J - Wonderful things u can do with coke

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: J - Wonderful things u can do with coke
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By MoonUnit on Tuesday, October 5, 1999 - 09:12 pm:

To clean a toilet:
    Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl. Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:
    Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

To clean corrosion from car battery terminals:
    Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

To loosen a rusted bolt:
    Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted
    bolt for several minutes.

To bake a moist ham:
    Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan; wrap the ham in aluminum foil,and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil,allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous gravy

To remove grease from clothes:
    Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

AND WE DRINK THIS STUFF!

By Gee on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 12:52 am:

Well....we Were.

Thanks a lot, Moonit. I just opened the frickin' bottle!!

By SWINE on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 02:19 am:

FUCKING.

FUCK
    FUCK
    FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING.

DAMMIT, JUST SAY IT!!!!

SAY IT!!!!!!!!

By Hal on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 10:15 am:

Say what????

Fuck?

By Rhiannon on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 10:58 am:

Gee has a clean mouth (must be that Coke). Don't try to corrupt her.

By J on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 12:11 pm:

Then make that fornicate.

By Waffles on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 12:11 pm:

damn moonunit, priceless info for the millenium, they don't tell you that at he coke museum in atlanta, but you do get to taste strawberry/chocolate/raspberry and other various assorted coke flavors

By BK on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 01:47 pm:

If you put a nail (not galvanived) in a can of coke and leave it undisturbed for a month the nail will be gone!

(depends on the size of the nail, obviously)

By Wavydave on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 02:38 pm:

I always thought Pepsi left a corrosive feeling on my teeth. Any idea if it'll work in the above experiments?

I guess I have a long winter coming up. I'll have something to do now.

By BK on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 02:50 pm:

don't know about the above things but,

I once saw a NASCAR race where the crew poured two cans of Pepsi into the gearbox to seal a leak caused by something breaking. Apparently when the water boiled off this fixed the thing (this was during a pit stop in the middle of the race, and the car finished the race)

By Wavydave on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 03:02 pm:

that says a lot for the sugary nastiness that is the base ingredient of pepsi

good thing I drink a lot of Dr. Pepper - which has even more sugar and syrup in it.

By BK on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 03:06 pm:

Yeah, but Dr. P tastes SOOOO good! who cares how much sugar is in it.

By Lucy on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 05:33 pm:

caffeinated ham...
    I don't think I'll be able to forget that soon.

By Simon on Wednesday, October 6, 1999 - 06:21 pm:

I'm really surprised that nobody here has mentioned the hooker study yet.

By Gee on Thursday, October 7, 1999 - 02:03 am:

Oh my gosh. That was really funny. I must giggle.

By Jinafishes on Thursday, October 7, 1999 - 06:01 pm:

The higher the spikes on the heels, the lower the IQ?

By Waffles on Thursday, October 7, 1999 - 06:15 pm:

not true, my wife wears 5" heals at times, she also has some smokin knee high boots, she's a hottie and a nerd at the same time but obviously i am biased

By Waffles on Thursday, October 7, 1999 - 06:15 pm:

ah hem....HEELS

By Jinafishes on Thursday, October 7, 1999 - 06:27 pm:

Knee high boots are very cool.

By Simon on Thursday, October 7, 1999 - 09:59 pm:

No... the hooker study I'm referring to was a comparison between Coke and Diet Coke.

By J on Friday, October 8, 1999 - 10:20 am:

Well Simon,what,s up with the hooker study?Tell us about it!!

By Simon on Friday, October 8, 1999 - 06:28 pm:

Well, J, back in the mid-80s there was a popular story, which may or may not have been an urban legend, that hookers would shake up a bottle of Coke and use it to, uh, "freshen up" after a trick.

Anyway, a student at a university picked up on this and did a paper on the relative properties of Coke vs. Diet Coke when used as a post-coital spermicidal douche.

They found that Diet Coke was more effective at killing the little hummers than regular Coke.

I don't know how many of my tax dollars went into this, but I'm surprised that nobody in the corporation tried to capitalize on it. It couldn't have been nearly as disastrous as the "New Coke" fiasco in 85.

And I truly envy the clever bastard who scored a grant to do that study.

By J on Sunday, October 10, 1999 - 12:37 pm:

He was clever,but a cola douche sounds sticky and gross,but I guess it,s cheaper than a box of Massingel.

By Lucy Phurre on Monday, October 11, 1999 - 03:02 pm:

Well, the problem with coke is the sugar, which would lead to a greatly increased chance of candidas(sp?) (douching with it... yeargh... instant yeast infection)
    Diet coke though...
    And it's got to be a unique sensation... all those little bubbles.

By Cyst on Tuesday, October 12, 1999 - 10:10 am:

do women still douche?

every woman I've talked to about it says she doesn't.

By heather on Tuesday, October 12, 1999 - 11:12 am:

i was even told that you shouldn't

something about bacteria balance (there are things there you need to keep)

By Agatha on Tuesday, October 12, 1999 - 11:49 am:

just like the rocks in a tropical fish tank.

By J on Tuesday, October 12, 1999 - 12:39 pm:

I,m going to have to quit trying to drink and read
    these boards at the same time,thanks Agatha I needed to wash my sheets anyway,I douche on occasion.

By Lucy Phurre on Tuesday, October 12, 1999 - 02:52 pm:

Douching...yuck!
    I do not douche, it's bad for you, but, if I did, I would use Diet Coke.

Actually *Even Cowgirls Get the Blues* by Tom Robbins has a whole bit on douching, and a listing of herbs that you can use, but I just never felt the need.

By Dirtyone on Tuesday, October 12, 1999 - 05:26 pm:

But,

You know,

Sometimes......I just don't........feel fresh.

By REyraink on Friday, August 11, 2000 - 02:16 am:

coke is bad for the labeato.
    milk drinkers make better lovers.

By Cat on Friday, August 11, 2000 - 03:07 am:

"labeato"...I love it! That almost beats my other favourite Sorabji quote "Loosers make blah blah".

By Trace on Friday, August 11, 2000 - 10:12 am:

No Douche, no tounge

By Trace on Friday, August 11, 2000 - 10:30 am:

I LOVE COKE (coca-cola that is)

By ZookZook on Friday, August 11, 2000 - 01:32 pm:

It's the taste that refreshes!

By Mavis on Friday, August 11, 2000 - 01:34 pm:

coca cola---the brown waters of imperialism

By Trace on Friday, August 11, 2000 - 04:04 pm:

It bubbles and bounces down through the ounces

By Celia on Saturday, August 12, 2000 - 03:56 am:

My mom had this recipe for coke and lemon chicken and it's delicious. It was just coke, lemon and some sugar as a marinade.

And don't forget that Simpsons episode where Lisa soaks her tooth in cola and with a small electrical charge into the mixture, a microscopic civilization developed...

By N.b. on Saturday, August 12, 2000 - 12:11 pm:

and who could forget Coca Cola jello salad...

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact