Thar's a hurricane a' comin'

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Thar's a hurricane a' comin'
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By
Crawford on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 09:39 pm:

Because of Floyd they canceled school for Wednesday and Thursday. So my paper on the Revolutionary War isn't due til Friday.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, September 14, 1999 - 10:05 pm:

Lucky you! Er, wait...

I'll say a prayer that you're okay while you're not in school.

When I was in 2nd grade, they cancelled school because of Hurricane Gloria. That was the last time any storm like that came up this high (Pennsylvania). It was pretty scary, if I remember right.

By Waffles on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 11:55 am:

i remember Hugo, when I lived in Raleigh.....though it was downgraded to a trop storm, it was amazing...I kinda wish I had a bolted down lawn chair and a cooler of beer in a protective plexiglass box in Charlston...I wish I could witness this amazing example of natures rage....(re:swines assesment of the the end of the world)

the local news panders to such idiots.......lastnight they made statement re:Floyd "for those of you who aren't famililar with the east coast are graphics department took the satellite image of the storm and put it on the west coast.......it is big enough to cover SF,Vegas,LA,and San Diego all at once.......

i woke up today, it looks like rain......it hasn't rained here since March......but it is turning out to be a typical non rain day....

By J on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 02:02 pm:

It was fucking pouring here last night,we went to see if my mom was alive,she was.We were not even 2 miles from the house when our car went dead on Price Rd.,during rush hour,and they are putting a freeway in there and the road is under construction.Finally got the car mostly off the road,s/o had to get out of my side to avoid being hit,got to walk through the pouring rain to the Motorolla school,thank God had cell phone and are mambers of A.A.A.,so the tow truck driver was there in 20 min.but traffic was so bad that he couldn,t hook us up.It started lightning and I got my ass in the cab of the tow truck,all 3 of us were in there scared of getting hit by all those crazy fuckers on the road.The driver called the police for back up,I was freaking looking into the rear veiw mirror at all the cars that almost hit us,started cussing the fucking police,my s/o ribbing me to knock it off.As time wore on we were all cursing the cops,s/o calls 911,we wait,calls again,we wait,driver calls the dispatcher,asks were Mike is,he was on a job,he asked her to get ahold of Mike to back him up,fucking cops aren,t coming.By now we are all worked up,my s/o called 911 for the third time(not counting the drivers initial call),asked where the cops are,was told there was a house fire and there were a lot of cops there,isn,t that what firemen are for?He indicated that he knows they record the 911 calls and if anything happened to us it wouldn,t look good for them.Finaly a fucking cop showed up,none of those fucking cops wanted to get wet,the fuckers.The car broke down a 6:10p.m., we were just a little over a mile from my house it was 7:25p.m. when we got home,we tipped the driver $13.00,it was all we had on us or we would have given him more,poor kid was drenched,I think we bonded.I missed Jeopardy,so I just got wasted,now I have to try and get a rental car,this isn,t helping to elevate my mood,when it rains it pours.

By Waffles on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 02:09 pm:

yeah my wife was sitting on the tarmac in Phoenix for 3 hours last night.......she said she saw lots of lightning and such......she cursed America West airlines in her sleep..........indian summer right?

By J on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 03:36 pm:

Monsoons,it,s pouring again,much thunder and lighting,lost the power for about 20 minutes.I feel sorry for s/o,he works for the biggest utility company in the valley,when it rains it really pours.I, thinking the transformer man,s not going to be too happy tonight.America West sucks.

By Jinafishes on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 03:41 pm:

I can't wait till Mt. Rainier explodes and covers Seattle in lava. I like Waffles' idea, the lawn chair, brewskies...

By Semillama on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 06:19 pm:

Actually, it'll be mudslides that take it out. Rainer is essentially rotting out from the inside, so any significant seismic activity, including an eruption, is going to collapse significant portions of the mountainside and send it ruching down towards the city. At least taht's what NAt'l Geo said.

By Waffles on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 06:46 pm:

you've been had.....they are just keeping the natives idle whilst the rework their weather control machine...in cohoots with CNN of course

By Jinafishes on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 11:09 am:

Natl geo is probly right, I kind of thought it'd be the mudslide ordeal, it was that way with mt. st. helens and all, but the mudslide was extremely hot. It's really a sight to see, you're in dense lush forest and evergreen galore, and then it's almost like the canadian border, bam, the logs look like toothpicks and everything is grey.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact