I Need a new Keyboard -- Bad!

sorabji.com: The Stalking Post: I Need a new Keyboard -- Bad!
THIS IS A READ-ONLY ARCHIVE FROM THE SORABJI.COM MESSAGE BOARDS (1995-2016).

By R.C. on Monday, December 20, 1999 - 10:15 pm:

My keyboard at home is missing, like, all the vowels plus R,T,P,S,F,G,L,V,N & M. I really need to get a new one badly. But I REFUSE to venture into any store other than the grocery store (or WalMart after midnite) until after the holidaze are over. But I really don’t want to wait – I want a nice, shiny new ergonomically-correct keyboard delivered to my frontdoor ASAP.

But when I use the store search engines @ circuitcity.com & staples.com/they keep giving me Casio keyboards (the musical kind) instead of computer keyboards. I even tried under ‘peripherals’/but that bought up printers & digital cameras.

Can anyone give me a link to a site where I can order an ergonomic keyboard online? (My tower has a 5-prong keyboard plug vs. a 6-prong.)

By mistaswine on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 12:27 am:

By R.C. on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 12:33 am:

Much obliged.

Howthehell are ya, anyway, Dolemite? Heading back to the homefront for the holidaze? Be sure to get some baby pics!

By R.C. on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 01:51 am:

Okay, here's the one I chose from the link you gave me. But it's got so much ad verbiage I dunno what it's talking about! I just want a Win95 compatible ergonomic keyboard (no keypad necessary) with the standard # of keys (is that 105?) & a 5-prong plug to stick in my tower -- or one of those adapter thingees if it has a 6-prong plug.)

Will this do the trick?

A New Keyboard

(Shoot -- I'm not at home & I don't have my link instructions handy. Oh well - -pls. cut & paste in necessary...)

By R.C. on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 03:38 am:

Anyway... I didn't wanna wait for the damn thing to be shipped/so I stopped at Walmart on my way home & bought myself a Mocrosoft Natural Keyboard. I knew my tower input thingee for my old keyboard was 5-prong/so I made sure it said on the box that it came w/an adapter. AND THE DAMN THING WON'T PLUG INTO MY TOWER! The adapter they have converts from 6-prong to a square plug-in jack thingee. So I went back to WalMart/at 3:00 a.m./& bought a 5-to-6 prong adapter. AND EVEN THAT ONE WON'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGHHHH! Replaceing a keyboard shd be no different than replacing a telephone. There shd be STANDARD UNIVERSAL JACK THINGEE that plugs into any tower!

I'm sure the jack won't be returnable/but the fucking keyboard had better be!!!!

I swear this is the story of my life. Always a day late/or a dollar short/or a 6-prong when I need a fucking 5 prong...

By Patrick on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 11:49 am:

they changed a while back to PS-2 connection, it has to do with your motherboard more than the keyboard. You must have an older motherboar i believe. Damn keyboards are expensive. I paid $9 for my Acer win95 keyboard, but that was wholesale, but knowing they only cost retailers about that much you should be able to negotiate at your local computer store.

By semillama on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 01:13 pm:

Maybe go looking in used computer places, or thrift stores even. That's what I would do to find a replacement keyboard. Also try your local university or college, especially if they have a technical bent. They probably have some you could get cheap.

By Lucy Phurre on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 04:06 pm:

ebay
    Check you their welcome page & other info before you bid.

ebay computer stuff

They have lots of keyboards, and they'll be pretty cheap too.

Hope this helps.

You do have to be somewhat careful. Anyone got a resource on online auctions?

I would also like to take this opportunity to post a reminder to Ratboy and all of his "secret whiteboy handjive" buddies not to post to me, as I know from experience that they will try to silence me NO MATTER WHAT I am saying.

By Gee on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 06:16 pm:

I like to go to eBay every now and then and see if some poor schmuck is auctioning off the first Spirit of the West album. Someone did that there once before and I passed because I don't have a CC. It compleatly slipped my mind that I could have used my sister's card. Now who's the schmuck?

By Patrick on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 06:34 pm:

i like to go and browse camera equipment, the thing is, i have to be careful because i find myself "impulse bidding" and next thing you know i gotta send a money order out the door

By Lucy Phurre on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 06:42 pm:

Ebay is great.

Patrick, don't talk to me.
    (I will post this reminder until he actually LEAVES ME ALONE instead of just talking about it.)

By Patrick on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 06:45 pm:

i wasn't, now cut it out!

By Lucy Phurre on Tuesday, December 21, 1999 - 06:50 pm:

In other words, I will keep posting reminders until you stop posting to me (even if it's about not posting to me).

One unrelated post does not get you any credit.

By Antigone on Wednesday, December 22, 1999 - 01:38 am:

Hey, Patrick, I was thinking of writing a little netscape plugin that will automatically filter Sorabji posts from any IP address. i.e. you could block any posts from Lucy from showing up... Interested? (and, Lucy, you could block posts from Patrick...)

By Patrick on Wednesday, December 22, 1999 - 10:56 am:

thats crafty, but not necessary for me

bbs.sorabji.com

The Stalking Post: General goddam chit-chat Every 3 seconds: Sex . Can men and women just be friends? . Dreamland . Insomnia . Are you stoned? . What are you eating? I need advice: Can you help? . Reasons to be cheerful . Days and nights . Words . Are there any news? Wishful thinking: Have you ever... . I wish you were... . Why I oughta... Is it art?: This question seems to come up quite often around here. Weeds: Things that, if erased from our cultural memory forever, would be no great loss Surfwatch: Where did you go on the 'net today? What are you listening to?: Worst music you've ever heard . What song or tune is going through your head right now? . Obscure composers . Obscure Jazz, 1890-1950 . Whatever, whenever General Questions: Do you have any regrets? . Who are you? . Where are you? . What are you doing here? . What have you done? . Why did you do it? . What have you failed to do? . What are you wearing? . What do you want? . How do you do? . What do you want to do today? . Are you stupid? Specific Questions: What is the cruelest thing you ever did? . Have you ever been lonely? . Have you ever gone hungry? . Are you pissed off? . When is the last time you had sex? . What does it look like where you are? . What are you afraid of? . Do you love me? . What is your definition of Heaven? . What is your definition of Hell? Movies: Last movie you saw . Worst movie you ever saw . Best movie you ever saw Reading: Best book you've ever read . Worst book you've ever read . Last book you read Drunken ramblings: uiphgy8 hxbjf.bklf ghw789- bncgjkvhnqwb=8[ . Payphones: Payphone Project BBS

sorabji.com . torturechamber . px.sorabji.com . receipts . contact