New Year's Eve

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: New Year's Eve
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By Sarah on Thursday, October 14, 1999 - 06:30 pm:

i think i changed my mind about doing nothing for new years eve this year. i've been a rabid new years eve partier my whole life and it was probably just delusional to think i'd go and hide in the mountains and pray this year.

anyone have any good ideas? what to do, where to go?

what are you all doing for new years?

By Waffles on Thursday, October 14, 1999 - 06:43 pm:

Mammoth or Big Bear, cabin, mushrooms, snow, whisky, hot cidar, pot of chili, naked twister, tranquility, hiking, pictures ala Adams, fireplaces, eggs and toast, cozy down blankets, away from the fall out, stroking a shotgun in a rocking chair......

By Skooter on Thursday, October 14, 1999 - 07:05 pm:

Im Tripping. Hey is that jesus? I dont know could be.....

By Swine on Thursday, October 14, 1999 - 07:10 pm:

i'm spending new year's in the seventh circle of hell.

manhattan.

i like the heat.

By Simon on Thursday, October 14, 1999 - 08:48 pm:

I'm going to spend my new year's eve sitting in the dark with an AK-47, guarding my cache of freeze-dried food from the marauding hordes.

By MapleLeaf on Thursday, October 14, 1999 - 10:51 pm:

Working....well not really...on site in case of an emergency....we are calling ourselves 'The Oh-Oh Squad'

We are going to be there for the turn of the century '20 oh-oh' and if something happens....we will stand there and watch and say "Oh-Oh".

By J on Friday, October 15, 1999 - 04:04 am:

I,m not leaving my house,I,m having all my kids come stay here,we had our fence raised,my daughter Amee,s s/o hs a whole cache of guns,Ryan has a stungun,maybe I will get a lot more food and things that run on batteries and charcole for the barb-b-que

By H on Friday, October 15, 1999 - 08:52 am:

We're having a party at our house. I'm paying the 12 year old kid next door $20.00 to sit in my basement and throw the circuit breaker at exactly 12:00.

By Semillama on Friday, October 15, 1999 - 09:54 am:

I hope to be perhaps playing me ass off at a party. Of course, I have to talk to the folks I want to be jamming with to make sure that they'll go along with that.

By Hope springs eternal on Friday, October 15, 1999 - 09:56 am:

I'm not sure what I'm doing, but I bet it'll be lame.

By Nate on Friday, October 15, 1999 - 10:25 am:

i'm going to dan's party. everyone's invited (i guess.)

By Waffles on Friday, October 15, 1999 - 11:47 am:

thats great H! Do you folks really expect chaos? I think perhaps the only chaos will stem from an over-reacting, sensationalist paranoid public......don't stroke those guns too hard, otherwise we ill be hearing about a rash of folks accidentally getting shot.......new years booze and guns just don't mix

By Semillama on Friday, October 15, 1999 - 12:23 pm:

Whatever is going to happen, it probably won't be boring.

By Waffles on Friday, October 15, 1999 - 12:35 pm:

i suspect all the action is going down in Indonesia and Russia......

By Rarebit on Friday, October 15, 1999 - 01:33 pm:

I'm already carving my CD collection into makeshift throwing stars to hurl at neighbors who try to jack my canned goods.

Nah. But I am sort of scared of missles or something being inadvertantly launched.

By Nate on Friday, October 15, 1999 - 01:37 pm:

ya. me too. i just know that all the missle systems have special built in code to make them launch if we go back in time.

missle control computer: "WTF? It's 1900! Quick, launch the nukes before they realize they don't exist yet!"

By Waffles on Friday, October 15, 1999 - 01:37 pm:

i really don't think you have to worry about that, if so, i'll be in the high sierras, ain't no bombs headed that way

By heather on Friday, October 15, 1999 - 01:52 pm:

the only crazy stuff that's going to happen will be caused by worked up people with too many canned goods

all those who were "prepared" last time can just crawl back into those bomb shelters

please keep the guns locked up

By H on Friday, October 15, 1999 - 04:00 pm:

In reply to Waffles's query, no, I don't expect chaos; I just expect to fuck with people.

I will be curious to see if there's going to be an increase in reported cases of botulism the first week of January due to folks eating tainted canned goods.

Where would one go to find such statitstics?

By Lucy Phurre on Friday, October 15, 1999 - 04:12 pm:

Health Department might have something, but I couldn't find it.

By Czarina on Friday, October 15, 1999 - 05:26 pm:

I, like Nate, am worried about my canned goods, and think the botulism is a clever idea, whats the use of hoarding is some Y2K freak is gonna get my goods? My plan is to use "front" canned goods, if they want my goods, they're gonna pay,[one way or another]. My plan is to put yucky stuff, ie. sauerkraut, vienna sausage, the all time favorite, "potted meat" and a variety of flatulent producing canned goods where they'll be spotted and consumed first."He who laughs last, laughs hardest".Nate, I'm with ya buddy,could you send me your pattern for carving CD's into sharp projectiles? I want to get a jump start on my sneaky looking ,canned-good consuming,[soon to be flatulent], neighbors!

By Nate on Monday, October 18, 1999 - 12:39 pm:

woah. none of that had anything to do with me.

After a two year long study, the National Science Foundation announced
    the following results on corporate America's recreation preferences:

1. The sport of choice for unemployed or incarcerated people is: Basketball.
    2. The sport of choice for maintenance level employees is: Bowling.
    3. The sport of choice for front line workers is: Football.
    4. The sport of choice for supervisors is: Baseball.
    5. The sport of choice for middle management is: Tennis.
    6. The sport of choice for corporate officers is: Golf.

Conclusion: The higher you are in the corporate structure, the
    --- Smaller your balls become.---

By Sarah on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 05:21 am:

and the more you turn into a giant weenie.

By J on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 10:20 am:

It makes me proud that I must have bigger balls than Bill Gates,he,s a weenie next to me.

By Semillama on Tuesday, October 19, 1999 - 07:12 pm:

So, Bill gates, he plays marbles?

By Nate on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 01:26 pm:

pinball.

By J on Thursday, October 21, 1999 - 11:17 am:

Did anyone read Matt Drudge today?The story about the F.B.I. warning about the Y2 hate crimes,it,s all the crazy bastards out there that scares me.

By Lucy Phurre on Thursday, October 21, 1999 - 03:24 pm:

That's what's got me worried.

By J on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 04:09 pm:

Me too,all these hate crimes and home invasions,the world is full of the crazy bastards!

By Waffles on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 05:26 pm:

i don't think there is too much to owrry about, really, J that pic you sent me kinda turned me on.....was that from your barmitzva?

By J on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 12:23 pm:

No,I wanted your professional opinion,my man thought that was so funny,he thought she was blushing.I told him if anything her face was red from the lighting and it was staged,he doesn,t think so.What did you think?

By J on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 12:24 pm:

No,I wanted your professional opinion,my man
    thought that was so funny,he thought she was
    blushing.I told him if anything her face was red
    from the lighting and it was staged,he doesn,t
    think so.What did you think?

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 12:29 pm:

i would love it if girls world over were as unconcious as her with skirts on and no underwear, to think she could play limbo with her twat exposed like that and be like "ooops".....it is staged or from an amatuer website or something, she has kinda of a nice beaver though.....

By Patrick on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 12:30 pm:

i would love it if girls world over were as unconcious as her with
    skirts on and no underwear, to think she could play limbo with her
    twat exposed like that and be like "ooops".....it is staged or from
    an amatuer website or something, she has kinda of a nice beaver
    though.....

By Cyst on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 10:13 am:

you post better as waffles.

By Patrick on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 11:58 am:

i disagree,.......I do not think many take me as seriously as a waffle....it's kinda clown like....i figure my real name might add a little more personality to my existance here..........besides I like my real name....I am not threatened or scared of any of you anymore...(well maybe Simon, but i think he likes me too, regardless)

By Antigone on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 12:23 pm:

What's so great about being taken seriously?

Goddammit?

By Semillama on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 12:41 pm:

So, anybody started worring about the geomagnetic storm predicted for January? As long as it doesn't hit while I am in the air, I'm not too worried, but last time one hit the earth, it blackout Quebec, where is were I am flying to in January...hmm, better pack a flashlight and some long underwear.

By Patrick on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 01:00 pm:

a train might be more feasible

By Gee on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 01:16 pm:

My real name is Yaphet.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 04:06 pm:

my real name is Stanislas. but if you take the nick "Stan", and write it carefully, in the mirror it will look like "Nate"

By MapleLeaf on Thursday, October 28, 1999 - 12:12 pm:

Sem...if you are going to Quebec in January? ....pack the long johns anyways!!! guaranteed you will need them.

Just a suggestion.

By Trotsky on Friday, November 19, 1999 - 10:25 pm:

where is this picture some people are talking about? could possibly be posted here?

By Simon on Saturday, November 20, 1999 - 10:29 pm:

Gotta cancel the date with the Kalashnikov. My honorably-mentioned three piece got offered $500 to play loud bar-band music at the Oasis that night. Locally known as "The O," it's the watering-hole where all the Earth First!ers hang out to knock back Frappuchinos after a hard day in the woods spiking trees.

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact