Do you generally post/browse the boards here at home or work?

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: Do you generally post/browse the boards here at home or work?
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Wavydave on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 09:55 pm:

Work for me, baby!
    though I do check from home occasionally

By BigKevin on Wednesday, September 15, 1999 - 11:45 pm:

Work, only. Its so god-damn boring here I'd go crazy if I didn't

By heather on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 12:06 am:

home, work, school,

it's all the same thing right now

By MapleLeaf on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 09:34 am:

At work primarily......on occasion at home.

By Agatha on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 10:38 am:

home. i'm not allowed at work.

By Pamela on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 10:55 am:

Work. I have to agree with BigKevin on this one...

If I had any spare time I would probably check from home too.

By J on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 11:53 am:

At home

By Waffles on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 12:08 pm:

work.........maybe from home onthe weekends...otherwise work

i still need a new job

By Wavydave on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 12:34 pm:

Pamela's is a classic

By Pamela on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 12:40 pm:

what can I say?
    I have no life right now...
    = Þ

By Rhiannon on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 12:48 pm:

Whoa, how did you make that mouth? Is that a secret key my keyboard doesn't have?

By Waffles on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 12:57 pm:

=P

By Wavydave on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 01:00 pm:

no life? if you're so busy that you can't goof off on your own time, you gotta have something going...
    :P

By Wavydave on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 01:00 pm:

no life? if you're so busy that you can't goof off on your own time, you gotta have something going...
    :P

By Pamela on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 01:00 pm:

the secret is not p... the secret is the Alt key and 0222.

See: Þ

Your account will be billed shortly.

By Oh on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 01:02 pm:

Þ

By Rhiannon on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 01:03 pm:

If I were less charitable, I'd be offended. You thought I thought it was a P? You think I'm that stupid?

Thank you, Pamela

By Pamela on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 01:12 pm:

What I mean by that is, I really have no life right now. What my "life" consists of right now:

5:30 AM -- Wake up and get ready for day job...
    7:00 AM -- Start day job and sorabji.com posting...
    4:00 PM -- Go home
    4:30 PM -- Arrive home and begin getting ready for night job...
    5:00 PM -- Leave for night job and depending on the traffic, I'll get there either by 5:30 PM or 6:00 PM. My night job doesn't have a computer.

I work for a software development company during the day and by night I'm bartending/cooking at a restaurant. I usually don't get home until after midnight.

Oh yeah, not to mention that my husband has already moved up to Sacramento a couple of weeks ago. He came down this last weekend to see me but I had to work at the restaurant all weekend (I pull split/shifts on the weekends) so I hardly got to see him.

That's pretty much all that's going for me... Not much of a personal life right now, but in two weeks that will all be over. B/c I'm moving up to Sacramento with my husband and starting our new life together (we're newlyweds, been married for 6 weeks).

So if anyone in my area (and I know at least Nate and Lucy are), which is the Bay Area, CA want to come cheer me up and give me "something going", I would be forever grateful...

By Pamela on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 01:14 pm:

No Rhiannon, I didn't think YOU thought it was a P, I'm sorry it does look like that, now that I read it again. Actually, the "p" comment was directed towards Waffles and WavyDavy b/c that was what they were using. Sorry for the confusion. (And no offense guys, "p's" are great too, but that just wasn't it).

By Waffles on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 01:20 pm:

PPPPPPPPiss off

By Wavydave on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 01:25 pm:

yeah waffles - put that alt 0222 right in her face :)

:|

:(

(can't do alt-chars at work - newspapers generally use macs. I do have a nifty blu,c-thru G3)

By Jinafishes on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 01:28 pm:

Pigs portray pretentious parsnips purposterously. Por que?

By Pamela on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 01:29 pm:

*giggle*

Are you a writer? I love to write. Other than my husband, it is what I am most passionate about.

By Pamela on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 01:32 pm:

hey, you guys, I love p's okay? I don't have anything against p's. My initials are P.P.P., okay? I have nothing against them, it just wasn't the secret to the smiley okay? Geez...

*giggle*

pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

By Wavydave on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 01:36 pm:

I'm a graphic artist. I do layout/design.
    I play computer games (perhaps too much).
    I hike and bike (at least, when my wrist isn't broken) and I snowboard.

I'm learning (slowly) to play the bass and guitar.

I used to write a lot of self-confident poetry in college (who doesn't?)

I hang with my dog Whitney.

samples? my work-in-progress

By Jinafishes on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 01:38 pm:

I wish I had a computer with a tower so I could draw all over the tower and put some rendition of Dali's work on the side of it.

By Jinafishes on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 01:43 pm:

I'm going to become a graphic designer, I start school Monday.

Do you like it?
    Ever get bored?
    Mind scrambled for ideas?
    Smoke pot a lot?

Wish I could snowboard, but I'm a poor college student. And I hiked just recently last weekend, or whenever labor day weekend was, felt good to feel a little pain.

By Wavydave on Thursday, September 16, 1999 - 02:07 pm:

yes
    yes
    yes
    no

the most frustrating part of the job (at least this one) is sitting idle (read: posting on sorabji and cruising the net) for a few hours waiting for stories/art then having to jam several hours work into one so you can make deadline when said stories/art arrives

I like doing layout/design. I'm a computer nerd, so it fits well with my mindset/worldview...people are laid back...yadda yadda

i've been in publishing (newspaper) for the last 3.5 years. Started at a small weekly and now i'm at a mid-size daily.

my advice: don't go into newspapers - they generally don't pay well (at least starting out)
    but layout/design is a good path to follow - lots of different areas you can get into

By Lawanda on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 12:00 am:

HOME. If they saw this site on my 'puter at work, they would have a cow. My CPU is readable everywhere on the system, because I use it remote to fix other computers in the network.

I do log onto Rottweiler sites, and "How Stuff Works" at the end of the day. The Rotweiler site I go to has cool sounds of barks and growls.

By Semillama on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 05:55 pm:

Home, no time for it at work, plus i am usualy looking at some old foundation or determining what kind of vessel a ceramic sherd came from, while waving away flies.

Yesterday, though, I could have killed some serious time here during the time I and the dwarf visual aids technician sat staring at a computer screen, waiting for his screamingly obsolete computer to download PowerPoint files.

By Hmmm on Friday, September 17, 1999 - 06:30 pm:

hmmm

By Kevin on Saturday, September 18, 1999 - 06:54 am:

Whats a 'ceramic sherd'?

By Semillama on Saturday, September 18, 1999 - 05:31 pm:

Ever drop a dish?

By MoonIt on Sunday, September 19, 1999 - 04:59 am:

® hm

Þ oooo

anyway both...and for the same reasons as wavydave, cept i work for an ad agency

By on Friday, March 9, 2001 - 10:33 pm:

Þ

By Daniel ssss on Saturday, March 10, 2001 - 12:54 pm:

@ home, and from the laptop wherever I can find a tree that has a modem. Home is where the well fed cardinals and pilleated peckers peck at my all too breezey logs in which I live, and where the oak trees sway in winds on top of this ridge, and where I am at the end of the road, end of the ridge, end of the electric grid and phone lines (I literally have to rent the phone line for the last 3/4 mile up the creek), and where, sadly but truthfully, I don't own a single goat. Neighbors neither.

Though they're nice to have around when posting on sorabji as the old gorrilla. As Droop says, it makes for good copy. As an all too well paid therapist and consultant/supervisor/trainer, I don't have much time between clients to post at work, as it's a fifteen hour per day four day week. And it's the great midwaste here outside St Louis and not the west coast.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact