Wort, either, once I open that bag. Let's just hope I don't eat the whole thing in one day.

By Cyst on Wednesday, September 1, 1999 - 04:07 am:

chocolate's great. lately I've been experimenting with consuming large quantities of baklava.

how much baklava should one eat? here a serving size is four pieces. I like to eat seven.

By Rhiannon on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 01:01 pm:

By J on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 03:37 pm:

I could almost give up sex fo Reece Cups.

By J on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 03:38 pm:

I could almost give up sex for Reece Cups.

By Waffles on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 03:46 pm:

bite your tongue

By Rhiannon on Thursday, September 2, 1999 - 03:50 pm:

Mmmm....those ARE good. They go too fast though. It's like you think you just sit there, but then you look down and see that you ate them both without noticing.

I got me that bag of kisses. I've been good and have only had 10 so far...my goal is for the bag to last a week. Let's see if it works.

By MoonUnit on Friday, September 3, 1999 - 01:40 am:

Reece Cups?
    Explain.

mmm Cadburys

By Gee on Friday, September 3, 1999 - 03:22 am:

Reece's Peanut Butter Cups. Peanut butter (smooth or cruchy, take your pick) covered with chocolate. There's also the one with cookie in it. (I think an oreo type cookie. I'm not sure.) And there's the little Reece's Peices, which are peanut butter with a thin chocolate shell. Of all of them, I like the peices the best. Weren't they in ET?

By J on Friday, September 3, 1999 - 09:30 am:

Yea Gee,Reece,s pieces were in E.T.,welcome back,how was Caifornia?

By Gee on Friday, September 3, 1999 - 04:23 pm:

Wonderful. =o)

By Wisper on Saturday, September 4, 1999 - 05:46 am:

Fererro Rocher, mutha fukka.
    you dont even want to know what I'd do for those things. Heaven in foil wrapping, I tell you.
    (Did I spell that right?)

By Nelly on Sunday, September 5, 1999 - 12:37 am:

In 4th grade, i moved to a school where once in a long while, for dessert with our school lunch, we would get a little cube of fudge. It was real good stuff too, not the gooey homemade-with-marshmallow-cream stuff your mama made. People would trade their entire lunch for that little cubic centimeter of fudge.

This was the school that rewarded you for cleaning your plate (canned yam patties, canned spinach, salmon loaf) with a piece of white bread with butter liberally spread on it. Kids would line up...

By J on Tuesday, September 7, 1999 - 09:06 am:

When I was in grade school,they made jello with fucking shredded cabbabage in it,this bitch Mrs.Neimann made me eat the shit and I puked in front of eveyone in the cafeteria.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact