a place for private conversation

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: a place for private conversation
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By ... on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 01:43 pm:

here

lots of space

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 02:05 pm:

Nate, i hear you're into birds.do tell me what kind.i also dally in that area.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 02:32 pm:

I live with a Plum Headed Parakeet.

eventually i want to get a cockatoo. i love those guys.

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 02:50 pm:

I breed parrots,think carefully before adding a cockatoo,VERY needy birds,very attention seeking,cute at first,but most people become overwhelmed by the amount of attention these birds require,and when not given enough attention[note: there is NEVER ENOUGH attention given, by a cockatoo's thinking],these birds develop many negative habits which are difficult for most humans to live with. At this time I am down to 5 cockatoos,because I decided to stop breeding all but the Goffins,these are smaller but much more independant and quite the little characters,very entertaining,and not as "needy" as the others. I have business in town,so need to sign off now,but would like to hear more about your bird.

By Nate on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 04:47 pm:

what kind of large, intellegent bird would you recommend? we have an excellent breeder/pet store here. every bird she has is super friendly.

By Waffles on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 05:27 pm:

get a falcon nate, train him to attack on command.....organize a motorcycle gang around the bird as your diety....wear leather chaps and ride italian made sport bikes....and terrorize the bay area

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 05:54 pm:

i'd be leery of a pet store bird----usually the price is jacked way up,you mentioned she's a breeder too so you might do okay. i go back to work tonight,so can't chat now but will get back with you in a day or so.

By Waffles on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 05:56 pm:

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 06:10 pm:

DOES IT MAKE ANY NOISES?

By Waffles on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 06:11 pm:

the bird or the camera?

By Czarina on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 06:12 pm:

your new mail order treat?

By Waffles on Wednesday, October 20, 1999 - 06:38 pm:

uhhhhhh "click"

By ____ on Thursday, October 21, 1999 - 02:21 am:

heh heh heh. anybody wanna buy a land camera?

By Czarina on Saturday, October 23, 1999 - 03:17 pm:

Note to Nate:about big birds,probably the first thing for you to consider is your living situation,some birds are EXTREMELY noisey,[cockatoos,macaws,amazons],and don't do well in apartment settings,neighbors get real testy when Tweetie starts screaming,and apartment dwellers are frequently told to x the bird or move.of screamers,the too's are undoubtedly the worst offenders,even a happy, well adjusted Too will scream every morning,and at sunset just cause
    they feel good and want to "share"with their "flock",[that would be you]their joy.Trust me on this one,i have a large brick house on 5 acres,and my sulfer crested Too can run us all out of the house.A happy well adjusted Too just hollers 2 times a day----an unhappy,or lonesome Too hollers ALL day.this is truley unfortunate,because they are such endearing,lovable,hands on kinda birds,but become VERY neurotic if their psychological needs aren't met,ie. screaming,feather picking,and a variety of other irritating habits.
    My next thought on getting a big bird is what do you want out of the relationship? most of these birds live to be 50 to 100 years old,and chances are,it will outlive the owner,so i personally don't teach my birds language or habits that would hinder its finding a good home,er ah,"when the time comes".Birds with unacceptable habits,unfortunately,often get relegated to living a life in a back room,in a small cage,with little or no social interaction.To me that a horrid way to spend the next 80 years or so.If these poor birds are fortunate,a breeder will buy them,thus releasing them from their life of isolation.[example: about 2 years ago,i heard of a Too that might possibly be for sale,so i did indeed buy the bird.He had lived for the last 10 years in a small cage on the mans carport,because he nipped at the mans grandchild,[Birds are very possesive of their favorite person,and will try to drive of an real or imagined rival],well the gist of this story is, i bought the bird,but had to use a cutting torch to get the poor bird out of the cage,because the cage had rusted so badly.Not much of a life for an extremly intelligent bird.
    If you don't already have a book called"Guide to a Well Behaved Parrot", I strongly suggest you get a copy,$12.00 at pet stores.It is our "bird bible",and can teach you how to prevent problems before they start.All parrots are extremly intelligent and VERY manipulative,and have nothing better to do all day than to figure out how to get their way.[and they're very good at it!]We used to think that parrots merely micked talking,but after extensive research,now know that these birds do not merely mimick,but actually use speach correctly.
    Well, i'm falling asleep,[i worked last night,and have to go back to work in a few hours],so i'm going to bed now.When i get a chance,i'll give you some info on the different species,ie. behavior ,talking ability,noise level,etc,and maybe that can help you choose your bird. G'Night

By Rhiannon on Saturday, October 23, 1999 - 08:42 pm:

(One of our friendly neighborhood bookstores keeps two cockatoos in a cage in the back...for years, those cursed birds have screeched, squawked, and hollered at anyone who gets too close to their cage. It's a small bookstore, so this is unavoidable. That sound they make...God, it's like whole bushels of fingernails being drawn across a blackboard. Absolutely horrifying.)

By Czarina on Saturday, October 23, 1999 - 11:20 pm:

Exactly the point I was trying to get across!

By Lucy_Phurre on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 02:46 pm:

The other issue with cockatoos, parrots, etc. is that there is a world of difference between wild-caught and hand-raised birds. Firstly, wild-caught birds were probably caught illegally, using horribly cruel methods.
    Secondly, wild-caught birds are generally terrified of people, and hand-raised birds are generally fond of people.
    This is particularly true of cockatoos.
    A hand-raised cockatoo is an incredibly affectionate bird. A wild-caught cockatoo won't let you near it.

By Patrick on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 02:48 pm:

will they pick and clean your hair? I need a bird to sit on my shoulder and pick the dust mites out......

By J on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 03:59 pm:

Then you need a pet monkey.

By Waffles on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 05:44 pm:

i have always thought that would be fun for a couple of weeks....

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 10:10 pm:

What? To sit on Patrick's shoulder and pick dust mites out of his hair.....

By Rhiannon on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 10:28 pm:

Beav, haven't you been paying attention?

By Fetidbeaver on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 11:03 pm:

yes, it was a joke.......

By Rhiannon on Monday, October 25, 1999 - 11:22 pm:

oh. sorry.

By Nate on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 01:06 pm:

i'm buying a house in the woods, which is what i've been waiting for to get a larger bird. i'm actually thinking in the realms of a mid-sized model, like a conure or something.

i'm a little worried that the plum head will get bent out of shape if i add a friend to the flock.

By Patrick on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 01:26 pm:

back to the woods eh?

By Nate on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 02:24 pm:

certianly. went into escrow yesterday.

By Agatha on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 02:26 pm:

congrats, nate. send me a picture if you have one.

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 02:38 pm:

pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does that mean...go into escrow...i understand thats where they put dead people's property and money until everything is finalized........i have never considered buying a house, at least not in california.......too god damn expensive, insurance would be a bitch......i think when i do, i would like to buy a house in atlanta, it's cheap, you can score a nice 3 bedroom house in the city limits for around 175k, whereas here in LA, something like that would go for aminimum of 400k .... i would love to have an old victorian house with a wrap around porch....the porch is key....or a new york or london flat with roof access.....the roof is key.....

By Nate on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 02:50 pm:

i have a deck in back. overlooks a stream. deck is key.

escrow is the time where everything is checked out before things change hands. that's as best i can figure it. all i know is that in 29 days i have a house, if the house comes out of inspections as being worth having. and provided someone will trust me enough to loan me a lot of money.

your living space should be purchased as soon as financially plausable. interest is tax deductable. you're always making mortgage payments. the question is, whose?

i read somewhere that the average home price is $60K, and the average home is 3 bedrooms.

this is not a california reality.

By J on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 02:50 pm:

I still want that house with the waterfalls in it,way to go Nate,you got a tax deduction and you don,t have to live across the street from the crack house.

By Patrick on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 02:58 pm:

Frank Lloyd Wright's Falling Water...he has a few houses he did in LA, one if them is really silly looking, I like the Neutra houses better. Remember that house they used in parts of Blade Runner....that house is da bomb...holy supershit batman!!!!!!!

indeed not calaifonia reality, thats really great Nate.....and thats what i suspected escrow was. What is an expected downpayment percentage? 10-15%? Yeah decks, porches, rooftops, patios, these are all key.........

By Nate on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 03:02 pm:

20% what most lenders prefer. You can do it with as little as 5%, maybe even less. I'm doing about 10%.

By Rhiannon on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 03:02 pm:

Falling Water: my aunt and uncle visited that place this summer...the little stream that runs through the house was nothing but a trickle because of the drought, so they didn't get to see the place in all its glory. Alas.

By Waffles on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 03:09 pm:

aside from the downpayment, what else can one expect outta pocket prior to and shortly after move in?

By Agatha on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 03:15 pm:

your soul.

dave and i put 3,000 down. i still think that's sort of funny. of course, our payments are more now, but they are still less than we were paying for a rental house in seattle.

By J on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 03:15 pm:

You have to sometimes pay points,and I think there are closing fees.

By Nate on Tuesday, October 26, 1999 - 04:39 pm:

there are closing costs. i think non-recurring closing costs can't be more than 3%. but i had that wrapped into my mortgage.

the key is credit and cashflow, i think.

By Sarah on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 05:28 am:

how does one make enough money on a single income to actually buy a house?

just curious.

By ____ on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 09:36 am:

sarah, you have to move to where real estate prices aren't so inflated. have you ever driven an hour or two away from the city and seen signs like "3 bdrm craftsman style charmer on 2 acres with pond. 1,700 sq ft. $149,000"

it makes me wish i could telecommute.

By Waffles on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 11:59 am:

I think nate plays the market....

By Patrick on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 11:59 am:

like a good white boy

By Nate on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 01:01 pm:

Excepting the downpayment, you can generally afford to buy the house you're renting. So long as your credit is good.

My mortgage payments are going to be about $200 higher than my current rent, but since mortgage interest is tax deductable my cash flow will actually increase. You can adjust your withholdings and have larger paychecks, because in the end you'll be paying less taxes.

Your down payment can also be given to you, or "given to you" (secret repayment.) You can season loans in your own accounts by holding the money for three months, or you can sign your name to the account the money is coming from. Also, using a gift letter, you can have the money come to you above the board.

Mortgage lenders like at least half of the down to be your own money, though.

Offer your potential relative lender a fair interest rate, say 10%. Then pay the interest each month, but not the principle. Then, after a couple years, refinance your mortgage, folding this loan into the mortage. You can then pay off your relative and, how you say, keep on truckin'.

Your credit has to be good, but it probably doesn't have to be as good as you might think. A couple late (30 day) payments will not hurt you too much. A bunch will.

My 1168 sq foot 3 bedroom is an hour from the city (well, 2 hours from The City, but an hour from Silicon Valley,) sits on about 6000 sq feet of land and is costing me a good chunk more than $149K.

By Patrick on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 01:27 pm:

you see, when money starts to become figments of someone's imagination....when it's not concrete in my account or in my back pocket, i start getting a little confused...I would like to have about 20 grand in my pocket, negotiate the best interest rater i can get, buy directly from an owner, no middle men or agents.......have my father in law do my taxes to the best of our advantage. he will advise as to what i should be deducting on my paycheck and then we will start breeding...its the american way

By heather on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 02:57 pm:

the fact is that you can do it with relatively little money (except maybe in hawaii)

i know in michigan there were lots of strange programs (government i think), and at least one for first time home buyers that significantly reduced the downpayment aspect

a lot of people don't seem to want to deal with maintenance or the feeling of being tied down

By Nate on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 03:55 pm:

i think people only think from paycheck to paycheck. if you think of what you earn as limited, ie: you have the opportunity to earn X dollars in your life, you'd be more concerned with saving money as fast as possible.

As an investment, a house is one of the best available today. You're keeping your housing payments each month, and the interest you pay is tax deductible. When you get enough equity built up, you have money you can use.

By J on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 04:47 pm:

Your smart Nate,we are paying our house off early too,when it,s paid off,we can sell it for twice what we paid for it,in a couple of months,we will sell our rental house and find one thats newer and closer to us. Too many people spend money that they don,t have with credit cards,I never charge anything that I can,t pay for the first charge.If any of you have a chanse to get in a 10K program where you work,hook-up as soon as possible,my husbands company matches a dollar for every dollar you put in.When he was first offered that option,we hooked right up,it has certainly paid off.

By Patrick on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 05:33 pm:

mine matches 50%, but i have ahd a good 6 months....it's all on the up in up

By J on Wednesday, October 27, 1999 - 05:38 pm:

Your smart too.

By Pamela on Friday, October 29, 1999 - 02:23 am:

My husband and are thinking about buying a house soon... I want a nice big pretty house...

Congratulations Nate on your house. I have some friends that live up in that area. I think it's Casa del Oro or something like that... I can't remember.

Anyway, congrats... Talk to you later...

By Pamela on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 12:45 am:

My husband and I are buying a house! $130,000! Woo-hoo! It's so nice! I updated my website, but not by much. http://www.crosswinds.net/~bradsgirl

I have a picture of the house we're buying up on my welcome page.

I am so excited that we're buying this house. The deal closes on January 12, 2000. In a matter of weeks, I will be a homeowner! I can't believe all of this. I get married, I move three hours away from my the only home I've ever known and now I am buying a house... And I am only 20 years old! So much has been going on in my life since I turned 18. I am so excited!

By Rhiannon on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 03:35 am:

You're only 20? Holy cow, I thought you were like in your 30s or something when you first posted.

Jeez. Married and buying a house at 20.

Look at me. I'm only here at this ungodly hour because i'm so freaking pathetic i can't even get off my ass for 1 1/2 weeks and type a few words a day, and I end up having to do it all in one night.

What kind of wife would I make?

I have 4 more pages to write of my last paper. Then I have to take an exam at 9. If I finish by 5:30, I'll have 3 hours to study. My point is, my brain is screaming. You come up with a good analogy.

Back to work.

By cyst on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 10:02 am:

rhiannon. everyone does their papers the night before they're due. everyone always has. you'd probably make as good a wife as any.

By Nate on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 10:41 am:

i used to get too drunk to type anymore and have to set my alarm a couple hours early to finish my papers.

so there!

and the page you sent me to fuck with my brain, Pamela.

By Rhiannon on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 11:05 am:

[slinky, dirty, grinding guitar intro]

I wanna be your favorite prescription
    So I can run through your veins
    I wanna be your favorite doctor, baby
    So I can take away your pain
    I wanna be your favorite lotion
    So you can rub me on ya every day
    I wanna be your favorite toy
    So I can be there when you wanna play

I wanna be your favorite pair of pajamas
    I wanna be with ya every night
    I wanna be your favorite dog, baby
    So you can teach me not to bite

Ooo-ooo!!

I wanna be your favorite lipstick
    So I can share in your juicy lips
    I wanna be your favorite girdle
    So I can cling to your slinky hips
    I wanna be your favorite mascara
    I wanna be around your pretty eyes
    I wanna be your favorite snuggy
    So I can cling to your pretty thighs

I'd like to think that I'm the kind of guy
    Who'll always be the apple of your eye
    And all you've got to do is call
    Winter, spring, summer, or fall

OW!

Let me be your favorite pair of pajames
    Let me cling to you every night
    Let me be your favorite dog, baby

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

--A. Williams

By JusMiceElf on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 12:14 pm:

Dammit, Rhi...where did you find that one. That's great. I almost want to send that to my
    favorite med student. Of course, I also almost want to drive out to where she is and declare
    my undying love for her, but I'm too chickenshit. Mostly, I'm getting afraid to start the new
    year single, but not much I can do about that now. I did managed to mostly live up to last
    year's resolutions, which were mostly to get my ass in gear, and be more responsible with
    my life. Shit. That sounds way too grown up.

By Rhiannon on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 08:33 pm:

That's an Andre Williams song, off his album, "Silky." It's hard to find, but worth the effort, if you like the idea of listening to a 60+ year old man singing about the pleasures of the flesh.

Let me just say that having successfully pulled off writing 2.5 papers and 2 exams in 19 hours, there is nothing I cannot accomplish. Hell, I'm not even tired. I feel like I want to put on some steel-toed boots and kick in a brick wall or go uproot a tree with my bare hands.

RRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR

By R.C. on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 10:02 pm:

CONGRATS ON YR NEW HOME, NATE!!

Be sure & send me a picture.

P.S.
    Re: that Dial-up thing: Dave is sending me a Win 95 CD/so I shd be good to go w/FreeNet or NetZone soon.

Trying to track the boards & post from work is a drag...

By R.C. on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 11:01 pm:

And re: Homeownership

There is nothing like the feeling of laying down to sleep at nite in yr very own home & knowing that whatever happens to you in life/you'll never be homeless becuz YOU own the roof over yr head. (Well, you & the bank, anyway.)

Granted, I was way lucky becuz my parents bought me a condo -- & paid cash for it/so I have no
    mortgage to fret over. But here's no sense of security like owning yr home. And in most markets /mortgage pymts. are usually just a couple of hundred $$ more than what you're paying now for rent.

Coming up w/the downpayment is what prevents most people from buying a home/but there are lots of gov't. programs out there now that offer 1st time buyers the chance to own a home w/as little as 5% down.

Nate is right -- paying a mortgage on something you own is better than paying rent for something someone else owns. But I have no clue what he meant abt borrowing $$ from a relative & only repaying them the interest/not the principle/ until you have enuf equity to refinanace yr mortgage. If you've got family that can afford to give you $$ for a downpayment/why wdn't they just hand you the cash? Parents can give their kids up to $20k a year per child/tax free.

And if someoene can afford to loan you that kind of $$ & only get back interest pymts. for the 1st few years/why wdn't they just make it a 5 yr. loan w/no monthly pymts -- you'd just repay them the principle + interest when you refinanced?

By semillama on Saturday, December 18, 1999 - 01:50 pm:

20, married and a homeowner, Pamela? you make this 27-yr-old single renter seem like a huge slacker.

Rhiannon: you would make a better wife than most, let me tell you that. I feel taht if you're going to marry someone, they'd better be a good conversationalist.

By Isolde on Saturday, December 18, 1999 - 09:15 pm:

Congrats on the house, Nate--sounds like fun. Now if only they would erase the debt on Jan first...

By Nate on Monday, December 20, 1999 - 10:33 am:

my people are working towards that end.

By JusMiceElf on Monday, December 20, 1999 - 11:11 am:

One of the nice things about owning a house
    (besides the finacial advantages) is that you can
    do any damn thing you want to it, because it's
    yours. I bought a fixer upper, and have been
    doing exactly that. I've done a bit of work on
    the house, including teaching myself to put in a
    tile counter in the kitchen. I rent out two
    bedrooms, at reasonable rates for this area, and
    it ends up costing me less than when I was
    renting.

Rhi, congrats on getting it all done! Maybe you
    can come be my muse and inspire me to write my
    last under

By Taetia on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 08:56 am:

What's the interest rate on a home loan in the US
    these days?

By JusMiceElf on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 10:01 am:

Offhand, I'd say in the mid-seven to mid-eight percent range, depending on what type of loan
    you select, and how many points. There are a couple of clearinghouses for loans online that
    list rate

By J on Sunday, December 26, 1999 - 12:30 am:

Pam,that is really good to be as young as you are and buying a home in California no less.Same for you Nate,I guess since you bought the house before you got married,it will be all in your name and not community property,I don,t blame you.

By Pamela on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 01:43 pm:

Yes, I am so excited! We got our house! And we also have some more news... I'm pregnant! I'm 10 weeks along. My husband and I are very excited! We are very happy to be expecting. We both want children very much. I am so happy!

By J on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 01:52 pm:

Congradulations!!! Pam,I wondered what happened to you,see you,ve been busy,I hope you post the baby pictures here.

By Nate on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 02:27 pm:

it's not too late to abort.

By agatha on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 03:04 pm:

nate, shame on you.

By heather on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 03:43 pm:

we are not all the same and that is good

i'll refrain from saying any more

By Sheep 45 on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 05:03 pm:

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD NATE

By aborted_fetus on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 08:22 pm:

I just want my gestation back!
    FUCK THE FRENCH!

By Dougie on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 08:29 pm:

Oui, et le francais, j'en suis sur, cracheraient sur votre tombe. Assez de ca, d'accord?

In English, "I'm sure the French would spit on your grave. Enough of "Fuck the French," ok?"

By heather on Wednesday, February 2, 2000 - 09:48 pm:

don't go messin' doogie fresh

(and the french spit on everyone)

By Margret on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 09:29 am:

Enculez les francais et enculez vous!

By J on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 10:10 am:

Sorry Dougie,but the policy at Sorabji is to fuck the french,and it,s strictly enforced.

By Noaccount on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 01:36 pm:

is annybody out there?

By Patrick on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 02:10 pm:

no

By Dougie on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 04:25 pm:

Fuck you up the ass too, Margret, espece de salope.

By Patrick on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 04:39 pm:

ooooohhh boy dougie fresh your in for it now.

it's the whipping post for you kid

welcome to sorabji

By Dougie on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 04:44 pm:

So she tells me in French, "fuck you up the ass" and instead of replying back, I have to bend over and keep quiet?

By Margret on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 05:32 pm:

I can go either way. Keep quiet, or not.
    And you don't HAVE to keep quiet. If french had a hortatory subjunctive instead of just subjunctive (which I am pathologically incapable of memorizing) I would have used that instead. Use of the imperative does not actually imply consent by you or ability to enforce by me.
    Anyway, I was just showing that verb off.
    In the general spirit of fucking the french.

By Nate on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 05:51 pm:

you were speaking in french, you know... and here in new rome we fuck the french.

in the ass.

By Patrick on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 06:03 pm:

damn margret.....you have gotten soft.

By Dougie on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 06:28 pm:

I have many friends who are french, some of the nicest people I know, and was once married to a french girl, hence the outburst. I didn't know this board was so anti-french as a matter of policy.

By Margret on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 06:29 pm:

Yeah, well, that's what happens when people start claiming you're persecuting them (unless you're Nate or Swine), you take pity and start explaining yourself and completely eviscerating your own sense of humour in the interests of the psychic well-being of humans.

By Patrick on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 06:35 pm:

but dougie fresh, did you fuck her in the ass?

By Margret on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 06:36 pm:

I'm not against any actual French people.
    It's more a whimper than a bang in the face of an unstoppable force of history.
    Everyone knows the French are about due to take over the earth. Any day now. It's happening, seriously. You know, la prieure de Sion is in France. And you know where you go from there. Calling the rites Scottish is a french in-joke, like "fuck the french" is here, although they were willing to marry their dauphin to...well, never mind.

By Dougie on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 06:52 pm:

Yeah, I just heard on the news the other day that a templar knight dug up the holy grail with a backhoe last week while he was installing an inground swimming pool at his new home in Rennes.

By Patrick on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 06:54 pm:

i fart in your general direction

By Margret on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 06:55 pm:

OH MY GOD THEY COULD MAKE A HOSE NOZZLE OUT OF THE GRAIL AND FILL THE SWIMMING POOL WITH IT AND TAKE A REFRESHING DIP IN ETERNITY.
    oh my god no more french jokes the ascendancy of the dagobert's heirs is at hand.

By Dougie on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 06:57 pm:

Did I fuck who in the ass, Patrick?

By Patrick on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 07:00 pm:

"Why"

Berets, cocks, croissants
    Why God, Why?
    Cocks, cocks, French
    Why God, Why?

What have I done to deserve this pink horror? Surrounded on all sides with the Hell of French
    Like a cummings character, I'm wordy and alone
    Why God, Why?

Berets, berets, croissants
    Why God, Why?
    French, croissants, croissants
    Why God, Why?

What have I done to deserve this pink disaster that is my life?
    Surrounded on all sides with the Hell of French
    Why God, Why?

What have I done to deserve this pink misery?
    Surrounded on all sides with the Hell of French
    Why God, Why?

Why God, Why?
    Why God, Why?
    Why God, Why?
    Why God, Why?

By Patrick on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 07:01 pm:

the french exwife......did you fuck her in the ass in accordance with sorabji protocol? You may have been a sorabjite and not even know it

By Dougie on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 07:02 pm:

If I remember correctly, you're the one that said he enjoyed speaking French badly to his wife, which seemed to spark this entire converstation.

By Dougie on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 07:04 pm:

Of course. What else do married do? Try out new ways to get it on.

By Patrick on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 07:05 pm:

true, and thats usually when i am pounding her ass too.....come on dougie, get with the program

By Margret on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 07:06 pm:

Dougie: this conversation is the polylogue equivalent of BioDome..it's SUPPOSED to be dumb -- and you're Spaulding Gray-ing it up!

By Dougie on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 07:08 pm:

I like Spalding Gray. Seen the movies and read his books.

By semillama on Thursday, February 3, 2000 - 11:48 pm:

Yes, but have you tickled his prostrate with your hot love wrench?

You all know I'd stumble into this sooner or later.

Speaking of things "French"-

Some brilliant scientists got the idea to take MRI's of couples when they're making the beast with two backs. Turns out that the penis is boomerang shaped when inserted during the missionary position. (Discover, March 200)

See, any day you learn something new, is a good day.

The French they are a funny race,

They fight with their feet and fuck with their face!

By cyst on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 03:03 am:

By Gee on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 03:03 am:

I would like to know where this "dougie fresh" thing came from. In the olden days (about a year ago) new people were treated to cuss words and nasty attitudes. Now they get cutsey nicknames and have things explained to them when they get offended. I'm not sure I like your new ways.

By Margret on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 09:20 am:

Oh my god cyst, that sure enough wasn't me but it is barking hysterical.

By Dougie on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 09:28 am:

I'm not so sure my nickname is supposed to be cute, Gee. When I first posted, I voiced my dislike for rap music. So of course, everybody started using a rapper's alias for me. Handy that my first name is Dougie, just slap on "fresh" and there you've got it. In terms of having things explained to me, there was an interesting thread going on (interesting at least to me) about France and the french, and I didn't understand all these interjections of "fuck the french."

By _____ on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 09:44 am:

jeezus, that guy needs to get an agent and take it on the road. she must be one hell of a wild fuck.

By Markus on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 09:54 am:

Speaking as someone who's dated a German woman (hell, speaking as a man who's dated any woman) that's just hilarious. Not sure how long the relationship's going to last after she gets the URL, though.

By Margret on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 10:03 am:

Gee, if you want I can be mean to the next one.
    But I kind of like this one, he knows about the Priory of Sion wierdness.

By Dougie on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 10:23 am:

That dude loves his wife, and I daresay, if they were ever to break up, and he found himself with a "proper" Englishwoman -- someone who wasn't full of piss and vinegar like his current wife, he'd go out of his frickin' skull with boredom.

By agatha on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 12:00 pm:

dave, am i like that?

dougie, the french thing is a JOKE. it's been around here for a long time. don't spoil it. it's a JOKE, okay?

By Nate on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 12:21 pm:

if you have to ask...

By Dougie on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 12:48 pm:

Ok, ok, it's a joke. Sheesh, I get the point. Never again will I mention anything good about the french, or for that case, will I mention anything at all about the french.

Now, how 'bout them I-talians?

By mistaswine on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 12:50 pm:

fucking bigot.

By Nate on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 12:55 pm:

jesus, who is this ass?

By Dougie on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 01:26 pm:

Just your average glutton for punishment, Nate.

By Nate on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 01:27 pm:

word.

By sarah on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 04:36 pm:

fuck the french, you assholes.

next!

By sarah on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 04:39 pm:

six minutes, dougie fresh, you're on.

ah-ah- on!

that's where it came from. jeeezis people. get with it.

By Dougie on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 04:58 pm:

Uhh, six minutes, i'm on? Sarah, once again please, a little less cryptic for us oldsters. Muchissimas gracias

By sarah on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 05:00 pm:

six minutes
    six minutes
    six minutes dougie fresh you're on.

AH AH ON!

there is nothing cryptic about it. do a search at amazon.com.

By Dougie on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 05:08 pm:

Doug E. Got It Goin' On - (with Missjones)

Would this be the opus to which you're referring? Unfortunately, amazon didn't have a sound sample.

By Markus on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 05:27 pm:

The whole Priory of Sion thing is just another rant from from the Forteans, dowsers, New World Order paranoids, and other superstitious types, such as this guy or these freaks. The French can't even rule France.

Dagobert II can lick my ass. And you can tell him I said so.

By sarah on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 05:35 pm:

Doug E. Fresh

yesh

By sarah on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 05:36 pm:

Dagobert II can lick my ass as well. the line starts behind me.

npi

By Dougie on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 06:22 pm:

Dagobert E. Fresh Got It Goin' On - (with Missjones)

six minutes
    six minutes
    six minutes Dagobert E. Fresh you're on.

AH AH ON!

By heather on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 07:38 pm:

...doogie....

By Dougie on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 07:39 pm:

Yes ma'am?

By sarah on Friday, February 4, 2000 - 10:28 pm:

howser!

By Patrick on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 12:46 pm:

dougie fresh, Doug E Fresh is/was a rap star. I have no idea what sarah is talking about, i just know he was/is a rapstar. thats all you need to know. You came on with your hard stance against rap, and now we get to pseudonym you with a rapstar, i believe i started the "fresh" part....after you came out with the the "dougie" part.

By Dougie on Monday, February 7, 2000 - 02:06 pm:

Thanks Patrick, I knew about Doug E Fresh. Not the first time I've been called that. See my post on this thread from Friday, February 4, 2000 - 09:28 am. I just wasn't sure what Sarah was talking about.

By Spider on Thursday, July 12, 2001 - 10:10 am:

By Rhiannon on Friday, December 17, 1999 - 08:33 pm:

Let me just say that having successfully pulled off writing 2.5 papers and 2 exams in 19 hours, there is nothing I cannot accomplish. Hell, I'm not even tired. I feel like I want to put on some steel-toed boots and kick in a brick wall or go uproot a tree with my bare hands.

RRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR

How's it go? "We were warriors once, and young"?

By sarah on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 04:26 am:

you people don't remember Doogie Fuckin Howser, MD? the old TV show about the 17 year old brain surgeon? shame on you.

By TBone on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 10:06 am:

I used to watch Doogie Howser.

I'd always think, "I could do that."

By patrick on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 11:28 am:

yeah. i think i was playing dumb.

get it.

P L A Y I N G D U M B

By pez on Friday, July 13, 2001 - 01:47 pm:

with it's dotty theme song?

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact