Sorabji

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Sorabji
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Notreallyhere on Friday, September 10, 1999 - 08:03 pm:

l. Is Mark A. Thomas a virtual recluse on his own website? Or does he ascribe to the "less is more" theory?

2. Those receipts. Psychological or any other explanation, please. I've looked at every one, which probably says something about my state of mind.

3. Thanks.

By Nate on Friday, September 10, 1999 - 11:20 pm:

1. you think he would associate with scum like us?

2. you're falling for his trap.

3. fuck you, you ass.

By Notreallyhere on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 01:24 am:

I was just curious, really curious, as a matter of fact. Obviously this is a closed site with mysterious rules re the etiquette of posting. Nate, have you ever read TS Eliot's letters? He would be a good influence; he knew something about subtlety. And he had good manners.

By Gee on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 01:51 am:

I will not laugh, I will not laugh.

(teeheehee)

I will not laugh...again.

By J on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 02:08 am:

Oh,I have no interest in Nate,I don,t babysit,but I do have a beautiful daughter that will be 21 on the 26th of this month,where can
    we go with this?Anybody.

By Antigone on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 03:35 am:

Where exactly were you thinking of taking it...?

By J on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 03:43 am:

Trying to get her away from this man that is my age and is a creep.

By Lawanda on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 11:16 am:

Etiquette? Here? I didn't know that. Closed site too? How'd I get in here then? I don't remember a password or anything.

The only rule here is that in any given thread, we are to automatically change the subject.

NotReally-opens subject
    Nate-standard welcome to sorabji
    NotReally-addresses subject
    Gee-comment, but not really changing subject
    J-makes the bold move into changing the subject, atta girl!
    Antigone-comment on non-subject item.
    J-new subject
    Lawanda-downhill (or uphill depending on your mood) from here.

By Waffles on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 01:44 pm:

and waffles steady and surely adds absolutely nothing by telling you a story of how his wife polished his anus with a blow away rim job in a friends garage while watching fireworks in the distance at dodger stadium while doing lines off the bumper of a 67 caddy

RIGHT!!!

By Antigone on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 04:40 pm:

Man, Waffles, that's...

It's really...

Hm...

I, uh...

Yah.

By Nate on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 05:16 pm:

you're so damn predictable waffles.

By Agatha on Saturday, September 11, 1999 - 06:01 pm:

don't mind nate, the fy,ya is his standard greeting for all. he comes from a different planet. i spilled coffee all over our keyboard this morning and ruined it, i think i like this new one better because the keys click a lot more and make me feel as though i am typing REALLY fast. nate and simon: read your email.

By Gee on Sunday, September 12, 1999 - 01:50 am:

My friend Jerry just sent me a new book of David Lee poems, and a tape of him reading some of his poems. The book is signed to me, from my friend Jerry and David Lee.

Jerry knows I like David Lee. He tells me David Lee poems are best heard live, because of the tone and body movement David Lee puts into his readings. We both know it's a long shot David Lee will ever come to Toronto, but Jerry gets to see him a lot since he lives in Utah.

So Jerry went and bought me a David Lee book, and had it signed (my name and Everything!) and taped some readings off of his David Lee CD, and sent it all to me without telling me and I got it today, on a Saturday, when mail isn't supposed to be delivered. I never would have even noticed it, if we hadn't ordered a pizza. A surprise on top of a surprise.

I think this is one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. I wish he were here right now so I could hug him and gush.

Happy Lawanda? Subject change. =o)

By Fetidbeaver on Sunday, September 12, 1999 - 08:46 am:

Waffles, did she polish that anus with turtle wax?

By Fetidbeaver on Sunday, September 12, 1999 - 08:58 am:

Antigone, bear with me I'm computer illiterate and confused now. You previously had listed IP numbers of: 209.240.200.147 and 209.240.197.41 for me.
    I went to a page the other day that is suppose to show every thing about you, anyway it gave me these addresses: 209.240.200.96
    all from my fetidbeaver address at different times of the day. What gives? Doesn't (shouldn't) it stay the same????

By Fetidbeaver on Sunday, September 12, 1999 - 09:03 am:

By Simon on Sunday, September 12, 1999 - 03:52 pm:

I think my all time favorite David Lee poem is the one that starts off like, "Might as well jump, yeah, go ahead and jump."

My second favorite one is about a young girl who's always crying.

A friend of mine loaned me the David Lee CD too, but he was reading other peoples' poetry on it, so I gave it back.

Jerry Lee... he married his 14 year-old cousin and then drowned her, right?

By Antigone on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 01:29 am:

Beav, all of the IPs listed are proxy servers for SWBell internet service. They apparently all have domain names like proxy-X.public.paix.webtv.net and proxy-X.public.rwc.webtv.net where "X" is a three digit number. I suppose all of the web requests that I put out are routed through these proxies, which is a pretty common practice with ISP's. A proxy picks up all of my web requests and forwards them out to the computer I want to contact. That way the ISP can do all sorts of fun things: check what I'm looking at, log my activity, screen out web pages it thinks are "innapropriate," etc.

By G.W.A. on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 01:32 am:

> what do you think. . . . .
    > http://privacy.net/anonymizer/

Nothing unexpected, really. What I'd like to know is how much of that
    information is actually available to the server. A good bit of it is
    embedded in the web page so that it only displays if a particular feature
    is active; thus, you see the answer, but for some of this, their server
    doesn't.

Of cours, the source machine and HTTP handshaking information is always
    available to the remote server.

The anonymizer.com address is nice, especially if you're from China and
    certain sites are banned...

By on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 01:42 am:

hey simon, are you joking about the jump part.. . .? you're just faking huh?

By Gee on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 02:20 am:

Simon - the tape Jerry sent me is David Lee reading his own poems. The way he reads "Mean"....man. man. It's fantastic.

Nobody writes poems about pigs like David Lee.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 08:16 am:

I'm always impressed when breeders acknowledge loving rimjobs too.

By Waffles on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 11:50 am:

im touched jim.....by the way...im fixed

By Pink on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 12:37 pm:

i wanna be fixed, too!!!!!!!!!!

By Simon on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 01:48 pm:

I've got that one too, Gee.

"This is home, this is mean street. This is home, the only one I know."

Wow.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 04:53 pm:

Fixed breeders. God love em!

By Waffles on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 05:24 pm:

i was actually lying........i am not fixed...i can't rule it out......it would cause a major riff with me and the wifey......however neither of us feel compelled to add to the distrubed youth problem in this society so we are holding off......never say never though

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 05:58 pm:

haha...

as difficult as it could be, for someone of my "persuation," I would like to raise a little one.

By Simon on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 07:21 pm:

And you'd probably do a better job of it than most of my persuasion does.

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 11:53 pm:

I think everyone, if given the chance -- and if they want to, can do it.

By Friendly on Monday, September 13, 1999 - 11:57 pm:

start off with stickbugs. i have 3 exatosoma popa that have begun laying eggs. they eat blackberry bramble and shit all over the place. the biggest one is about 5 inches long. this is about as interesting as talking about kids. my kid is better than yours.

By Simon on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 12:27 am:

The problem today is we have too many people who are given the chance but don't want to.

By Wavydave on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 01:27 am:

according to the rules...

I fractured/dislocated my wrist a few saturdays back.
    I have two screws sticking out of my wrist now.
    I will post pictures/x-rays as soon as they're available.

anyone interested?

By Cyst on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 01:30 am:

people who are given the chance but don't want to -- what is the problem?

By Wavydave on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 01:36 am:

yeah, what she said

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 08:13 am:

what he's saying is, there are too many out there who can procreate, just because the way nature is, yet have no parental instincts whatsoever.

did I say that ok, Simon?

By Simon on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 09:35 am:

yup. sorta.

More like, "Too many stupid people are having babies that they have no business bringing into the world."

By Waffles on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 11:29 am:

people are selfish, they have childeren for all the wrong reasons....."oh he/she will be so beautiful coming from us" "oh i want someone to carry MY name".........selfish bastards........I love it when people who are so so so set on having babies, yet can't due to medical problems, take all kinds of crazy drugs and go thru all kinds of crazy measures just to pop one out........why don't they adopt???.....if they have so much love to give a child, there are plenty up for adoption , but again they are so selfish .........of course they are many reasons why people have kids who don't deserve or need them.....everything from ignorance and control to mental issues....it's fucked up i say fucked up

By Jinafishes on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 11:44 am:

Yeah, not only that, but kids are a luxury and people don't seem to understand that when you have a yearly income of 20k, you just can't have 4 kids and a dog. Some people just don't understand and try to pull through with longer hours at work while their kid is at home being raised by the television while parents at work wanting the best for their child, when in essence, they should be there, at home, with only the kids they can afford, and making it good.

By Waffles on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 11:47 am:

RIGHT!

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 12:01 pm:

I'm marvelling at this intelligent conversation. Is it really happening? I certainly did not have the world's best upbringing, but I consider myself a very rounded person. I think sometimes a lack of strong parentage can be a catalyst in someone becoming a good parent themselves. Of course, it could work, and does, in the opposite way as well.

By J on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 12:05 pm:

I,m thinking of all these welfare "mothers"who have all these kids just for the welfare check to buy crack and let the kids live like dogs,I,m thinking of the kids of parents so fucked up on dope that they abuse them and even kill them.Did anyone hear about that 6 year old girl in California found chained to a bed?

By Waffles on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 12:16 pm:

well J, I would speculate that is an extreme case.....I don't really believe people have kids to cop a welfare check however, what is more plausable is the fact the these mothers, who are addicted to drugs, crack heroin, whathave you, get loaded and have sex without protection, they get knocked up, ignorant to Planned Parenthood, and just end up popping out babies...because they don't know any better....it's fucked up all the same.....I heard about acompany, that has a program that will sterilize woman addicted to drugs and they act as an adoption agency for these kids born with HIV and otherwise addicted to drugs. They mentioned some extreme cases of women who had had 10+ births while addicted to heroin or crack or whatever....it was sad, when they mentioned the amount of money it costs to take care of these childeren, no help from the mothers of course.....i was completely disturbed

By Jinafishes on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 12:28 pm:

Yeah, the orginization is called CRACK. Probly a homepage somewhere.

By J on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 01:30 pm:

Or people like Shaunna the bitch,I think she just had her kid because her x-husband remarried and had a baby,he always wanted kids,she,s the one that never did.She had new 7 years younger trophy(she thinks)husband put in jail cause he came home from a football game,he had a few beers in him and she started her shit.She made a point of taking the child in the other room to eat with her,so they wouldn,t have to eat with a drunk.She was always calling him a bluecollar worker and bragging that she made more $$$ than him,she was smarter,better,blah, blah ,blah,I feel sorry for him,and the little girl who she has already brainwashed.She tried to force my grandson to play with Maggie at my party,he wanted to play video games with the other kids,Maggie threw a temper tantrum.I said let Maggie go play video games with the rest of the kids,but MS.know it all said they were too violent(bugs life?Croc?Spiro?I don,t think so)her and Maggie play Barbie on her computer.She always looked down on my husband,even though he has a degree from A.S.U.,bachelor of science with distintion,cause when we first got married he got a job with a utility company,he started at the bottom,crawling through underground pipes in the heat.She was a fucking beaution for the love of God.Now he,s at the top,and it,s killing her.Where was I going with this? oh yea,so we have a domminating mother who has cut the father out as best she can and poor little Maggie doesn,t have a chance.She wll be the kind that comes to school with a gun and let,s loose.

By J on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 02:16 pm:

Kids need parents who will be there for them to help them with their homework,get them involved in sports or any kind of activity.They don,t need a parent too fucked up or too busy,because that parent is too busy trying to get to the top of the ladder.I didn,t work when my kids were little,I thought it was more important to watch my kids than having a new car,or getting my hair done,or a big screen t.v.,it,s a job.After you,ve done your job,how can you get rid of them?

By Fetidbeaver on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 05:46 pm:

What? Kids are a luxury? I thought they were a curse....hmm.....

By Waffles on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 05:55 pm:

tax shelter, status symbol, possession brought into the world by egomaniacs....(not all of course)

By Fetidbeaver on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 06:12 pm:

That's not what your mom told me :)

By Semillama on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 06:26 pm:

and eugenics starts to look good again...

of course, some form of eugenics (and it won't be called that) is going to have to start happening sooner or later, unless we get off the planet in a realistic manner.

In one of David Brin's books (the one i just finished), one of the rules of galactic civilization is no overbreeding because it plays hell with ecosystem and can wipe out valuable presentient species. So, any sapient race that practices unrestrained breeding is wiped out, made extinct. Pretty tough penalty.

By Waffles on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 06:26 pm:

THATS IT BEAV..........GLOVES OFF IM GONNA KICK YER ASS YOU MUTHAFUCKWADCUMSTAINEDDICKCHEESEFAIRYNURSEPIGSUCKER

seriously, she told me that as well when i was 18 and walking out the door to college...

By Fetidbeaver on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 06:31 pm:

I got luggage for my 18th birthday.

By Rain on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 08:29 pm:

I got kicked out of my house on my 18th b-day... For lending my father $200 of my OWN money. My mom didn't want giving him any money because she would probably like to see him suffer as much as possible. He is suffering though, and whether I gave him that money or not he was still going to suffer. He eventually paid me back anyway. This kind of goes back to that whole parent issue. My parents are all fucked up, but I turned out alright. Who knew? On the other hand, my siblings are not so okay. My sister is MEGA bitch and my little brother has a big fucking attitude problem. I have issues too, but the one thing that makes me stand out from the other whacko's in my family is that I am AWARE of my problems. I admit them. I don't try to stuff them down under the carpet and hide them. I seek help, I don't deny it. I really don't understand how people (namely my sister) can be so goddamned fucking rude and uhh...

whats that word?

full of themselves? I can never understand that. It just disgusts me. God, I feel sick. Blah blah fucking blah. That's all I hear when I hear them you know? LOL. Oh well.

She is so fucking lame.

Complain, complain... complain

Gotta go now I guess. She is complaining

But now she is trying to read over my shoulder so I will explain all later.

Ciao

By Jim aka PajamaBoy on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 08:01 am:

In Maryland last week, a father of two young children (ages 2 & 3) called police and said he had been carjacked and that the thief ran off with the car AND his kids.

The car was found a few miles away at a construction site. The children both shot in the chest. The 2 year old boy was dead on the scene. The 3 year old girl died the next day. The father then confessed to the murder.

His lawyers now say authorities coaxed the confession out of him.

When the fuck will this shit end?

By Pink on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 09:32 am:

never, James, never.

By Cyst on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 11:45 am:

women shouldn't have kids with such fuckups.

if anyone here ever tries to write cute little notes to someone in french, please remember that "tu me manques" means "you miss me" instead of "I miss you," which is what you probably mean. please remember not to make this mistake 40 email messages in a row, because the recipient might stop thinking your dyslexia or whatever is endearing, especially if that person does not especially miss you and wishes you would stop all that merde altogether. merci.

By Cyst on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 12:00 pm:

beware of dog people.

I have a friend who's a god person. I mean dog person. she likes all that unconditional, unmeaning love.

except she never took the goddamn dog for a walk. she was afraid to clip its nails because they were black and she couldn't see the quick.

I told her that if you walk a dog as much as you are supposed to, then the pavement wears away the excess nail.

that wretched half-wolf had the longest nails ever. he would jump up on you and get you dirty and tear your clothes.

I babysat for her husband's kids and the dog once, and the mailman came and the stupid fucking dog jumped through the fucking screen door and threatened the mailman. I ran out there, afraid of the growling shitty beast, but I grabbed its collar, hoping it wouldn't kill me. I weigh like 170 pounds, and it dragged me across the fucking lawn.

the mailman yelled at me -- "you otta be glad I had my hands full or I woulda maced that dog!"

like I fucking care.

she's one of those people who wanted a man who didn't love her to stay with her anyway. of course, she wanted him to love her, but she thought she could change him to make that happen. or something.

two years and one food-stamp baby and one alcoholic wal-mart stripper later, she finally realized she couldn't.

and she took the dog to the pound where he bit someone so she knew he'd get the gas instead of a new loving family.

By Cyst on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 12:12 pm:

another friend wrote me sad email about some girl he was chasing who apparently discouraged him in a significant way.

he told me how he was going to drink his troubles away, but apparently that didn't work, because he wrote to me again, saying that he decided to lay low for a month, throw out all his porno mags so he could properly obsess on her alone, and then resume the chase in a month or so.

he only likes perfectly beautiful teenage girls. occasionally he'll find one who'll fuck him because he's rich, but apparently she ain't one of them.

give up! find a new one! that's what I think.

if you want to be miserable, that's fine. but why try to make others miserable too? why did that poor young girl ever do that she needs to continually fend off some lecherous guy 15 years older than she is?

note to everyone: give up. this isn't the fucking movies. you don't deserve the starlet. he's clearly not your happy ending. and please keep me out of it beacuse this is what I will say.

By Swine on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 12:48 pm:

do me a favor.

keep me out of it, too.

By Cyst on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 08:18 pm:

only if you tell me a story.

By Swine on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 02:06 am:

all my stories are sordid nightmares.

trade in kind and we have a deal.

By J on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 02:29 am:

Swine,go back to bed.Now it,s time to say goodnight.sleep tight!!!

By Swine on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 02:49 am:

the answer is "E."

thanks for playing.

By Cyst on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 03:15 pm:

you pick the topic and I will tell a true story about it. and I'll stop complaining about my dear friends for a while.

topic for swine:

dalmatians

By Swine on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 11:59 pm:

topic for cyst:

cunnilingus.

i'll get around to typing up the story that vaguely has to do with dalmations sometime in the next couple days.

it's pretty long and pointless.

By Swine on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 12:27 am:

actually, i change my mind. i don't want to hear about your cunnilingus story.

well, unless it's about you performing it on some other woman. that could be interesting.

if that's not in your realm of experience, let's hear a story about guns. and drugs. and randy lesbian chicks with guns and drugs.

yeah.

anyway. it's either that or "bugs".

By Droop on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 01:03 am:

huh. i have a story about guns, but i won't tell it here and take up precious space needed for cunnilingus or armed lesbian stories.

a friend of mine has a dalmatian. it's hyperactive and neurotic. anybody who can write an interesting story about dalamtians is a better man than i am.

By Waffles on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 12:30 pm:

my dalmation Sir Dudley Do Right passed recently. I won't say my story was intersting but he was the best damned dog any boy could aks for . Loyal, loving, obedient and playful but also polite. Dalmations have a bad rap as far as being neurotic and hyper and often mean but it's just the owners...

By Nate on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 02:11 pm:

did you call him "Dud"?

By Waffles on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 02:46 pm:

Duds

By Nate on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 03:44 pm:

ah.

By Gee on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 06:37 pm:

I'm so glad I took the time to load this page.

By Nate on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 07:58 pm:

cool.

By Cyst on Saturday, September 18, 1999 - 01:33 am:

I like long and pointless stories, swine.

and I'm going to try to take my pathological self-obsession off the boards for a little while just for you, buddy, so post it soon.

lesbians and guns and drugs and cunnilingus. or bugs. I've been away and this is hard and my computer isn't set up yet -- give me a bit more time.

By Swine on Saturday, September 18, 1999 - 04:17 am:

don't bother vacating the premises on my pointless behalf. buddy.

i'm sure folks get all sorts of vacuous, vicarious, and/or vital fulfillment from your pathological self-obsession.

i was about to sit down and bang out the little dalmation story, but i'm far beer-frazzled and apathetic to give a shit. i'm not a big fan of long and pointless stories.

the ninth month of the triple-nine has hit me with way too many 10-year anniversary "what are you up to" voicemails. bachelor-party invites following-up wedding invitations i've already thrown out, childhood friends wanting to talk about our delinquent glory days, alumni organizers looking for blip info and new photos to stick next to old yearbook pictures.

i think i'm gonna blow off the thing with the transvestite hanging out near the savoy who had the puppy dalmation in favor of one of the old delinquency stories. they're on my mind anyway. and besides, the most interesting thing about the dalmation story was how the transvestite chased me down the street screaming "FAGGOT! FAGGOT!".

he nearly strangled that poor little puppy on the leash. and all for bullshit. all i did was ask him if those tits were real and if he was one of those mid-op freaks. times square transvestites are scary. and way too sensitive.

sometimes its better to just mind your own damn business and go the fuck home. anyway, it's late. i'm gonna go crash out.

By Semillama on Saturday, September 18, 1999 - 05:30 pm:

that's a pretty good story. Even though I have no idea what you really look like, I can picture the scene quite vividly.

Although I can only imagine it as a half page panel in a black and white comic book for some reason.

By Simon on Saturday, September 18, 1999 - 05:37 pm:

swine, every once in awhile a single line will pop out of one of your posts that makes me stop and say, man, that is right-fucking on. Why didn't I think of that?

By Swine on Saturday, September 18, 1999 - 07:25 pm:

man, i hope i haven't inspired you to dress up like a woman and run around town screaming, "FAGGOTS!!!! FAGGOTS!!!"

there's way too much of that going on these days.

By Simon on Sunday, September 19, 1999 - 12:24 am:

I was referring to the quip on pathological self-absorption.

But now that you mention it, I did see this darling little 3/4 length peasant skirt at Penney's that would really accentuate my long legs...

By Gee on Sunday, September 19, 1999 - 01:02 am:

did I mention that I saw transvestites at the airport?

I think I've come to the point where everything I say is something I've already said. I hate when that happens.

And still I'm compelled to speak...

By Cyst on Sunday, September 19, 1999 - 04:57 am:

I wasn't going to leave for you, swine, I was just going to try to act like a normal person here. or something.

I'm drunk now but I don't thnk I could think of any armed lesbian stories anyway. you know what the northwest is like. the lesbians here are into gardening and hummous.

and I've never stuck my face in another woman's crotch. today I went to the beach with a bisexual pregnant woman who took all her clothes off, but I didn't even ask to touch her belly. we ate feta cheese spread and overpriced bread, and I told her she had the ass I'd always wanted, but that's it.

By Swine on Sunday, September 19, 1999 - 06:27 am:

act normal?
    shit. and i thought there weren't any normal people here.

god knows i'm tragically fucked-up.

and quickly becoming tragically sober. i'm all out of beer and have had to settle for sprite. i can't drink the water cuz floyd has tainted the resevoir with whatever biohazards that flood waters bring. no way in hell i'm bothering to boil the crap out of the tap for 3 minutes just to rehydrate myself.

there used to be a couple lesbians that hung outside of that bar on... shit... i think it was the corner that's one block up off of capital hill's broadway on pike... i know there was a gas station on the broadway side with a recently opened QFC cata-corner from it. i think dave or agatha said it was the "rose bar" or something like that, but my memory tells me that the "rose bar" was a hangout for a much more mellow lesbian crowd... hell, i dunno.

anyway. they'd yell all sorts of shit my way and threaten to beat the shit out of me whenever i walked by.

"I'LL KICK YOUR ASS YOU BIG LIMP-DICKED SHIT-EATER!"

i'm probably exagerrating. it probably only happenned four or five times, but i remember taking john and tracy over there to prove the point. they thought it had to do with my "new york swagger", but i don't think i walk much differently than anyone else. and i usually have a pretty strict policy of minding my own damn business...
    for whatever reason, i seem to induce fear and loathing in certain people on the lunatic fringe of the sexual minority group. those chicks were always brawny white wymyn with attitude (BWWWA. get in touch with ice cube and cut a record deal. bet they'd blow up bigger than melissa ethridge on steroids)

and i'm pretty certain i never even asked them if their tits were real.

go figure.

anyway, fuck it.

i gotta crash out before the sun rises and burns my vampire ass into slithering dust.

By Cyst on Sunday, September 19, 1999 - 12:54 pm:

the wild rose was that lesbian bar in seattle.

oh yeah, I forgot that the lesbians up there are a little more aggressive than here in portland.

a friend told me about how some mean-spirited old lesbians he used to know would go to the wild rose and pick up nubile naive "bicurious" girls and take them home and fist them. or so he said.

I got really fucked up last night on two pints. I was taken to this tavern where "ladies" could buy any beer for a buck. so I got two pints of some fancy microbrew. apparently this is the normal saturday night special. I'll have to take some wymmyn friends there sometime.

By Agatha on Sunday, September 19, 1999 - 02:49 pm:

you're talking about "the easy", across the street and down a block from "the wild rose." that was probably alicia threatening to kick your ass. she was their cook.

By Swine on Sunday, September 19, 1999 - 03:42 pm:

is there anyone in seattle that you don't know?

next time i'm back there i'm going to make a point of stopping by that place and asking her if she has implants.

By Semillama on Sunday, September 19, 1999 - 06:41 pm:

Unfortunately, the lesbians i tend to get to know have mental problems (wait a minute...so did all my girlfriends...connection?). One, my college art teacher who took a shine to me, was a paranoid psychotic who took acid and could probably kick the shit out of any five hell's angels. The other seemed alright, but recently blew her head off in her bathtub. The bisexuals I know are a lot stabler. These are all women, btw, for some reason I don't think I have ever met a serious male bi. The gays I've known have all been neurotic to some extent. The straight folks have been everything from braindead normal to batshit crazy.

By Agatha on Sunday, September 19, 1999 - 08:28 pm:

they went out of business. the owner was crazy. alicia definitely doesn't have implants, and she's not gay. there's the kicker.

By Waffles on Sunday, September 19, 1999 - 11:56 pm:

everyone is pretty in LA, including the lesbians, they drive SAABs, drink starbucks, go to dodger games and taunt straight men with their knockdead drag out hottiness....or so it seems anyway....it's chic to be bisexual, or at least to smooch on other girls in bars.......can't say it bothers me....i just see it for what it really is, hollywood. thin as a rail and shallow as the la river

By Friendly on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 01:30 am:

i fucking hate LA. if i were god i'd make my thumb big enough to smoosh it out of existance. being a benign god, i'd give everyone 3 hours to get out of town. is it worth mentioning that i've never been to LA? regardless, everything that i hate about humans is magnified in LA. i'll piss myself laughing if and when that place goes tits up.

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 01:48 am:

It's always a good idea to base your opinions on ignorance then tell the world. This technique allows the rest of us to know what kind of mental midget we are dealing with. Also I spoke to God, he plans to put that big thumb up your ass as soon as you pull your head out. Have a nice day.

By Friendly on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 02:00 am:

talk about mental midgets, look who's speaking to god. fetidbeaver, that's who.

By God on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 02:12 am:

Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.

This means both of you.

By friendly on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 02:17 am:

hmmmm. . .

that's a crock of shit.

By Gee on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 02:47 am:

There are a lot of ugly people in LA. I've seen them. Trust me. A LOT.

By MapleLeaf on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 09:03 am:

Geez...I thought God was in Waffles' pants....or am I mistaken?

By Simon on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 09:35 am:

None of this matters. When the big one finally goes down, China's going to nuke LA. They said so just this year. Something to the effect of,

"Attention, Meddling Capitalist Running-Dog Embassy Bombers: Stop worrying about what we may do to Taiwan and start worrying about what we may do to LA."

By Waffles on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 03:32 pm:

Gee, you weren't in LA, you were in and or around Orange county and the south bay area. Did you actually see downtown or hollywood? Besides my statement was a generalization, of course there are ugly people here, howver, in Hollywood I would say due to the enteratinment industry, people are trying to look better than the next person simply because many of their lively hoods depend on it. And Friendly I used to feel the same way before i even got here (not by choice I might add) and it's really not that bad. Everything you love about where you live or want to live, is here in one way or another. I mean shit, I have the desert on one direction, the beach in another, the mountians in another, urban decadence all around and mild weather...how many regions in the US can claim that. Not many. Yes their are sick nuiances that drive me up the wall, but Atlanta had them just like any other place, LA is just an easy target for China and everyone else...

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 06:14 pm:

Friendly, I've got good news and bad news. I just talked to God again and the good news is, he is not going to put that big thumb up your ass. The bad news is he is planning to FIST your ass. Sorry, I tried to talk him out of it. Have a nice day. :o)

By friendly on Monday, September 20, 1999 - 08:27 pm:

that's bad news? it'll be my pleasure to stink up the fist of god.

By Gee on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 12:15 am:

Waffle - I was in Anaheim (sp?) for most of my trip. I was in LA visiting relatives and exploring the seedy underbelly of the greater LA area for a while, too.

By Fetidbeaver on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 04:09 am:

Well Friendly it sounds like you have a date with the big guy. Congradulations! I hope it works out for you. I do have one concern though. The fist of God must be quite large. Have you any plans for controlling the fecal incontinence that surely will be the result of such trauma. May I suggest Depends brand adult diapers. Also if God by chance stands you up and you still crave a butt stretching, then drop by my house. I have a Cheverolet Caprice Classic that we can ram up your ass. As always, have a nice day.

By Swine on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 09:03 am:

he already wears depends.
    cuts out all those annoying trips to the pisser when he's trying to kick back and guzzle a case of longnecks in peace.

i saw this comedian the other night that cracked me the hell up.

"so you're planning yo go to L.A.?
    i'll tell ya what:
    1. go get yourself a pencil.
    2. take that pencil and sharpen it up. sharpen it up real good.
    3. now take that sharpened pencil and JAM IT IN YOUR FUCKING EYE.

why? because the time you spend sitting in the emergency room with a pencil skewered in your eyeball, writhing in pain and wondering what it's gonna be like to go through the rest of your life
    blind and disfigured WILL BEAT THE HELL OUT OF ANY TIME YOU'LL SPEND *ANYWHERE* IN FUCKING LOS ANGELES."

By Cyst on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 09:18 am:

nate -

if you're reading this and you remember, tell your roommate not to try to pump his own gas in oregon. the stations are all "mini-serve" here. that's why prices are so high. he may want to fill his tank in yreka.

oregon is weird. there's no sales tax, either.

By friendly on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 10:06 am:

blah blah friendly blah blah blah date blah blah big guy blah blah blah blah. . .blah blah blah butt stretching blah blah blah my house.

nah, you're not my type.

By The Dinner Lady on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 01:34 pm:

LA is weird. I'm strictly East Coast and couldn't get over that people didn't walk on the street or take public transit. It was just me, hookers, and homeless people. Also I will agree that there are definitely more 'beautiful' people there, meaning broads w/ boob jobs and men who are too concerned about their hair. Those big movie theatres are fab tho and I did have some of the best Thai of my life there (food not manservants). There are also many many more places to get donuts but I don't know if there is a Krispy Kreme which of course is the greatest donut place in the world but they don't have them in Boston.

Hot glazed!! <<snif>>

By J on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 02:01 pm:

We finally got Krispy Kreme out here and I was just so happy.Glazed is my fvorite too.

By MapleLeaf on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 02:33 pm:

Sensing an argument coming on...........

The best donuts in the world are "Tim Horton's" which are primarily in Canada.

Pity

By Waffles on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 02:50 pm:

your outta your fucking mind swashbuckling canuck fuck maple leaf eatin syrup suckin snowshovelin ....oh wait sorry........wrong outlet for post drunken violent tendencies.

Kirspy kreme is da bomb. we had a 24 hour joint by our house in raleigh. around 4 am, you could smell them 2 blocks away. although they have gotten smaller over the years. What up with that? and la ironically does have alot of donut places....

By MapleLeaf on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 03:16 pm:

I pass.

By J on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 03:21 pm:

Now Waffles,we have never had Tim Horton,s doughnuts,MapleLeaf,may have never had the pleasure of a Krisy Kreme,s.

By Swine on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 03:28 pm:

doughnuts are fucking disgusting.

By Waffles on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 03:39 pm:

go back to russia

By Swine on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 04:02 pm:

nyet, bitch.

By The Dinner Lady on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 04:23 pm:

I have never had Tim Horton's but I will be on the lookout. Canada does lead the world in foods that would seem to be compatible to donuts. Also are they donuts or doughnuts or doughnauts or wot? Krispy Kreme,... once my ex and I split a dozen hot glazed in Richmond. 10 minutes of exstacy (sp?) 2 hours of illness - ah the salad days!

By MapleLeaf on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 05:22 pm:

I have had Krispy Kreme ,,,on Hilton Head Island SC I believe..........Tim Horton's remains the best.....they are donuts.doughnuts....all of the above.....you just say "Tim Horton's" and everyone knows what you mean....coffee is excellent as well.

Tim Horton's headquarters is in Oakville, Ontario. Neighbouring city Burlington (pop. 275,000) has 26 Tim Horton's franchises at last count. When a gasoline service station closes business....a donut shop moves in..... they are virtually on every corner.

Cinnamon covered sour cream donut ..and a cup of piping hot coffee (black) on an early morning commute....makes the time fly by.

By Drip on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 05:28 pm:

i was once told that "doughnut" comes from the fact that it looks like a nut (as in nuts and bolts) made out of dough. i can't remember if there was some cute story like a baker making them for construction workers or something like that. all i know is that i've got an old-time doughnut holder in my kitchen that is basically a wooden dowel stuck in a base. has a nut and bolt feel to it. i haven't had a donut in ten years, i use it for paper towels.

this could be pure crap. but what the fuck.

By Cyst on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 09:38 pm:

glazed raised are the best.

my favorite place was the 24-hour westernco a block from my house in seattle.

my favorite poster was "french cruellers - so delicate and festive!"

I also liked the teen dream vietnamese beauty queen calendar. and the regular who always smelled like a public restroom.

By Agatha on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 10:17 pm:

is that the one on 45th?

fetidbeaver, lay off friendly or i will ram my fist up another hole.

i mean it.

By Friendly on Tuesday, September 21, 1999 - 11:36 pm:

yeah, you big meanie. take that bully act somewhere else.

By Gee on Wednesday, September 22, 1999 - 12:17 am:

I will agree that Tim Hortons donuts are inDeed, the world's best donuts.

But Tim Horton's itself is not just a "donut shop". They're a Canadian institution. Every Canadian at some point in their lives will spend an afternoon hanging out by the window of a Tim's drinking coffee and fighting over who gets the last TimBit.

Personally, though, I prefer their cake. MmmMmmMmm!!

By Atlanta denizen on Wednesday, September 22, 1999 - 12:27 am:

Krispy Kreme are not what they once was. Used to be the high school band would pick up a load straight from the bakery and peddle them around the neighborhood, still warm, and there was nothing closer to heaven that the delicious nutlike flavor... You had to eat them quick, after a few hours something happened to the glaze and they became damp and unintenresting. I only ever see them in the little grocery store displays nowadays, always well past stale. Sigh

By Fetidbeaver on Wednesday, September 22, 1999 - 05:41 am:

Bully act? Huh? Boy ya try and have a little fun and it turns into dougnuts and fisting....hhhmmmm....

By the way FUCK THE FRENCH CRUELLERS!

By Simon on Wednesday, September 22, 1999 - 09:31 am:

He turns to us and speaks:

"SOME people prefer cupcakes. I myself care less for them."

By J on Wednesday, September 22, 1999 - 09:39 am:

Oh.I,m so sorry,but I can,t get this image of a penis sticking out of a doughnut hole,blame it on F.B.,he,s the one that brought up fucking them.

By Bigkevin on Wednesday, September 22, 1999 - 10:43 am:

Timmy's is the best donuts, but they are now (almost all) no-smoking, and that pisses me off.

By Waffles on Wednesday, September 22, 1999 - 11:01 am:

mr. atlanta denizen, how old are you? kripsy kreme used to be covered all over atlanta. I know for obvious reason but moreover, my dad was that (cyst) restroom smelling psycho in the local doughnut joint. He was crazy you know. But the Krispy Kreme girls were much sweeter, he evntually had to stroll down to the dunkin donuts b/c KK got closed.......used to be right there at Shallowford Rd & Buford hwy in doraville. The sweet ladies at KK always gave the "cute lil boy" a free donut and sometimes a pinch on the cheek. Sometimes she would offer a bowl of soup and some choclate milk. I usually took her up on it.

by the way , i noticed yesterday while walking during lunch, that tthey have opened up a waffle stand 2 blocks from work. called Wowie Waffles. I think i'm gonna like it there.

By The Dinner Lady on Wednesday, September 22, 1999 - 03:12 pm:

Please tell me more about the waffles. I eat wheat free waffles every day since I'm not supposed to eat wheat (allergic). Thank God for Waffles! (tm) and that goes double here <wink>...

So anyway now I really want to go to a Tim Horton's. They had a meeting in the room next to mine on Mon. and there were leftover donuts from Dunkin's (a brit owned chain - surprising, no?) and I tried to just eat a lil' bite but had most of a chocolate glazed. I am much more for the solid donuts myself, not the jelly or creme filled - they just seem too sweet. Maybe if I drank my coffee black it would help. Dunkin does have great coffee tho, better than Starbucks and at half the price.

BTW I'm sure no one else heard about this but about a year ago a woman in Southern NH brought suit against Dunkin saying that she had recieved a batch of munchkins which were glazed together to appear like a penis and balls. Regardless of whether this was the case, the best part was she went on and on about how it was such an unbelievably personally embarassing moment for her (she brought them to work and everyone saw! ew!) yet was bringing suit (talk about public) AND she didn't just break up the donut-phallus, she saved it, brought it home, and called her beau (both in their early 50's) to come over and see it (kinky?) and they called the COPS to deal with it. I mean, how old are these people? Grow up! Never seen a donut penis before? If not you simply haven't lived!

By J on Wednesday, September 22, 1999 - 03:29 pm:

F.O.F.L.!!!

By Cyst on Wednesday, September 22, 1999 - 06:17 pm:

I saw a cherry tomato penis and balls a couple weeks ago. I hope the photo turns out.

By Pf on Thursday, September 23, 1999 - 03:07 pm:

Hello, Swine,. . . fellow Sorabjiites, have you any ideas on where to find a working, used reel-to-reel player that includes 1 and 7/8 speed? Needed to transfer obscure tapes onto cd.
    pf
    any ideas, or just hit the electronic shops or pawn shops. yellow pages.
    Check out these high priced New Items.
    http://www.tascam.com ?

By J on Thursday, September 23, 1999 - 04:47 pm:

By Semillama on Thursday, September 23, 1999 - 06:05 pm:

Yo Canucks -are there Tim Hortons in Quebec city? I must have one if there is. By any chance, were the donuts used by the Mackenzie bros. in Strange Brew to bribe the receptionist from Tim Horton's?

off to check the DFC, j has intrigued me.

By Simon on Thursday, September 23, 1999 - 08:11 pm:

Wow... I was drinking a Labatt's as I read that... it's, like, synchronicity.

By Swine on Thursday, September 23, 1999 - 08:52 pm:

hey pico.

you could always try http://www.ebay.com

i haven't seen one of those machines since the early 80's.

pawnshops are a good place to look, too.

i'll let you know i see any in the city.

By MapleLeaf on Thursday, September 23, 1999 - 11:38 pm:

Yo Quebec City visitor....there are 12 Tim Horton's in the city and surroundings....you should not have a problem finding one ,,,,,,but note they are not known as 'Tim Horton's Donuts' but are called 'Beignes Tim Horton'

Not sure about the hosers's favourite kind of donut but I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't from Tim's.

You will notice the quality first attitude in the shop.....a pot of coffee, if not used up within 20 minutes of being brewed, is dumped and a fresh pot brewed. Donuts not sold within 4 hours of being cooked get bundled and are sent off to Food banks and the Salvation Army.

Sem...you are about to visit one of the most beautiful cities of Canada.....ENJOY!!!!!!!

By Gee on Friday, September 24, 1999 - 02:33 am:

Cross the border and come to Ontario, Sem. How can you beat a city with it's very own built in GEE??

By J on Friday, September 24, 1999 - 09:45 am:

Really Sem,how could you?

By Semillama on Friday, September 24, 1999 - 02:10 pm:

It's a four day conference. Why not have Gee come and visit me while I'm there? I am flying out there and will be walking when I am in Canada. I am NOT walking to Ontario in January. I get to stay in the Hilton on Parliament hill for $60/night US. Gotta love that...

By MapleLeaf on Friday, September 24, 1999 - 02:30 pm:

You must be talking about the Hilton on Rene Levesque Blvd...very nice hotel.....and at a great price too!!!

If Gee or I went there we would be charged about $200 Canadian...you must of got a conference rate.

btw...Quebec City in January is not ideal for walking...outdoors anyways.

By Jinafishes on Friday, September 24, 1999 - 07:05 pm:

If you go to Tim Horton's you MUST, I repeat MUST have a canadian maple. They go great with those cappucino blasts. Like a gentle orgasm on a sunny day.

By Semillama on Friday, September 24, 1999 - 09:58 pm:

I think i have had one of those before.

Not the donut.

By Gee on Sunday, September 26, 1999 - 03:27 am:

I always thought dill pickles and vanilla ice cream were a little orgasmic.

I would love to go to Quebec. I have some friends there and they were begging me to come not so long ago. They said I could stay with them, and a train ticket would be chicken feed. I don't know why I don't just say yes.

Maybe if I go to the hilton with a huge crowd of people they'll let me stay for 60 bucks a night too.

By Semillama on Sunday, September 26, 1999 - 01:47 pm:

if you so desire, you can probably just crash in my room, although it may have a few oddball archaeologists who snore in it. Or maybe just me.

i don't snore. Of course, I will be running around the hotel all day, and around Quebec all night.

Of course, I haven't gotten around to registering, since the society hasen't sent me any info yet and the webpage hasn't been updated in a while. I think I will just make the reservations and get the plane tickets this week and worry about conference registration a bit later.

By Semillama on Sunday, September 26, 1999 - 04:22 pm:

I f you haven't read mark's cashier stories, go do so. I'm still laughing. You have a gift Mark, but I don't have the slightest idea what good it does, except to prove you have a mroe interesting life than I.

By J on Sunday, September 26, 1999 - 07:03 pm:

Mark is mentioned in the paper today,about the Mojave Desert payphone,check out www.azcentral.com

By Cyst on Sunday, September 26, 1999 - 07:35 pm:

I heard something about the desert and a payphone on npr's morning edition a few days ago and wondered if it had anything to do with mark.

I guess it did.

By Gee on Monday, September 27, 1999 - 05:19 am:

When in January are you going to be there, Sem? I have school then, but if you were there on a weekend, I might consider going there.

are you going to Quebec City, or another city in the province of Quebec?

By Semillama on Monday, September 27, 1999 - 06:07 pm:

quebec city, jan.4-7. So, yes partially on a weekend. do you speak french?

Cause I don't anymore.

By Gee on Tuesday, September 28, 1999 - 03:52 am:

uh, I can speak with a french accent. That's close enough, right?

By Semillama on Tuesday, September 28, 1999 - 08:04 pm:

O may wee, monchichi.

By Nate on Tuesday, September 28, 1999 - 08:08 pm:

oh so soft and cuddley.

little monkey things with blowyou mouths. what will they think of next?

By The Watcher on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 03:13 pm:

Ohhhhkaaaa.

What happened to the BBS link from SORABJI.COM?

I had to come in a very round about way to get here.

By V.v. on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 08:11 pm:

Watcher,so your NOT Mark Thomas? We all come here in a roundabout way,its a sort of test.Welcome to the THE TWILIGHT ZONE.I recon we all need some kinda knighthood from the Queen of England (all 16 of us) just for the chutspa of being on this exotic and rare site.P.S. and if your not Mark Thomas,how the hell do you remain so cool and laid back?Respect man, from...

By V.v. on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 08:24 pm:

Watcher,you have the mighty v.v. brain churning,what are you?are you rich?are you different?are you into WITCHCRAFT?like ME?for me,you are still enigmatic,i will not rest untill i understand you better,you can open up to me,and i will allways give you respect.

By Nate on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 09:27 pm:

R U A QT ?

what's up v.v. with your obsession with money AND witchcraft?

By wisper on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 09:56 pm:

lol

the guy cracks me up.

and scares me shitless.

By Antigone on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 11:51 am:

Why does he scare you, eh?

Ain't we all a little scary, in our own way?

By The Watcher on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 02:38 pm:

I'm no way near rich.

I'm just a small cog in the wheels of government.

However, I can be scary. After all I really can say the scariest phrase in the english language: "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."

By wisper on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 06:39 pm:

i meant v.v.

"are you into WITCHCRAFT?like ME?"

*giggle* cute.
    n creepy.

By Rowlf on Friday, October 31, 2003 - 06:50 pm:

"what's up v.v. with your obsession with money AND witchcraft?"

he must have been in Skull & Bones

By V.v. on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 05:06 pm:

Rowlf,the combination of money and witchcraft works very well for me,if i turn my back on witchcraft for a few weeks (as i do)everything i do turns to shit,so i allways come back.

By V.v. on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 06:41 pm:

Rowlf,since the age of 5 ive had pregognition,all my life ive been trying to find out how it works,and i still dont know,all i can tell you is if i want somthing to happen,it happens.,thats the reason i look towards witchcraft for an explanation,also the reason i had to leave orthodox catholicism behind,and im still looking for the answer.

By V.v. on Sunday, November 2, 2003 - 08:08 pm:

Skull and Bones=Illuminati.I am hardly "keeper of the light"indeed i am a mere novice of the Masonic Lodge.But i live in hope...

By Major on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 02:18 am:

dont quite know what to say, its all pretty interesting.

By Antigone on Wednesday, September 15, 2004 - 03:52 am:

Read it and weep.

By Agent D on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 12:08 am:

Today is my 6th Anniversary since I quitted R.T.C. Industries. I was proud of what I achieved with my ability to do the job at R.T.C. Industries. Sept 17,1998 was my brave last day.

By jack on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 12:12 am:

congratulations on moving on to bigger and braver things. or whatever it is you're doing.

By dave. on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 12:32 am:

that's not the original agent d.

By jack on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 12:43 am:

i salute the substitute.

By Dave on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 12:45 am:

dave is not the original dave.......

By jack on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 12:47 am:

i salute the original.

By dave. on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 02:18 am:

mwa!

i love these old, revived threads where i get to re-read old battles. i spanked me some fetidbeaver up there. i know he's supposedly dead and shit but that guy is/was an asshole.

By agatha on Saturday, September 18, 2004 - 01:32 pm:

Dave, you're going to hell. Stinking up the fist of god. Visualize me shaking my head.

Here's why I love J:

She was a fucking beaution for the love of God.

?

By Gee on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 11:25 am:

I think I might get a job at indigo.

cross your fingers for me and my dream of a job which pays less than $8 an hour!

By Antigone on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 01:42 pm:

If fetidbeaver can be supposedly dead he can also be supposedly an asshole, no?

By Nuts on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 03:48 pm:

Always,and if dead,EXTRA FETID!!!

By agatha on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 11:36 pm:

You're all going to hell.

What's indigo?

By dave. on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 12:25 am:

no, he's definately an asshole.

By Gee on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 10:15 am:

it's a bookstore. nay, a chain of bookstores. Think: Barnes & Noble, only in blue.

indigo.ca

By Antigone on Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 01:50 pm:

dave, I'd like to see some evidence of that. I generally thought otherwise.

By wisper on Wednesday, September 22, 2004 - 07:42 pm:

I'm hoping for you Gee.
    I think Indigo would be a nice place to work. Whenever i need a joe job i always apply at Chapters. The seem pretty laid back.
    It's not always pay that's important. I only make $8/h now. It's the benefits, yo.

By Gee on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 01:30 pm:

indigo has hired me! yay for me and my double employment! I get a 30% discount, and they have a book borrowing plan in place.

I start tomorow. yay for 14 hour days!

By semillama on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 04:08 pm:

yay!

By Platypus on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 05:16 pm:

Funny, I just quit a bookstore to make ice cream, and here you are working for one. Maybe we're just doomed to have one sorabjite who works for a bookstore at all times.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact